ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Refused From Pakistan. PLS HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jdoe222
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Refused From Pakistan. PLS HELP

Post by jdoe222 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Hello,

Few things to get out of the way first.

Me and my wife have been married for four years. She was born in the UK but has been living most of her life in Pakistan. She has never had to take an money in the form of public funds or anything like that.

We also have a son that was born in Pakistan, and he is also a British citizen.

This May I applied for a settlement visa from Pakistan.

Few things you should know about me. I have been studying in the UK for the past 5 years. First completed a BBA program and MAN met and than a Graduate diploma in Law. So I didnt need to take any English language qualifications.

The visa was returned to me end of August denied. Here is the letter I got stating the refusal.

You have failed to provide satisfactory documentary evidence that your sponsor is present and settled in the UK, or that they are to be admitted to the UK for settlement at this time. 280 (i)

--(My Edit: She has been to the Uk on a few occasions, but never worked or owned a home there.)

Second Paragrph:

I note that both you and your sponsor are living in Pakistan. Neither of you have indicated that you have job offers in the UK and you have stated you do not have accommodation. You have provided evidence that you have 20,000 GBP in funds, although I not hta 10,000 was deposited recently. You have also provided evidence of third party support totalling 6,000. Rented accommodation will cost around 500 a month minimum and any funding that you currently have will be drawn down quickly. IN view of your current position and the difficulty you may face in finding employment in order to support yourself, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor will be able to maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds. 281(iv)(v)

Not really sure what I should say in the appeal. Don't really have any more money to make deposits in my account, my dad is a builder so when one of his buildings sells he gets a lump sum in his account, and he was my third party sponsor.

My wife signed an underatking that she was going to settle with me in the uK, so not really sure what I should say in my appeal.

Please help someone!!!

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm

What evidence of your wife's British citizenship did you submit?

What details of accommodation did you submit? The refusal notice says you didn't, so it's an easy refusal. Many sponsors and applicants that have been living abroad together use family/friends accommodation initally (if there is room). Is this possible for you?

Did you justify with evidence where the 10,000GBP deposit came from?

Do either of you have skills that will help you get employment in the UK? Did you provide printouts of any job searches? Do you have any contacts in the UK that can assist in getting a job offer or interview?

jdoe222
Newly Registered

Post by jdoe222 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi, I sent copies of her British passport ad proof.

I Jair stated in the application that I wool rent once I get there as I have over 26k and can afford a hotel room for a week or so until I get a apt sorted out.

As mentioned I have a BBA and a GDL from Manchester metropolitan so shouldn't have trouble finding a job.

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:41 pm

You state your wife has lived nearly all her life in Pakistan. Did she state in her letter her reasons for wanting to return to the UK now?

Many sponsors and applicants have qualifications, but as seen from the news, there are many graduates without work right now. However with 20,000GBP savings you may not need employment if you can sort out the other reasons for refusal.

As for accommodation, they want to see something more fixed, a hotel would be too temporary and not adequate as per the rules. You need to stay with friends/family (and provide all the evidence); find something online that you can arrange for your arrival; or your wife would have to return ahead of you and arrange the accommodation. That would also show her intent to return and settle.

jdoe222
Newly Registered

Post by jdoe222 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Is there a specific format that a sponsor must use when providing the accomodation letter?

Any guidelines in this regard?

jdoe222
Newly Registered

Post by jdoe222 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Also, are there any court cases that I could make reference to that show the amount of money I have should be enough to sustain us?

Also, what should my wife write in the letter that we submit to the ECO about her wanting to go back to the UK?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm

I think overall, it sounds as though you guys need to show more preparation for a move to the UK. Many sponsors are returning with their sponsors and the important thing is proving that you have made the necessary arrangements to settle. So you will need a letter from a family member willing to accommodate you all and depending on the age of the child, you may need to show the person has enough rooms for your family. A letter will need to confirm the size of the property and their consent for you to stay. Also any costs for living there (rent/bills/etc/) and proof of how they own or rent the property in their own right.