ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement / Spouse Visa Appeal Timelines - FROM INDIA ONLY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hshankar_i
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement / Spouse Visa Appeal Timelines - FROM INDIA O

Post by hshankar_i » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi All,

16AUG16 - Application submitted &Biometrics in Mumbai
20SEP16 - Refused and docs collected

After reading the posts from this forum, I have decided to share my case with everyone.
I will be happy if anyone can help in making an effective appeal.
I applied for a Settlement visa from Mumbai. My wife is my sponsor who is a British Citizen. She is also an OCI card holder. We are married for 3.5 years now. My wife has been in India since the past 4 years and recently moved to London for her masters.
Since she didnt have an income in the UK, we are utilising the savings route by showing the required balance in her bank account.

My refusal was based on the following points-
1) Relationship requirements
The reason stated that there was no proof submitted to show that either of us had spent time in or resided in the UK -Furthermore there is no evidence to show that I had discontinued my employment in India as proof of my intended move to the UK.
Our reasoning-Old passport copy of wife had multiple entries to India and to other countries almost every year in the 15 years that she was in the UK. Moreover we also submitted an admission letter from the college stating the date of course commencement.
Also as per UK Immigration directives, it is advised that any definitive plans must be made only after Visa process is completed, hence resigning from the current employer was extraneous to the whole application process.

2) Financial requirements
This reason stated that we did not meet the financial requirement(since we weren't eligible for meeting the income threshold) of 62,500 Pounds being held in my sponsor’s bank account.
Our reasoning- The funds were held in an FD linked to the account. We had also added a letter from the bank on their letterhead stating that the funds were liquefiable at our discretion anytime and that there are no obligations on thccount.

3) Residence in UK
The reason also stated that there was no sufficient proof to state that the property we intended to stay in was owned by her cousin, did not mention the number of occupants and that it would not lead to overcrowding.
Our reasoning- We had attached council tax papers along with copy of utility bills proving property ownership of her cousin and wife- who are the only occupants of the property. We also attached a letter from them stating their willingness to welcome us to stay with them and also a separate room that would be allotted to us.

I felt that the refusal was unfair since we had provided much of the proofs for the points that had been stated. We are planning to prepare our case for the appeal by the first week of October 2016 especially since there has been a notice of a6 fold increase in hearing fees

Thanks,
Hari

mightyjo
Newly Registered

Post by mightyjo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Spouse Visa Refused : May 2016 (Mother OverStay in UK Previously )
Two Kids Both British, Mother Indian , Fist Kid Born in UK During Mother in Uk, Second Kid born in India.
Appeal 7 June 2016
Notice of Appeal 3 August 2016

Still Waiting till date no Reply yet.

anyone else during this timeline please share your experience.

Any Help Advice most welcome

it's so frustrating separate from very young kids.

stler
Newly Registered

Post by stler » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 pm

VFS Hyderabad (vac chennai)
Wife visa
applied : 15/06/2016
refused with letter dated : 09/08/2016
appln received : 17/08/2016
appeal IAFT-6 : 18/08/2016
appeal recorded : 26/08/2016
IA10 : 21/09/2016
IA10 received : 26/09/2016
Currently waiting to be decided at eco

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi everyone
My husband received this email today

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

*** IMPORTANT: If your application for a visa is granted then it is your responsibility to check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of the trip.***

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region
Any ideas about it

stler
Newly Registered

Post by stler » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Pari,

That looks like a standard email from VAC. Unfortunately, won't be able to say whether you got the visa or not just from the email. Why can't they include the status of the visa in this email?

Can you let me know the timelines of ur appln? Is this a appeal?

Thanks

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi everyone
My husband got the visa. I am so happy..

stler
Newly Registered

Post by stler » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Congratulations and all the very best for both of you together.

Would you mind adding a timeline of your application process?

