ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am

Does any one know that weather the treasury tags are accepted at islamabad VAC was just thinking to use them to keep my docs togather :?

Thanks
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 am

zmk2 wrote:hi guys, NEED help URGENT!!!!

My wife's Name in here passport is spelt wrong, How can we correct this, I need to sort this out b4 applying
Well mate you better get it sorted out as quickly as possible as i assume it would definitely take some time as at the moment the passport issuing service in pak is horrendous and people ask for lots of money to sort out anything regarding passports in pak. :x
Uncle Batley khan would shed some light on how to get it done in pak 8)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:10 pm

zmk2 wrote:hi guys, NEED help URGENT!!!!

My wife's Name in here passport is spelt wrong, How can we correct this, I need to sort this out b4 applying
Depends how it is spelt.

My wifes name in her passport was spelt Haseenah, and I spelt it Hasina. If its something like this, then it doesnt really matter..

What is your wifes name and how have they spelt it?
Last edited by batleykhan on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Suhaib

Thankyou for your nice words and extracts of hadeeth and Quranic verses on how we should conduct our way of life and with our loved one.

Someone once said to me, you will end up with whom Allah has chosen for you. So whoever you end up. love them , honour them and cherrish them for who they are. There will be plenty of bad times in the first two - three years, but once you are passed these you should be ok

Remember for a wife, she will leave her family and her home to settle thousand of miles away with you and your family.Women are soft hearted, so bear and be patient with them.

There is a famous saying that behind every succesful man lies a good wife.

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Why have these boards turned into some sort of slanging match?

We are meant to be helping each other so maybe everyone should just calm down and stop acting like children.

Everyone knows the advice here is not 100% but I think if u follow batleykhans reccomendations u can't go too wrong. The guy is a legend.

Anyone elses advice I would take with a pinch a salt and do some more research.
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 am

deemi wrote:Why have these boards turned into some sort of slanging match?

We are meant to be helping each other so maybe everyone should just calm down and stop acting like children.

Everyone knows the advice here is not 100% but I think if u follow batleykhans reccomendations u can't go too wrong. The guy is a legend.

Anyone elses advice I would take with a pinch a salt and do some more research.
Certain members comments have been deleted from here because they were inappropiate. Others were banned for using very vile messages towards other members.

This forum is for immigration purposes and not like you said a site where people can sling mud at each other.

The Likes of UK_Banned_Member/LynnUK/nicky1234/aliwan/alipak ( who all are the same person by the way operating somewhere in Pakistan) has caused immense anger amongst members because of the incorrect advice he is giving, and those who point this out to him or disagree with his comments usually ends up recieving very vulgar messages about ones mother and sisters.

It is for this reason he has been banned, but I have no doubt he will be back using a diiferent name and IP address. I hope he reads this and common sense prevails and he stops it and begin to contribute something positive and worthwhile.
:x

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:21 am

Navilator - i used large paper clips / i hade about 7 sections and therefore 7 large paper clips for each one & managed to get a final one over the whole application.

i pretty sure my cousin or some1 i came across applyd like that in islamabad & his got accptd & furthur returnd bak 2 him in the same condition & order. My reasoning is that my solisitor'z mate was an eco manager & he said they like to have documents side by side and like 2 cross refrnce (ie. wage slips against bank statemnts to match dates paid in & amounts also)...

on the other hand iv herd peopl send stuf but odd documnt wud get lost so i suppose the tresury tagz wud prevnt tht - my own biased opnion is that using papr clips is just a little user friendlier. its like an exam-u want 2 do as much as u can 2 get him on ur side-if thers a well documentd application with al requirmntz-everything is clear - PRECISE YET CONSISE/ an index / on each part of the 7 section's i also attached a front cover which just read, 'ie. Section 3- [under that i would list what documnts r in this section, eg bank statment / wage slips / employmnt lettr.]. this way he will know what to expect rather than flicking bak to index... i know its smal & petty but sumtimes its those small thngz that may go that long way

FLIP side he may think -'damn thers so much bludy paper in here... & potentially annoy him.

