ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement -dependent visa form for dependent less than 2 yr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pbuMatrix
Newly Registered

Settlement -dependent visa form for dependent less than 2 yr

Post by pbuMatrix » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi can some one clarify me on the Application form that i need to submit for my wife.

I got my ILR on the basis of Tier 1 (General) PBS few months before, this year(2013).

My wife came to UK as a dependent on my Tier 1(general) visa early this year(2013).

Since she hasn't completed her eligibility year of 2 yrs for the ILR when i got my Settlement done.

Her tier 1 dependent visa is valid till this year.

What visa should i apply for her to get the extension ?
Is it PBS Dependent visa or FLR(M) ??

Note: she came only this year.
[/b]

opty88

Re: Settlement -dependent visa form for dependent less than

Post by opty88 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 am

Since your wife came to the UK POST July 2012, she will qualify for ILR after 5 years as your dependant spouse

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am

Correct. See also Dependants of ILR (economic, 5 year route) applicants. Moreover, if she switches to FLR(M), then her qualifying period for ILR in this category may be reset.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.