ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:12 pm

kaidee wrote:You may have to be the first to post a review :wink: I'm going for it, it's only 3000PKR and if it means a smoother, cleaner experience then that will be worth it.
realli... bit xpensive for a cup of tea and ruskz if u ask me lolz#
i guess for most people they'll take it- any option than to be exposed to the poor structure of VAC'z
the rates we pay - u wuda thought this would be part of it- i guess itz another method to milk the so called, ' Pak Britz'

P.s. im looking for a bed now.. i realli wanted a nice low platform leather faux 1
instead - in true desi style iv had to get one which is as high as possible - in order to get as much luggage and stock as possible under the bed
lolz

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Just get a bunk bed :P

It is a little expensive for a cup of chai and biccies but if it means avoiding some of the unsavoury characters of Pakistan's vibrant and colourful society I'm in! :lol:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Batley khan please check your e-mail i have sent you my Query in email as i have just read under your signature that your PM is not working and i have been trying to send you PM for the last couple of days and was wondering that there is some thing wrong with my private message or with the website :oops:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Suhaib 786 whens the mrs flying over, has she managed to get a seat booked yet. Just wondering how the airlines from there were doing?

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:05 pm

The wait is driving me nuts, will be 7 weeks this wednesday :x

Anyone else in a similar boat at the moment, for all those who have currently applied and are waiting a response it would be nice to hear of any update, any emails they sent and received to the UKhub / gerries??? or just a simple update of how many weeks you have been waiting since applying

May Allah give us all pateince and strengh, ameen.

MohammedKhan2009

Hi

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Has anyone received there passport back after the ECO overturned the original decision,its been over 3 weeks since my mrs gave her passport in but we havent heard anything yet. Any1 have any idea how long they take??

Thanks

Mohammed

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:09 am

URGENT!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I am in a bit of a problem, need advice.

In the Application form VAF4A
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf4a

SECTION 4 : YOUR FAMILY

The problem is that they dont now the DOB of both parents as they expired.
contacted NADRA they say no DOB is on the system for both parents.
so what shall i do , i am going crazy.

I booked the appointment to submit and that cant be changed also.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 am

zmk2 wrote:URGENT!!!!!!!!

Just work out how old they are ( eg 50) then in the year just put down 1961- leave the day and month blank........I wouldnt worry to much about, as this is common in pakistan.... and they are certainly not going to check anything up on the inlaws :lol:

sabeen
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by sabeen » Tue May 04, 2010 11:20 am

MohammedKhan2009 wrote:Has anyone received there passport back after the ECO overturned the original decision,its been over 3 weeks since my mrs gave her passport in but we havent heard anything yet. Any1 have any idea how long they take??

Thanks

Mohammed
My husband received his passport last week with the visa stamp after ECO overturned the decision. UKBA took about 4 weeks to return it, which wasn't bad at all, i sent numerous emails to UK HUB and stated that he needs to travel asap. Received an email back from them saying that the visa has been issed and my husband should hear from VAC shortly and he did after 4 working days.
Be patient brother, you will get it soon inshallah!

MohammedKhan2009

Re: Hi

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks for your reply, hopefully we will get it back soon insha-allah.

sabeen wrote:
MohammedKhan2009 wrote:Has anyone received there passport back after the ECO overturned the original decision,its been over 3 weeks since my mrs gave her passport in but we havent heard anything yet. Any1 have any idea how long they take??

Thanks

Mohammed
My husband received his passport last week with the visa stamp after ECO overturned the decision. UKBA took about 4 weeks to return it, which wasn't bad at all, i sent numerous emails to UK HUB and stated that he needs to travel asap. Received an email back from them saying that the visa has been issed and my husband should hear from VAC shortly and he did after 4 working days.
Be patient brother, you will get it soon inshallah!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 pm

zmk2 wrote:URGENT!!!!!!!!

I had a similar thing, so put zeros in the day and month bit and mentioned it in the box at the end.

Can the submission appointment not be changed or cancelled? At all? Meaning is that something from their end or just your personal circumstances?

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

you cannot change appointments , they tell u when u book it . thanks alot Batleykhan and kaidee

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Salaam all

just a quick update for anyone else that is waiting! Emailed ukhub today and had a response in 5 minutes - saying that the application is being processed and a decision will be made within 12 weeks of application. Also they said not to contact them before that!

So basically a long wait still as it's only been 5 and a half weeks!!

