ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batleykhan

Re: Settlement application

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:37 pm

AhmadZia wrote:hi,

i wonder if one could help giving some advice.

my wife applied for her settlement application in Islamabad on 16.03.2010. in her application we only put 3 wedding pictures. (one when changing wedding rings, one when cutting the cake and one a group family picture). I have heard from others that 3 pictures are not enough. is this true?

3 pictures are fine

also it is said that we should have provided copies of our email. I am surprised because no one should ask other people's private messages specially between husband and wife.

You have to provide such things as emails/itemzed billing/letters/cards/money sent receipts etc to prove that your marriage subsists. Most refusals are for the reason that teh ECO is not satisfied that the marriage is subsistent. Dont send copies of messages that are very personal, jsut others that are not as personal.If you dont want to provide those thats fine, jsut provide the others that which I have mentioned

finally we have only provided two bank statements not three and the end balance is only £30 each time, however the statements shows that at least £2000 was paid into that account each month. And that was my wages paid directly there. I have also provided them with 6 months payslips and 10 year P60s. plus many other supporting document.

You should have provided 6 months banks statements as that will give a good indication of what income you have coming in and going out.

You should have only provided 3 month wage slips and last years P60

i hope my wife application is not refused.

You better keep your fingers crossed and hope the ECO looking at t your case got out on the right side of bed that morning.

Have a read of my articleon page 217 of this post for further guidance

any advice on this matter is kindly appreciated.

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:47 pm

navalaviator wrote:Gentlemen it’s a bit off the topic but still has some thing to do with the quality and authenticity of information from a certain member here on this forum.He appears now and then with different user names(previously known as UK_Banned_Member and LYNNUK) on this forum and misinform the people. :x

@Niky1234

Well listen mate whats your problem why the hell on the earth you are confusing the people here on this forum ,mate why you are messing around here on this forum with such irrelevant & incorrect info ???and i am 100% sure that there is NO such requirement or obligation to translate the applicant's pak urdu ID card allright,when the application is submitted only two photocopies of ID card are used by the gerry's staff which they attach one with the original vaf4a form and the other one is attached with the photocopy set of the form at the very front page of these forms ok do u get me now. :x
The reference you have posted above is for those documents which are generally in urdu in pak so applicants are obliged to get them translated and certified before handing them e.g.Nikkah namas,property docs,other affidavits in urdu and similar documents etc.(ID cards dont come in this frame)
Well weirdo or rather more appropriately(troll) do you think that people here on this forum are bunch of fools,nerds or wha? :roll: :x :x

well i asume you are one of those bandits who hang around the VACS & misguide the people quite similarly as you give out false info here on this forum :? :roll: :shock: (Are you one of those are,nt you well i assume so lolzzzz).
And people could easily identify your posts out of thousand probs of post and I think you would love to know why that’s just coz of your pathetic and horrendous(Now search google for meanings lolzz) english grammar. :lol:
Please keep your knowledge to yourself and DO NOT misguide or mislead people with trash.

Uncle Batley khan is a professional and a very respectable gentleman and I respect him from the very depth of my heart 8) :P 8)
I said a simple thing.Thats is if you get your id card translated then fine although it is not a mandatory.

This was a simple thing but you made it controversial.

According to Gerry web site anything which is not in English must be translated into English.

No control yourself and dont behave rude.I dont like rude people.

If you want to disagree then disagree with logic and respect.

Nicky

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm

batleykhan wrote:
zmk2 wrote:Batleykhan,

what does the landlord have to write in the letter , I am going to write it and get it signed, help me out,
Pm me with your mobile phone number and I will contact you to have a look at your file and document over a curry somewhere in Bradford one evening.

It will be easier for me to do that, then answer every single question of yours on the forum. :D :lol: :roll:
But khan bhai this is a crime.
You are not supposed to give people immigration advice and check their file.

This is a criminal conviction under uk laws.

So be careful.

This can be used against you easily.

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 pm

my wife applied for her settlement application in Islamabad on 16.03.2010. in her application we only put 3 wedding pictures. (one when changing wedding rings, one when cutting the cake and one a group family picture). I have heard from others that 3 pictures are not enough. is this true?
You need lot of proofs that your marriage is genuine and subsisting.