Kismat at the end of the day# i sound silly about talking about the ECO'z psychology.
YES i am a supporter that an application shud be based on itz creditz & meritz rather the mood of ECO/ but as im sure ur all aware that isn't the case & the immigartion is a little floord - ther hav been fraud cases flying through yet absloutli crisp solid cases rejectd on daft reasons.

ie. There was a case i came across-nika nama groom & bride signed nika nama in diffrnt colourd ink, -Case was solid though=outcome was it was rejected on the basis that ECO didn't believe that the marriage was legitamate on that basis of diffrent ink-so obviously they wernt together at the time of signing.
another case was - obviousli in our culture rukhsati dificult time / bride leaves her home&naturalli thers water-workz! The sponser atachd that photo 2 :? -result =refused as ECO believed mariage was foursed-although they r a perfectli happy couple lolz

My advise and golden rules to remebr:

1.Ensure all your information in the VAF4a form and between all documentation - everything corresponds with each other# SPELLINGS/ALL FIGURES AMOUNTS ETC
(spellings etc)
my friends cousin got rejectd some years bak as his wife on nika nama was named Samera - & on the paasport it was Samerah' - ECO believed these wer 2 difrnt identitys- REFUSED! [p.s. I under estimated they value of Nika Nama But the ECO's r WELL heavy on it - reason is simple - its a Legal document - 1 which would quite clearly hold up in a court of Law- so important to get that spot on :) ]

2.Be open and honest - where something may look a little odd or cud cause ECO 2 scratch his head attach a covering letter with explanation - ie. on itemised bill calls that lasted less than a minute wher becase i used to call her & get wife to call me back as its cheaper from pakistan calling cards.
BEAWARE- dnt waffle on 2 much in covering letter'z & keep it RIGHT to the point- other wise it cud open another can of wormz! :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Suhaib 786 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:26 am

letz plz not waste pages in here on bantr & crap - im sure there r many peopl that use these pagz for research & information an if ther trowlin through non-sense aint gud huh.

To the individual who is potentialli currupting information, 'Allah knows his intention- but if u r giving random info out with 4 no reason - brother be warned Allah almighty is watching & YOU MAY HAVE TO STAND ON DAY OF JUDGEMENT AND BE ACCOUNTABLE# Allah is the most great - he can punish in akhirah BUT also in this dunya as well... fear Allah & the final hour!!

I make du'a may u be protectd from that - make tawbah & Almighty is most forgiving.

Man thers not enuff time in this world 4 loving - where do pepz get time 4 hating :cry: ???

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 am

Hey Guys,

My husband submitted his passport for the visa after ECO overturned the decision. I am really tensed these days, my husband needs to travel asap due to some situation here in uk. I have been emailing UK HUB regarding this and they emailed me back a week ago saying that they can confirm that they have issued the visa and we should hear from the VAC shortly, since then I have been contacting Mirpur VAC and they are saying that the passport is still with UKBA. Any idea, whats going on and how long its gona take. Appreciate your response and help!

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Salaam all

Suhaib have u heard anything yet??

And just a quick one to ask does anyone else hate and resent the words "application forwarded to Islamabad oc on". I never thought I would have such strong feelings about random words!!

Anyway rant over

wa salaam
Done waiting!!!!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks for the detailed info suhaib i really appreciate your effort. :)

Actually am myself in favour of using the paper clips and had suggested here on this thread like few weeks back but there were mix responses from different people regarding the use of paper clips vs treasury tags so was a bit confused weather to use treasury tags or paper clips as some times treasury tags are accepted on some VACS but some times not and on the contrary paper clips are widely accepted in all VACS so i have concluded after giving a long thinking to this myth(lol) of paper clips or treasury tags i have ended up using the clips as you have used to put your docs togather.
Am also thinking to include the index of all the docs included in my application and covering letters stapled with all such group of documents where i think they need some elaboration or rather simple explanation :)
1.Ensure all your information in the VAF4a form and between all documentation - everything corresponds with each other# SPELLINGS/ALL FIGURES AMOUNTS ETC (spellings etc)
splendid advice mate once again thanks. :D