Seems like they have been really busy in march and the fact that they haven't updated the stats on the uk border agency website to show processing times in march kinda proves it!
Done waiting!!!!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 pm

Hmmmm, sounds ominous. My submission is next week, back of the queue it is then :x

Well, my stuff just got picked up by the courier after having stressed about it for a few weeks. Hope it makes it to the motherland, in time. Now I'm going to be stressing about whether it is ok and have I missed anything out, put too much in, why the sky is blue and why I can't go to Narnia through my wardrobe.

Not to forget the following concerns:

Will my package get there?
Will it get there in time?
Will the papers that I need added to it get put in properly?
Will what needs photocopying get photocopied and inserted?
Will everything go ok at the submission?
How long before the ECO is finished with my application?
What is the outcome?

:?

Anybody know if they interview applicants at Gerrys when submitting? Any questions related to the application?

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Kaidee calm down!!

Once your papers are gone there is nothing u can do!!

And they don't interview at gerrys. They just make sure the application is completed and that all documents are present with photocopies. Nothing else!!

Which courier did u use? I used dhl and my paperwork was there within 2 days!! Worth the cost!!!

Anyway just take a breath and get ready for a real test of patience!!
Done waiting!!!!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Lol, trying to but it's hard, it's all I've been doing this last fortnight or so along with working. InshaAllah going to be a dad in September so that adds to my worrying. 'Alaa bi thikrillahi tatmainnul qulub' Indeed with the rememberance of Allah do hearts find tranquility. Surah Ar Ra'd.

Thanks for the info about Gerrys.

I used FedEx Priority, had 3kg including all photocopies (safer for me to do it, trust me!). Originally was using DHL but didn't have papers ready and collector wasn't hanging around so had to wait a few days for the rebooking due to bank holiday. Alhamdulillah, it actually worked in my favour though an extremely bitter experience. I later spotted a date typo on my financial documents and also managed to get an extra document drafted for projected income. Then when collector came yesterday I still had some bits to do so rescheduled it for today. Then he turns up an hour early today and I run out of black ink and had to reprint a letter due to having made an addition (important in my eyes) at 3.30am = aaarrghhh!

Cost me £44.08 via a friend's account.

Glad they're gone from me, now I can get back to the gym, have a night of doing nothing but watching some sport and eating Haagen Daz :D

Until they reach Pakistan that is lol, and I have to co-ordinate bits and bobs from 5000 miles away.

As for patience, well, I have to have the patience of an animal in that I can't change the situation (e.g. donkey used by a farmer), whereas the patience of a human being is that which applies to situations that you can affect but choose not to.

I'm hoping extra nawafil and some tahajjud will help me with a speedy and favourable outcome. Even if it doesn't I still won't have lost out so alhamdulillah.

In short, this stressing has actually been very good for me in regards to my deen. It's been a reminder and a reason to turn to Allah more.

I've also probably aged a year, lost a few thousand hairs and turned what's left white :lol:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 pm

zmk2 wrote:you cannot change appointments , they tell u when u book it . thanks alot Batleykhan and kaidee
Thanks. I'm booked for Monday I believe, hope they get there in time...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu May 06, 2010 12:32 am

For Gerrys, will normal photocopies of last page of passport and ID card suffice or do you have to have them legal beagled?

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 am

deemi wrote:Kaidee calm down!!

Once your papers are gone there is nothing u can do!!

And they don't interview at gerrys. They just make sure the application is completed and that all documents are present with photocopies. Nothing else!!

Which courier did u use? I used dhl and my paperwork was there within 2 days!! Worth the cost!!!

Anyway just take a breath and get ready for a real test of patience!!

demmi in regards to using dhl how does it work. Do you have to make an account with them or just call em. Do they come and pick the documents up them self? And i heard they got offices in pakistan were the documents go (so you can track it all the way) and then the person as to go to the office to collect em. Whats the price and the maximum time the delivery takes.

i know am goin a bit psyco with the questions lol am jst planin in advance, have waited one year finally my mrs turnin 21 in a couple months so i wana book all visa appointments in advance , i jst need ta make sure my documents get there in time

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu May 06, 2010 10:13 am

Salaam zeddy

Right I will try to answer your questions!

No account is needed - think it is a bit cheaper if u have one!
You can either ring them or do it over the net - net is meant to be cheaper but I found the difference to be very little!