These are not sufficient proofs so let pray for best.
also it is said that we should have provided copies of our email. I am surprised because no one should ask other people's private messages specially between husband and wife.
Eco is not intersted whatv you have written in emails but he is only intersted that you are contacting each other.
finally we have only provided two bank statements not three and the end balance is only £30 each time, however the statements shows that at least £2000 was paid into that account each month. And that was my wages paid directly there. I have also provided them with 6 months payslips and 10 year P60s. plus many other supporting document.

£30 ending balance is a very negative thing..
You should have some reasonable balance to make your case strong.Anyway £2000 is a good amount.
i hope my wife application is not refused.
Good luck...I am not a happy man with these detail.

But always hope for best.

Nicky

rihanna
Newly Registered

Post by rihanna » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks Batley Khan for reply. Couldn't get to a computer till now.

My brother doesn't want to go to solicitor because we currently don't have much evidence to provide especially in regards to proving marriage "subsisting". We only have phone bills in my dad's name and some engagement photos. They never wrote any letters to each other and my brother never kept greeting cards.

In view of this do you think it is best for him to reapply when he has proof or to appeal? I don't think his chances are good but don't want to upset the couple.

AhmadZia
Newly Registered

Post by AhmadZia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:44 pm

thank you guys for your comments.

i will hope and pray it is accepted, if allah wishes her to be with me then nothing can stop it.

i will keep all posted with the outcome.

you guys are great for providing valuable info.

thanks

Addict
Newly Registered

The Visa application centre application process

Post by Addict » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Hello Guys!

I probably going to ask a few very basic questions and would appreciate if anyone of you gurus out there who have been through the spouse visa process could please shed some light on these according visa application centre in Karachi:
  • 1- Is sponsor allowed to go in the visa application centre with the applicant?
    2- Do they go through every section of the form to verify it against the documents?
    3- Do they rearrange the documents? or Do they keep them the way they are organised by the applicant?
    4- After processing the visa, do they return the original documents and the true copies of the originals when the originals are not provided?
I would be grateful for any help!

Regards.

Addict.

Addict
Newly Registered

Post by Addict » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Nicky,

Many thanks for your swift response.

I understand due to security reasons sponsors aren't allowed in with applicants but what do you mean by special permission? and from where do we get it from?

Do they return True copies as well (such as True English translation of marriage certificate) when visa is decided?

Regards,

Addict.

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:27 pm

I understand due to security reasons sponsors aren't allowed in with applicants but what do you mean by special permission? and from where do we get it from?
There is no plus point if sponsor is with applicant.If applicant is disable then you can ask to go with him to submit documents.
Do they return True copies as well (such as True English translation of marriage certificate) when visa is decided?
Yes

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 pm

rihanna wrote:Thanks Batley Khan for reply. Couldn't get to a computer till now.

My brother doesn't want to go to solicitor because we currently don't have much evidence to provide especially in regards to proving marriage "subsisting". We only have phone bills in my dad's name and some engagement photos. They never wrote any letters to each other and my brother never kept greeting cards.

In view of this do you think it is best for him to reapply when he has proof or to appeal? I don't think his chances are good but don't want to upset the couple.
You have a number of options

1. To reapply with a fresh application after you have got sufficient documents espicially on teh points you were refused. This means you have to collate all docs again and pay the 89000Rs fees again.

2. To appeal against the notice and hope that the decision is overturned.Its not going to cost you anything to appeal but may need to pay a solicitor to represent him

3. To do both above at the same time and hope that one is succesful.

However reember you have 28 days from teh day the notice was served on you to appeal otherwise you would have no option but to do no 1.

What exactly os the wording on the refusal notice by the way?.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Asalaam alakium,

I can confirm what BK has stated - there is no need to translate the Pakistani ID card. My wife took photo copies of her Urdu card with her but we never had it translated.

I havn't posted in a while but it seems there 1 or 2 individuals giving out very ropey advice. As a general rule do not explicitly "trust" everything you read here (no disrespect to the knowledgable individuals)

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Addict wrote:Nicky,

Regards,

Addict.
There is NO special permission - You cannot go in.

Your only really benifit is in the VAF4 where is asks where your sponsor/spouse currently is (I can't remember the wording). In that you state you are together and if possible provide proof.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:17 pm

nicky1234 wrote:
amr2010 wrote:
Addict wrote:Nicky,

Regards,

Addict.
There is NO special permission - You cannot go in.

Your only really benifit is in the VAF4 where is asks where your sponsor/spouse currently is (I can't remember the wording). In that you state you are together and if possible provide proof.
There is for special people.

Update your knowledge.
Define special

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 am

Quick question regarding the sponsorship letter/declaration, does that need to be attested by a solicitor?