Uncle batley khan who would you vote for in the upcoming 6th may runoff? 8)

zs786

Post by zs786 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:55 pm

sabeen wrote:Hey Guys,

My husband submitted his passport for the visa after ECO overturned the decision. I am really tensed these days, my husband needs to travel asap due to some situation here in uk. I have been emailing UK HUB regarding this and they emailed me back a week ago saying that they can confirm that they have issued the visa and we should hear from the VAC shortly, since then I have been contacting Mirpur VAC and they are saying that the passport is still with UKBA. Any idea, whats going on and how long its gona take. Appreciate your response and help!
things are being delayed due to the recent Airport closures in the U.K. Not sure how long it will take but there are delays in applications going to and from the UK to Pakistan

21 April 2010: Possible delivery delays to settlement visa applications. Although The UK Airspace has now been opened for commercial traffic, there may be some delays in the delivery of settlement visa applications to the UK Border Agency as flights are still subject to delays or cancellations. This is due to backlogs of passengers and shipment caused by the recent flight disruptions. We are currently aiming to ensure the impact on customers is minimal and to resume a normal service as soon as possible if there are no further flight disruptions. Please continue to monitor this website for any changes. We apologise for the inconvenience.

http://www.ukvacpk.com/

kay1727
Newly Registered

Visa Refused

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Sorry I posted in the wrong section

Salam everyone,

I came across this forum a few days ago. You guys are doing an amazing job helping people out through such a stressful process. Inshallah everyone will hear some good news soon.

My wife and I submitted her application for entry clearance on 23/02/2010 which was refused on 11/03/2010 for a very impractical reason.

The following is from the refusal notice:

Your sponsor began his employment as a self-employed Chauffeur in September 2009. You have provided an accountants letter in support of this, but no other verifiable documentation. The accountants’ letter states that “Mr K. made an average monthly net profit before taxation of £….â€

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Kay 127

Did you appeal against the refusal notice by completing teh AIT2 form and sending the Refusal notice with it along with the documents you outlined above?

Or did your solicitor simply write a letter and attached the above documents?.

This is very important because if you did the second and not the first one, then teh ECM ( Entry Clearance Manager) who will be doing teh reviewing decides not to overturn the decision, then I am afraid you have got problems because by that time, your appeal time limit ( 28 days from day you were handed the notice of refusal) will have almost certainly have expired, therefore you would not be able to go through appeal procedure and unfortunetely will have to make fresh application and pay fees all over again.

So in your interest I hope you did 1st option.

If you did that then the ECM will review the refusal in light of what you have said and sent. I am always concerned about taxi driver sponsors because they very rarely submitt teh full truth of what they earn and what they declare to their accountants and the Tax Office.

I dont know what your accountant has stated on teh letter as your earnings, but he cant be much of an accountant if he doesnt put his signature on teh accounts that he has done for such a vital document.

Did you get a letter from your employers or taxi base and did they put down how much you earned and does that tally up with what accountants say?.

Are you a taxi driver or a private hire driver or a chauffer?. Normally I would suggest that any self employed person should always sent 2-3 yrs account as well as conformation letter from HMRC confirming how much tax etc you have paid. It is more likely to believed by the ECO.

The documents you sent should have been sent with earlier application, as in appeal procedure you are not allowed to add extra documents.

The length of time it takes for the ECM to review cases could be anything from 4 weeks to 3 months depending on how busy they are. If you have not heard by teh end of 3 months, then it most likely that the ECM is sticking with the original decision, and therefore it is likely to go to a full appeal hearing.

In your case that this why I ask what I asked above. If you didnt complete AIT2, then you cant appeal to a appeal court because you didnt complete the form and instead just wrote a letter.

Does this answer your question?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 pm

batleykhan wrote:
kaidee wrote:Quick question regarding the sponsorship letter/declaration, does that need to be attested by a solicitor?

I'm going to be submitting the application form and a letter from me stating my awareness, approval and support blah blah, (no SU07/01 form) just wondering if the letter needed a legal scribble on it :wink:

You do not send the SU07/01 Form. It is not a requirement. This form is only isued by the ECO to those sponsors whom they doubt can take the undertaking to support , maintian and accomodate their spouses on arrival into the UK. The ECO therefore asks you to complete this form.

