ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Son born in India to British Father and Indian Mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wiqram

Son born in India to British Father and Indian Mother

Post by wiqram » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:20 am

Hello all, I am writing this post after much analysis and search online. But as usual not everyone has the same situation and the same requirement so not able to find the answer i need for my situation.

So here goes -

Father (self)- British Passport holder since 2013 via naturalisation. i.e. British Citizen other than by descent.
Mother (wife) - Indian passport holder with valid FLRm visa till Sept 2017.
Child (Son) - Born on a week ago in India.

Query - How to get son appropriate travel documents so that he and mother can fly to UK at the earliest and all other processes can followed in the UK.

Situation in detail - Me and my wife decided to have our baby in India (for various reasons which I will not delve into as not relevant to the case). My wife has been in India since March 2016 and delivered a baby boy on Oct 14 2016. As I have a british citizenship and passport and my wife is an indian citizen, I have the below options -
1) Directly apply for my son's British passport but that takes 6-12 months from India (which is crazy and unacceptable but that is the current case). I cant wait that long so this option isnt great.
2) Apply for child's Indian passport and then apply for a visa/RoA/CoE. But this has further sub-options as below -
2-a) Indian passport + CoE/RoA - But not sure if this is something that we can do as the child was not born in UK but in India. If we can go for it, can we go through one day service? can the child travel to UK immediately after getting the certificate? finally, can the child then apply for UK passport from UK?
2-b) Indian passport + Visa to join family permanently settled in the UK - again, this was suggested to me by UK BA who i paid to speak to at the rate of £1.27 per minute!. But I have my doubts of that being a valid option as the lady who i was speaking to didnt know much and was always keeping me on hold to find out information (annoying after charging that much per minute). So if we can go for this option, can we go through one day service? can the child travel to UK immediately after getting the certificate? finally, can the child then apply for UK passport from UK?
2-c) Indian passport + Family visitor visa - Again not sure if this is a valid option mainly because even if my son can apply for visitor visa, he will not be able to convert it into any other visa category in the UK (as per my understanding).

I know a long post, but please can i request some help in this as I cannot wait long to get my wife and my son back in the UK. Wouldnt mind an option which is quicker but slightly more expensive in the long term as well.

Regards,
Vikram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Son born in India to British Father and Indian Mother

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:27 am

Does your wife have a spouse visa??
2-a) Indian passport + CoE/RoA - But not sure if this is something that we can do as the child was not born in UK but in India. If we can go for it, can we go through one day service? can the child travel to UK immediately after getting the certificate? finally, can the child then apply for UK passport from UK?
This is the best option. There is no one day service available. Once you get CoE/RoA and child is in the UK, then you can apply for child's passport. I am not sure if you can apply for the passport within the UK for the baby and then send it to India though, others might be able to offer more advice on this

Child is British by descent, British citizens can't be issued a visa as they don't require entry clearance and are not subject to immigration control.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wiqram

Post by wiqram » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks for the response.

Yes, my wife has spouse visa, i.e. dependent on a british national FLR(m). she has this since Sept 2012.

I will now focus my analysis on this specific option to find out further details like processing times and documents required. for me key is processing times, as I am hoping this should take no more than 3 months to get the certificate/stamp on passport.

Any further information from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vikram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 am

See the link below, which is helpful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 77803.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.