KR,
Raj

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:28 pm

VFS Delhi
applied : 31st July 2015
refused with letter dated : 29th Sep 2015
appeal - 26th oct 2015
Last email received 12th Dec 2015 stating will hear from the court after April 2016. Haven't heard anything from the court yet.
Reapplied 3rd Aug 2016
Interview 29th Sep 2016
Received visa 5th oct 2016.
Hope this helps.

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:59 am

Dear All,

Greetings!

This forum has been of immense help for us, while we were waiting for the appeal response from the tribunal.

However, by god's grace, we have been able to get the original decision withdrawn from the tribunal and we have submitted the passport and paid the IHS fees through the link which was provided to us in an email from Visa center. After which we have received this email informing us that we will be getting another email, which will confirm our IHS number that we need to email to Visa center guys in New Delhi. We haven't received any email from them so far however, I was just wondering is the payment reference number is same as the IHS reference number required by them. I am pasting a part of that email below. I will really appreciate it if someone can advise us regarding the same:

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

Please retain for your records.

Thank you

The online payment for your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been safely and securely processed by WorldPay, on behalf of UK Visas & Immigration

(UKV&I). This payment will be shown on your card/ bank statement as 'Imm Health Surcharge'.

Transaction Reference

The transaction reference for your payment of INR 51,000.00 is IHS235699********|(Date and time of payment made, was written here). On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.

Waiting for some positive response from the friendly forum.

Thanks

stler
Newly Registered

Post by stler » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Hopeful_Soul,

The way things are going at the moment, you might have to wait a bit longer.

The next email which was referred in your email should come straight away. One reason could be worth checking is your junk box. For my application the IHS number looks remarkably similar to the transaction number which you identified correctly. Try contacting the delhi embassy with the same IHS number. Hopefully, it will make sense to them because your payment has been taken.

mightyjo
Newly Registered

Post by mightyjo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:01 am

Hi

Would you like to share your timeline and date of Pls

Tahnk You.

Hopeful_Soul wrote:Dear All,

Greetings!

This forum has been of immense help for us, while we were waiting for the appeal response from the tribunal.

However, by god's grace, we have been able to get the original decision withdrawn from the tribunal and we have submitted the passport and paid the IHS fees through the link which was provided to us in an email from Visa center. After which we have received this email informing us that we will be getting another email, which will confirm our IHS number that we need to email to Visa center guys in New Delhi. We haven't received any email from them so far however, I was just wondering is the payment reference number is same as the IHS reference number required by them. I am pasting a part of that email below. I will really appreciate it if someone can advise us regarding the same:

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

Please retain for your records.

Thank you

The online payment for your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been safely and securely processed by WorldPay, on behalf of UK Visas & Immigration

(UKV&I). This payment will be shown on your card/ bank statement as 'Imm Health Surcharge'.

Transaction Reference

The transaction reference for your payment of INR 51,000.00 is IHS235699********|(Date and time of payment made, was written here). On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.

Waiting for some positive response from the friendly forum.

Thanks

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey Stler,

Thank you for your response. I have sent the required information to the visa centre today. I have kept the IHS reference number same as the number received in the payment confirmation email.

@ Jo: Yeah sure...

Spouse Settlement applied at VFS New Delhi: 8th April 2016
Visa refused due to Financial reason with right to appeal given: 3rd May 2016
Appeal Lodged: 27th May 2016
Payment taken: 17th June 2016
Appeal letter received: 3rd August 2016
Deadline for ECO given the appeal letter: 8th November 2016
Original Decision Withdrawal email received from Global Appeals team: 20th October 2016
Email received from New Delhi Visa Center to submit the passport along with TB report and Sponsor's UK residence proof: 21st October 2016
Passport along with other documents submitted : 25th October 2016
IHS payment link sent through an email from Visa center: 26th October 2016
IHS Payment Made: 28th October 2016
IHS reference number confirmation email sent to Visa center: 31st October 2016

Awaiting Further update...

One query that I still have :

I am confused as to if we have received the visa and that's why they have asked for the Passport to be submitted? Or is there any more hurdles awaiting?

