ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship undertaking

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cloudysky99

Sponsorship undertaking

Post by cloudysky99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:13 pm

HI
Need some urgent advice. i was just about to submit my spouse visa application tommoroww when i realized my husband has entered his details intead of mine in the space provided for the sponsored person's details on the sponsorship undertaking form given to us by fedex .. can i use correcting fluid to put in my details instead of his or should i ask him to send another form now..this needs his signatures btw has anyone else submitted this form with hteir application? its called sponsorship undertaking SU07/01.. this is the first time ive heard about it.. im not sure if its necessary or not
Thanks
cloudysky

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi,

My wife was asked to get me to fill this form too, she was told it was on the BHC website but I was unable to find it for the life of me! It does actuallly state on the BHC website (ISB) that it is not required but the fedex guys insisted that it was important, despite the fact I paid a solicitor to write me one up aswell; it is basically sent to the Department of Work and Pensions.

Found it in the end and faxed it over, you can find it here:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721067523.

Towards the bottom of the page.

I would fill it out again and fax it over just to be on the safe side, these people will want any excuse to prolong the application process!

Good luck!

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanx a bunch for such a quick reply=)
so ur telling me that my husband can fax the completed form to mr=e instead of mailing it which takes around 10 days. wouldnt that create a problem?? i mena wouldnt the eco ask for a an originally signed undertaking instead of a fax which is a copy?

Regards
Cloudysky

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi,

Let me get this straight, is your Husband in the UK and you are in another country?

If so then it should be ok, I faxed my undertaking form over, my wife is in Pakistan and I am in the UK.....

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:04 am

yes he is in the uk and i had to come back from there to get my spouse visa(went there on a visit visa and stayed with him for 5 months before we found out about the no-switching rule)
one more thing : do we need signatures from a soliictor too?the second page of the document says 'for official use only' is that where the lawyer is required to sign
Regards
Cloudysky

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:42 am

HI,

No, as far as I am aware the second page is signed at the BHC they accepted ours without me\anyone\solicitor signing it.

:)

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:12 am

yes thats what i thought too but when i called bhc islamabad today there was this guys who said that we need solicitor's stamp and signatures. adn now you're telling me they accepted yours without any.. im so confused :?
Anyone else who'se gone through this experience before?

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Now that is confusing, my wife originally submitted her application along with all evidence but without the sponroship undertaking and the people at this Gerry place said that we need the sponsorship undertaking.

I then faxed it over to her and they took the complete application back for submission - it was then accepted without the signature of a solictor etc. However I did have a separate undertaking document that was prepared by my solictor..

At the end of the first page it shows NOTE 1, nowhere does is it state in this note that you must get the document signed by a solicitor, furthermore on page 2 - the page we are debating about it says for "OFFICIAL USE ONLY" and ends with the signature of someone "being authorised by the secretary of state"

It is all very confusing and any firm clarification will help very much indeed!
Last edited by roninxxx on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi,

This maybe of interest:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... oint%20ten

In particular consider the following paragraph regarding sponsorship undertaking:-

The ECO should complete the certification on the form, keep a copy on file and send the original sponsorship undertaking direct to:-

Department for Work and Pensions
Benefits Delivery (Special Operations)
Room 3S 25
Quarry House
LEEDS LS2 7VA

So it seems the ECO fills in the certification it kinda makes sense now, does it not?

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:56 pm

it seems we don't really need a signature thats strange bcoz the guy at the bhc was very clear about this.. seems they themselves are confused.. i'll check with them tommorrow again.
when did your wife submit her application..was it before or after the new rules for tb test and biometric scanning were introduced?
Regards
Cloudy sky

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi,

It was before.

Let us know what they say please.

Thanks!

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:31 am

well i just called them again and they say they don't need any signatures because there's no space provided for any solicitor. though thats what the embassy people in islambad told me im still not too sure cuz yestersday a dfferent gut told me a different story
anyone else with experience care to help us out?
Thanks
Cloudysky

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Well that's typical of the bureaucracy in the BHC, and shows how incompetent the staff are - they cannot even get a simple detail correct!

As far as I am concerned no signatures are required as it is cearly stated in the DSP - if my wife is called for a interview I will make sure she has a copy of the DSP where it CLEARLY states the ECO signs it.

Case closed!

:)

hampto
Newly Registered

Post by hampto » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:32 pm

In the notes section on page 1 of the application form they ask for proof of property ownership. What would be the case if you live with your parents?

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:56 pm

It would be advisable to get a letter of consent from your parents, i.e something that says they would happy for you and your spouse to live in the house.

Obviously you would also need to consider overcrowding issues and it would be in your best interest to prove that the property will not be overcrowded when your spouse moves in.