Yes they come and collect the papers from your house and in Pakistan they will deliver to the door in major citys - I sent mine to Lahore. They give a timescale of three working days and u can basically track it from the minute it leaves your house till someone signs for it at the other end. It is a really detailed tracking system! Unlike the ukvac one! My papers were delivered in 2 working days.

It is relatively expensive - I think £90 odd for upto 3 kilos. However in my opinion worth it for peace of mind!!

Hope this helps!!

Wa salaam
Done waiting!!!!

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu May 06, 2010 11:09 am

deemi wrote:Salaam zeddy

Right I will try to answer your questions!

No account is needed - think it is a bit cheaper if u have one!
You can either ring them or do it over the net - net is meant to be cheaper but I found the difference to be very little!

Yes they come and collect the papers from your house and in Pakistan they will deliver to the door in major citys - I sent mine to Lahore. They give a timescale of three working days and u can basically track it from the minute it leaves your house till someone signs for it at the other end. It is a really detailed tracking system! Unlike the ukvac one! My papers were delivered in 2 working days.

It is relatively expensive - I think £90 odd for upto 3 kilos. However in my opinion worth it for peace of mind!!

Hope this helps!!

Wa salaam

Wa salam brother

thanks brother that was very helpful . Your right its like where we are spending thousands on the case we should not take risk on the most important part which are the documents. I would pay the cost of the postage anyday just to have peace of mind and be on the safe side.

Wel am planing to send the docs of on 2 august and am booking the appointment for 10 august to hand in the documents at mirpur vac. so i got around 6 working day for delivery of documents to pakistan , that should be more then enough time.

I know its still 3 months aways , but i already waited one year and finally the finishing line is in sight lol so i dont wana waste anytime

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Assalamu 'alaikum Zeddy

It is much much cheaper with an account. You will save £70 or so easily. I was being quoted £110 for DHL to Pakistan by DHL (I rang them). Through my friends account the same service was £34. I tried with FedEx direct and it was the same thing. I ended up sending 3kg via FedEx for £44.08 via an account with interparcel. It left yesterday at mid-day and currently is in Dubai as I type.

You are better off finding a friend with an account or going through this company www.interparcel.com and you will get similar rates without an account (difference of a few pounds). They're basically brokers for courier companies.

Personally, with hindsight, I'd have left 10 days between sending the docs and the appointment day, just so that any delays can be covered and if any last minute things needed doing then they can.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 pm

kaidee wrote:Assalamu 'alaikum Zeddy

It is much much cheaper with an account. You will save £70 or so easily. I was being quoted £110 for DHL to Pakistan by DHL (I rang them). Through my friends account the same service was £34. I tried with FedEx direct and it was the same thing. I ended up sending 3kg via FedEx for £44.08 via an account with interparcel. It left yesterday at mid-day and currently is in Dubai as I type.

You are better off finding a friend with an account or going through this company www.interparcel.com and you will get similar rates without an account (difference of a few pounds). They're basically brokers for courier companies.

Personally, with hindsight, I'd have left 10 days between sending the docs and the appointment day, just so that any delays can be covered and if any last minute things needed doing then they can.

w salam kaidee

thanks man, your right its much cheaper through that site its about £35 with dhl , this is good info.

yea i might do the same and leave 10 days in between just to be on the safe side, plus when it gets to pak they need to attach additional documents aswel. Am gona be telling my uncle in end of may to book the appointment for august as i have been told some times it could take a couple months to get the appointment.

Another thing , you know like you have to submit 2 sets of files, one original and then one copy of the originals for their records. Did photocopy your originals here in uk and send both files off or you geting the file photocopied in pakistan.

And good luck with your application inshallah everything will go good 4 u.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Jazakallahu khair for your kind words, may the like of it and better be for you too ameen.

I photocopied everything that I could here and sent it together with the originals. I had 5 sections with 1 treasury tag through each section to keep the section together and then 1 treasury tag through half of the total paperwork (keep all the sections together and in order) with another treasury tag towards the end of the first half which I joined through to the end of the second half so it all stays together. It meant punching 2 holes, 1 for the section treasury tag and 1 for the whole thing. I did the same for the copy.

Obviously anything that needs signing will have to be photocopied after it has been signed. I'm probably a control freak but I'd rather do as much of it myself as I can!

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:13 am

re-test login activation
Last edited by RHussain07 on Mon May 24, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.