All you need is a letter of support, awareness and approval of the applicant, detailing how, when and where you met, how you got married to eacjh other, how and where you intend to reside and how you intend to support your spouse.

Yo will then need a sponsorship declaration like the one in this example
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51723

You do not need to get either of these docs signed by a solicitor. It is not required (unless you want to throw money away to a solicitor)

Edit: Do I, as the sponsor, need to get anything else attested apart from every page from my entire passport, e.g. letter from parents stating permission to live with them.

No you dont need to get anything else attested as everything else should be original ( except title deeds of teh property which are always copies anyway)
I should probably stop thinking and go to sleep now :lol: (was waiting for Fajr)
Jazakallahu khair for your answer. Fortunately I don't have to pay for solicitor stamps etc... :P but it would still be another thing to add on to the list so I'm happy it's not required!

Another query, my wife's phone isn't on her name (she only got an ID card made recently). I've got an itemised billing list for it (long live Ufone) which shows calls/texts to me and my landline. However since it's not in her name I'm unsure whether or not to submit it.

I've got 2 options:
a) Submit it with an oath attested covering letter from her relative who bought the SIM stating that she is the sole user and he has nothing to do with it and potentially open up a can of worms, big long wriggly ones...
b) Not submit it and rely on my lists - which are to the same number, and effectively eliminate proof of her contacting me.

A tad pertubed by this, should have seen it coming really but that's hindsight for you, what would you do gentlemen? (and ladies) :cry:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Another query, my wife's phone isn't on her name (she only got an ID card made recently). I've got an itemised billing list for it (long live Ufone) which shows calls/texts to me and my landline. However since it's not in her name I'm unsure whether or not to submit it.

I've got 2 options:
a) Submit it with an oath attested covering letter from her relative who bought the SIM stating that she is the sole user and he has nothing to do with it and potentially open up a can of worms, big long wriggly ones...
b) Not submit it and rely on my lists - which are to the same number, and effectively eliminate proof of her contacting me.
If on your wifes application you have given your number ( eg 1234 67890) and that of your wife as (09876 54321) all you then need is phone calls to these two numbers. The ECO does not have time to check who the phone is registered to. That is all yoiu need,otherwise you are just making extra work for yourself

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 pm

My wife picked up her passport on monday.She goes there was no expiry date on the visa but was told to travel asap. I managed to book a seat for 2nd may. theres a 2 year date on the passport which im assuming is the date of her stay.

how come theres no date on the visa? i have relatives scaring me now saying that its normally a 28 day visa and my 28 days have expired.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Jameel your wife will have been issued with a 27 months visa.

She has 3 months from the start of the visa to get to UK ,so she can complete 24 months in the UK to qualify for ILR, which is the next stage of procedure for getting a permanat visa to stay in the UK

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 pm

batleykhan wrote:
If on your wifes application you have given your number ( eg 1234 67890) and that of your wife as (09876 54321) all you then need is phone calls to these two numbers. The ECO does not have time to check who the phone is registered to. That is all yoiu need,otherwise you are just making extra work for yourself
Thank you for your reply brother, appreciated.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:53 pm

hi guys,(Batleykhan) How do we have to present the application. I have put each document into a punch pocket and labelled it clearly, Can any1 tell me do i need a index page at the front. Also can I use colour divders.

What documents will u have to take with u for a medical test.
Can someone explain the procedure please;

Also My wife's has a thumb print on her NIC card and Passport, So if she signs the application form will that be a problem.

Do we have to submit copy of Wedding photos, Or original are enough.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Last edited by zmk2 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:20 pm

hello people, i have looked through the forum but i cant actually find an answer to me question. The thing is my wife's signature on the naka nama and id card are different. Well her signature is basically writing her full name, the difference is that on the naka nama its in joined up writing while on the id card its not. Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?

Also i have not made her passport as i will apply in august so will make it in may, so on the passport is it better to have the signature same as the naka nama or the id card?

Any advice will be helpful. Bately khan i see that you know your stuff so wot wud u suggest.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 pm

zmk2 wrote:hi guys, How do we have to present the application. I have put each document into a punch pocket and labelled it clearly, Can any1 tell me do i need a index page at the front. Also can I use colour divders.