Would appreciate your kind confirmation/ suggestions.....

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Dear Friends,

I just wanted to share some good new from my side as I feel that you ppl have been very helpful in some way or the other with my doubts/queries/anxiousness during last few months.

I collected my passport from New Delhi VFS center today. Hence, I feel that its my duty to inform you regarding my case's timeline. Please find the same below:

Spouse Settlement applied at VFS New Delhi: 8th April 2016
Visa refused due to Financial reason with right to appeal given: 3rd May 2016
Appeal Lodged: 27th May 2016
Payment taken: 17th June 2016
Appeal letter received: 3rd August 2016
Deadline for ECO given the appeal letter: 8th November 2016
Original Decision Withdrawal email received from Global Appeals team: 20th October 2016
Email received from New Delhi Visa Center to submit the passport along with TB report and Sponsor's UK residence proof: 21st October 2016
Passport along with other documents submitted : 25th October 2016
IHS payment link sent through an email from Visa center: 26th October 2016
IHS Payment Made: 28th October 2016
IHS reference number confirmation email sent to Visa center: 31st October 2016
Email received from BHC New Delhi informing that the decision has been made: 11th November 2016 (Friday)
VFS Center closed on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (Guru Purab)
I visited VFS center today and inquired regarding my passport and it was there at the VFS center so collected it today on 15th November 2016.

Visa Vignette issued from 10th November 2016 till 10th December 2016

Visa issued for 33 Months

I hope this timeline will help other friends here who are still awaiting for their results.

I wanted to wish to all the best and please do not leave hope. If your case is genuine, everything will be sorted sooner or later, however, I do agree that the wait is painful.

If I can be of any Help to anyone through my own personal experience, then I will be very Happy to chip in with my 2 cents.

Thanks once again and keep up the good work

(Especial mention for the Admin ppl here: You are really doing an amazing job for free really. This is really appreciated. May god bless u all :). If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.)

Have a good one and Keep smiling....
Hopeful Soul :)

mightyjo
Newly Registered

Post by mightyjo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Congratulation Soul
I am still waiting for timeline almost similar to you

Appeal Logged 7 June 2016

ECM Deadline 16 November 2016

still nothing.......

is it possible do you have the email address of global appeal ????

Please reply me!!!

Gya
Newly Registered

Post by Gya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Congrats to those who got their visa after appeal. My spouse visa got refused.
Appealed on 27 sep
Appealed fee taken on 5 oct.

And its been 5 weeks still did not get any information whats happend to my appeal. Does anyone know what should i do? How can i know how far my appeal went on?

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Thanks Jo :)

I really wish that you will get the positive result very soon. Brother just dont lost hope and although its hard to do ... but have patience... If ECM deadline was 16th November 2016, then m pretty sure that you should be hearing from them within this month but its always good to contact them to check on progress...

As far as the email ID goes, i am not too sure but you can try this one Global.Appeals@fco.gsi.gov.uk

Hopefully they will respond to this.

Let us know regarding the update ... God bless

@ Gya: As you can see from my timeline that now you will getting an Appeal letter from the Tribunal which will have the deadline date for ECO to respond to you. Mine took somewhere near 7 weeks to get that appeal letter... you are on 5th week.... so my best advice here would be to just keep you fingers crossed and wait .. things will come through... :) Dont lose hope

One important thing to note here that I am just suggesting ideas that I feel would be right way to go forward and I request you not to take anything for granted. These pieces of advice are from my own timelines and by reading other fellow users. :) But I just wish positive news for every who is waiting ...

(Aside to Admins: Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong anywhere.)

Thanks all ...

FYI... I am reaching UK on 24th November 2016 .... Wish me luck for my UK stay now ... lol ...excited to start our married life in real sense now :)

Gya
Newly Registered

Post by Gya » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Hopeful_Soul wrote:Thanks Jo :)

I really wish that you will get the positive result very soon. Brother just dont lost hope and although its hard to do ... but have patience... If ECM deadline was 16th November 2016, then m pretty sure that you should be hearing from them within this month but its always good to contact them to check on progress...