I'm going to be submitting the application form and a letter from me stating my awareness, approval and support blah blah, (no SU07/01 form) just wondering if the letter needed a legal scribble on it :wink:

Edit: Do I, as the sponsor, need to get anything else attested apart from every page from my entire passport, e.g. letter from parents stating permission to live with them.

I should probably stop thinking and go to sleep now :lol: (was waiting for Fajr)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 am

kaidee wrote:Quick question regarding the sponsorship letter/declaration, does that need to be attested by a solicitor?

I'm going to be submitting the application form and a letter from me stating my awareness, approval and support blah blah, (no SU07/01 form) just wondering if the letter needed a legal scribble on it :wink:

You do not send the SU07/01 Form. It is not a requirement. This form is only isued by the ECO to those sponsors whom they doubt can take the undertaking to support , maintian and accomodate their spouses on arrival into the UK. The ECO therefore asks you to complete this form.

All you need is a letter of support, awareness and approval of the applicant, detailing how, when and where you met, how you got married to eacjh other, how and where you intend to reside and how you intend to support your spouse.

Yo will then need a sponsorship declaration like the one in this example
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51723

You do not need to get either of these docs signed by a solicitor. It is not required (unless you want to throw money away to a solicitor)

Edit: Do I, as the sponsor, need to get anything else attested apart from every page from my entire passport, e.g. letter from parents stating permission to live with them.

No you dont need to get anything else attested as everything else should be original ( except title deeds of teh property which are always copies anyway)
I should probably stop thinking and go to sleep now :lol: (was waiting for Fajr)

zs786

Post by zs786 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am

Suhaib 786 wrote:Batley Saab & freindz after COMPLETE 7 weeks today after having applyed for a settlmnt application4 wife and numourous emailz - i got a reply to an email i sent ukhub last week enquiring on her application. just got a repli now:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in the UK Visa Section and you should hear from the VAC regarding the collection of your decision shortly.

Please do not contact Gerry’s directly about this as they will contact you when they have received your paperwork. You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at:

www.ukvacpk.com.

What do u reakon-sum news soon?????[/b]
shuaib786, inshallah it will be positive news when your mrs hears from Gerry's. Id expect it to take a little longer then usual as the flights from the UK have only just started so id assume the courier delivery from the Uk to Pakistan will probably be delayed. If you email the VAC you applied from with your reference number they will be able to tell you if your application has been received by them. They are pretty good at responding to emails and you will get a response in 24 hrs (For the Mirpur VAC anyway!)

Could you please provide the email address you used from which you got a response? Also what details did you include on your email for them to locate your application, i.e. apart from the application reference that is used to track online did you provide anything other details?

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:08 am

Anyone manage to get their passport stamped and collected? Almost 6 weeks now and no email response from any of the four email addresses ive tried!

rihanna
Newly Registered

settlement appeal

Post by rihanna » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:11 am

Batley Khan I have PM'd this information to u. Basically the documents we originally provided were:

1) Copies of sponsor passport
2) Employer letter
3) 6 month bank statements
4) 6 month wage slips
5) Dad's mortgage statement
6) Letter from father
7) Property inspection report
8) Nikahnama (with translation)
9) Wedding photos
10) Phone cards

Obviously we weren't as thorough as we thought. Sorry to keep repeating same questions but what is your opinion?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:26 am

Rihana

See your pm box for response

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 am

anelka wrote:Anyone manage to get their passport stamped and collected? Almost 6 weeks now and no email response from any of the four email addresses ive tried!
Right il clear it up sorry f late replies - iv managed 2 get a repli & every1'z chasing me lolz!! - i knw frustrating it is :x

iv sprayed like 5 emails since iv submitting case. Onli use the VAC address u applied 2 to chek if case returnd as i did get a rapid responz as outlind by zs786 (i applyd islamabad)

the address i enquird to is (drum rollz plezzzzzz) :

UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Details: My name / My DOB / Date Application Submitted / Application Ref No
Wife's Name / Her DOB

workz a magic - ok i maild em in week 4 i got automatd respnse
:? - maild em again in week 5 -NO REPLI :( / then mailed em again in week 6 & was guna email again ystrdy (Which is week 7) but lukali whn i open inbox they hade emaild me tht. i think in jan - late feb applicationz wer flying out# now things genuinli have delayd.

p.s. sorry deemi 4 l8 repli bro#

As Dr Naik would say - 'hope that answers your question'
Last edited by Suhaib 786 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks Suhaib!