What documents will u have to take with u for a medical test.
Can someone explain the procedure please;

Do we have to submit copy of Wedding photos, Or original are enough.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
I don't know if they take the papers off you whilst still in the pockets or remove them. I'm going to be paperclipping everything anyway just in case. I'd have thought an index would be great. I'm thinking of submitting an overall contents page, an itemised page for each section and then a covering page for each document. I may do without the covering page for each document and just number each bit on the itemised section page and make sure I number the documents too. But I'll probably do a covering page for each thing :lol:

I'm going to scan the original photos that I am submitting and then print them off, that should be enough for the copies they require I hope. I will also photocopy 1 sheet just to see what it looks like. In fact, I may actually scan my whole submission and save it that way. If successful then I can sell it as a template :P

If iirc, all my wife took was some money and her ID card for her TB test.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:48 pm

I don't know if they take the papers off you whilst still in the pockets or remove them
The gerry,s staff will remove all of your docs from all such plastic folders ,wallets or whatever and they will put all of your docs in their own white envelope which is labeled with various sort of tracking numbers etc by the staff at the VAC so just make sure that the applicant must posses all of the relevant documentation which has to be submitted.If you have presented your application in a file/document holder etc THEY WILL remove all the papers. You are best to secure all the papers together in a single folder.

Applicant must carry NADRA ID card with two photocopies and obviously the passport and just dont forget to carry your TB test certificate. :D

classified though(lol)
(when i had submitted my application for fiance' visa last year i had forgotten to take my TB test on the appointment with gerry so had to rebook every thing which had resulted in delay of a week :oops: some time i do give it a thought of just under 2mins(lolzz) :x and i laugh at my blunder which i did so make sure you dont commit such an act of negligence :( )

And now to keep your docs in place i have trawled through 180 pages of this thread and just thought to recommend the paper clips thing instead of tags as most of the people commonly used clips instead of tags when handing in their applications but it all depends whatever you use just make sure that every thing has been put togather appropritely just to get rid of after thoughts of weather some thing was included or missed out of the application. (Most VACS are reluctant to accept treasury tags :wink: )

It would be quite helpfull for the ECO if an A4 sheet with documents index has been included in the application as it would be quite easier for the ECO to keep track of what proof has been inluded as in most of the cases i read here on this forum clearly stated that the ECO missed or neglected some particular evidence to look upon(which was even included in the application) which could have been vital for the favourable decision for the applicant.This situation is likely to arise coz of the bundle of docs included in the application. 8)

I'm going to be paperclipping everything anyway just in case. I'd have thought an index would be great. I'm thinking of submitting an overall contents page, an itemised page for each section and then a covering page for each document. I may do without the covering page for each document and just number each bit on the itemised section page and make sure I number the documents too. But I'll probably do a covering page for each thing
splendid!!just the way i suggested on the last page of the current thread keep it up mate :wink:

The staff WILL try and make you hurry and exit, don't listen to them.Tell your wife/husband to take their time - do not rush because they say so. They will not sympathise and don't really care that this is a life-changing issue. However if you stand your ground (be firm but polite) they will let you get on with it. :lol:

personal experienceWhen The last time i had submitted my docs the lady who checked my application just shoved my application in thier black bag causing lots of papers with their corners bended and twisted and further to this the whole sequence of the papers was changed and the sequence of papers i wanted the ECO to look at my docs was disturbed. :x :x :x so to avoid this dreadfull scenario do the above.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Earlier today it was all quite on the western front(Hollywood flick worth to spend couple of hours :D ) here on the forum :lol:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 pm

I would recommend reading the previous posts of this forum specially the spouse visa pakistan thread to all of those people who are in the process of making new applications or who are going to apply in the near future. :wink:

Batley khan is a LEGEND and a dedicated professional 8) here on this thread so always seek his kind and authentic advice so its another recommendation :D

All of those people weather sposors or applicants MUST read Batley Khan's Notorious guide about the spouse visa applications submitted in pak on page number 217 of this thread :P