As far as the email ID goes, i am not too sure but you can try this one Global.Appeals@fco.gsi.gov.uk

Hopefully they will respond to this.

Let us know regarding the update ... God bless

@ Gya: As you can see from my timeline that now you will getting an Appeal letter from the Tribunal which will have the deadline date for ECO to respond to you. Mine took somewhere near 7 weeks to get that appeal letter... you are on 5th week.... so my best advice here would be to just keep you fingers crossed and wait .. things will come through... :) Dont lose hope

One important thing to note here that I am just suggesting ideas that I feel would be right way to go forward and I request you not to take anything for granted. These pieces of advice are from my own timelines and by reading other fellow users. :) But I just wish positive news for every who is waiting ...

(Aside to Admins: Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong anywhere.)

Thanks all ...

FYI... I am reaching UK on 24th November 2016 .... Wish me luck for my UK stay now ... lol ...excited to start our married life in real sense now :)
Hopeful_Soul i got appeal pending letter today(17/11).
The date on it is 31/10/2016.
Now what? What should i do? Should i just wait? If there will be any changes like overturn or hold should they gonna let me know via email or post. Just finger cross to get a good news.
Thank u very much my frend. Lucky you. Best of luck for ur married life in UK.

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:13 pm

@Gya: Thanks for your wishes buddy....

I am a bit confused though... you are saying that you have got an appeal letter today and Deadline date is of 30th October??? Or is it the letter date?

Please reconfirm.

Gya
Newly Registered

Post by Gya » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:25 pm

Hopeful_Soul wrote:@Gya: Thanks for your wishes buddy....

I am a bit confused though... you are saying that you have got an appeal letter today and Deadline date is of 30th October??? Or is it the letter date?

Please reconfirm.

Sorry i mean to say the date on notice of pending appeal is 31 oct and i think deadline date will be after 15 weeks isn't it? Which will be 2nd week of feb 2017. :wink:

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:30 pm

@Gya: Yes buddy .... u got that right...

Generally it should be before 15 weeks... but then i m guessing it varies from case to case..

Wishing u all the best and hope u get a positive result very soon...

hang in there brother.... Patience will pay .. eventually...!

whatnext
Newly Registered

Post by whatnext » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:40 pm

May be this message can give little peace for me and others. My wife's and children's application was rejected and we have appealed. It costed me hell lot of money. Am really frustrated with the rejection for no reason, without giving a chance to explain even after taking £1195 per person as application fees.

I know, all here are in same situation.

Anyway, i appealed online on 17th Nov. Yet to get any acknowledgement. Will keep posted....
'

Gya
Newly Registered

Post by Gya » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:18 am

Hopeful_Soul wrote:@Gya: Yes buddy .... u got that right...

Generally it should be before 15 weeks... but then i m guessing it varies from case to case..

I hope u had a wonderful flight to UK. U must be busy in mean time. Can i ask u somthing, when ur appeal is overturned by ECM how did they let you know via email or they post the letter in ur residetial address?
Thanks

Gya
Newly Registered

Post by Gya » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:20 am

Gya wrote:
Hopeful_Soul wrote:@Gya: Yes buddy .... u got that right...

@Hopeful_Soul
I hope u had a wonderful flight to UK. U must be busy in mean time. Can i ask u somthing, when ur appeal is overturned by ECM how did they let you know via email or they post the letter in ur residetial address?
Thanks

Hopeful_Soul
Newly Registered

Post by Hopeful_Soul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:50 am

@Gya

Thanks for your wishes.

We got an email from Global appeals team with an attachment of the letter, which they then posted as well at my residential address (goes without stating that the letter was received by us after 3 weeks .... lol )

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Hopeful Soul :)

Thor
Newly Registered

Post by Thor » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:47 am

Hi Jo,

Have you got any updates about your application.