Any news on when your Mrs is picking up her passport??

Inshallah it will be good news!
Done waiting!!!!

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:45 am

deemi wrote:Thanks Suhaib!

Any news on when your Mrs is picking up her passport??

Inshallah it will be good news!
Inshallah yaar make dua - iv chekd ukvacpk traker nothng yet= iv said2 her if u do get a call dnt tell me, naturalli its like killer mode until she'l pik it up. if its refusd i said txt me - if itz acceptd call me (im sure u undrstand why :?

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am

Just an note for all brothers and sisters. I hade a thought not so long ago & i thought id share that with this room/ this is my opinion only, i respect people do have their diffrences of opnion:

mashallah i did alot of leg work in preparing my wifes settlemnt application & tryed my level best 2 make sure ther was no crak in the documents or application because as a man when you take on the responsiblity to marry, you have instantly taken someone'z daughter/sister etc, therefore you should fulfill and complete that obligation effciently and thorougly. Visa application being 1 of many = people did make fun of me that im over paronoid or whatever - fact of the matter is that we should atleast even have the acknowledgment to fulfill this role. Na-owzo-billah if it is refused i can sit back & say i gave it my level best but my yakeen in the Almighty is solid & he has all knowledge i have none, his knowledge is the most superior & all hikmah (wisdome is from him), ALL goodness is from Allah, ALL weakness r from within us , may Allah gave us the tawfeeq & guidance to rectify those weaknesses

We must put our trust in Allah. we must have trust in His concern for
us, and His ability to help us. Allah says: "Put your trust in
Allah, for Allah loves those who put their trust in
Him"[s.3;v.159]

Once the wife arrives we must repect, love & cherish them & inshallah vice versa they will too. Take difficult moments with patience, no doubt they have weaknesses as we do also, we to are not perfect, but DO NOT EVER FOCUS on their weakness too much (unless its a haram weakness obviously),

'"if you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike a thing, and Allah
brings about through it a great deal of good"[s.4;v.19]

we a trialed through good & bad times ,

(15. As for man, when his Lord tries him by giving him honor and bounties, then he says: "My Lord has honored me.'') (16. But when He tries him by straitening his means of life, he says: "My Lord has humiliated me!'') (17. But no! But you treat not the orphans with kindness and generosity!) (18. And urge not one another on the feeding of the Miskin!) (19. And you devour the Turath -- devouring with greed.) (20. And you love wealth with love Jamma (accumalation).) "

[surah 89]

The main thought i have is that look at how much fikr we prepare the cases, then with the anxioty we wait for the reply of our efforts, i thought on the day of judgement we will be accountable for each & every thing we hade done and said - with how much concern do we conduct our daily lives??? How strong is our conciousness or awareness of us being accountable for our actions???
I am waiting for a result from the VAC now & naturalli there is anxiouty, how will i be on the day of judgment when i will be waiting for my reslut of my actions in the world (Duniya)???

Scares me honestli, & inshallah we must implemnt that fear in to action before its tooo late!!

'(21. Nay! When the earth is flatened, Dakkan Dakka.) (22. And your Lord comes with the angels in rows.) (23. And Hell will be brought near that Day. On that Day will man remember, but how will that remembrance avail him) (24. He will say: "Alas! Would that I had sent forth for my life!'') (25. So on that Day none will punish as He will punish.) (26. And none will bind as He will bind.) (27. "O tranquil soul!'') (28. "Come back to your Lord, -- well-pleased and well-pleasing!'') (29. "Enter then among My servants,'') (30. "And enter My Paradise!'')

[Surah 89]

slightly off tangent from the foruum, but just a reminder for me mostly & inshallah & others also#

Best thing to do brothers & sisters is to make SINCERE du'a as its weight is VERY heavy & have FULL trust in what the Almighty does#

"When my servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to
them): I respond to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls
on Me: let them also, with a will, listen to my call, and
believe in Me: that they may walk in the right
way"[al-Baqarah,v.186].

Jazakullah for reading#

[SOURCES: http://www.jannah.org/sisters/wifee.html

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=145 ]

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:39 am

salam members

im in pak and well submit application very soon. 1 q-do u need to submit applicant birth certificate?

elec is very unstable here and im sweating away in this internet cafe so keeping this short

thanks

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 am

hi guys, NEED help URGENT!!!!

My wife's Name in here passport is spelt wrong, How can we correct this, I need to sort this out b4 applying