ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa timeline from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stler
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa timeline from India

Post by stler » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi All,

I heard few changes going on currently in India settlement visa. From 12/12/2016, VFS are scanning the supporting documents instead of forwarding them to VAC. Any one recently applied at VFS / VAC / Chennai, pls share your timeline. I'm planning to submit an appln shortly from Hyderabad/Chennai.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement Visa timeline from India

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:11 pm

There is already a timeline thread, we don't need another one.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... e#p1408017

Thought you were appealing the previous refusal??

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1438025
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stler
Newly Registered

Post by stler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Thanks CR001,

Unfortunately my appeal hasn't been overturned by ECM and I applied for a new visa application (priority) this time. The forum has been of immense help so far.

Just one question, I applied for settlement(wife) visa and didn't submit SU07 form. Is this mandatory to submit this form? I thought this was only for adult dependents and not for spouse.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:40 pm

SU07 is NOT required for a spouse settlement visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:44 pm

stler wrote:Hi All,

I heard few changes going on currently in India settlement visa. From 12/12/2016, VFS are scanning the supporting documents instead of forwarding them to VAC. Any one recently applied at VFS / VAC / Chennai, pls share your timeline. I'm planning to submit an appln shortly from Hyderabad/Chennai.

Thanks
The only changes from the 12-12-2016 is that Indian Settlement must be sent directly to Sheffield.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mayav
Newly Registered

Post by mayav » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:52 pm

HI

I applied for my husband at chennai on priority basis.
VFS took the documents and probably scanned it to embassy. Decision was made in 4 working days. Timelines as on Dec 2016.

Thanks

rr2017
Newly Registered

Post by rr2017 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:39 am

stler wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
True. We applied at Hyderabad on 23 Jan 2017 and VFS scanned all the documents and returned all the papers back to us in less than an hour.
FYI
1. For scanning purpose all docs should be in A4 size, if any of your documents are of different size, the person at the counter would ask you get it xeroxed into A4 size...there's a xerox cabin at hyderabad.

2. Photographs needs to be color xeroxed on A4 size so you can submit them at the counter which will be scanned along with all other document

For both 1 &2 above ,
they will give your a slip stating how many papers xerox to show the xerox cabin and you dont need to pay for it.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 am

rr2017 wrote: True. We applied at Hyderabad on 23 Jan 2017 and VFS scanned all the documents and returned all the papers back to us in less than an hour.
rr2017 - have you received a decision yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

singhmohit wrote:
rr2017 wrote: True. We applied at Hyderabad on 23 Jan 2017 and VFS scanned all the documents and returned all the papers back to us in less than an hour.
rr2017 - have you received a decision yet?
Your duplicate post has been removed. There is no need to bump another members topic. If they wish to post an update, I am sure they will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)