ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 am

hi guys,

just wan to ask, does it make a difference if your wife's NADRA ID CARD is in ur name or her fathers name.

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 am

zmk2 wrote:hi guys,

just wan to ask, does it make a difference if your wife's NADRA ID CARD is in ur name or her fathers name.
yup it does make a difference, because you need a new passport for your wife which would suggest WIFE OF and NOT DAUGHTER OF.. and that can only be done once ID is changed - so bro yup quite important

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Fri May 07, 2010 9:44 am

RHussain07 wrote:salamz members,

hope your doing well....im still in Pak but have finally submitted the application mash Allah last week...i received alot of knowledge from my forum so i feel an onus on me to give this back

here are some things to note:

WIFE ID CARD
changing wife nadra id card to put my name on it took 8 days. plsopt for the urgent service...its 1000 rupee but worth it.

PASSPORT
passport took 5 days on urgent service. 4000 rupee

TB CENTRE APPT
once i got passport, i immediately rang tb centre as u need the passport numbr to book it...got thru after a couple of occassions and they gave me an appt 3 working days away....u need to deposit the fee in a bank account prior to the appt so make sure u book an appt bearing this in mind....for the isb tb centre, the fee has to be deposited at standard chartered bank located at jinnah supermarket.

GERRYS APPT
i managed to get appt immediately after the tb appt. once u make the appt, u cant change it until its expired. give urself time to do the tb test and deposit the 86,940 fee. u can pay at gerrys if u want at a cost of 200 rupee extra

TB TEST
firstly, the centre is an absolute s***hole. really suprised at location. garage on its left...tea cafe on its right...run down area. wife said inside was nice

tb test was straightforward...only wife allowed to go in tho...PLS NOTE: they issue the certificate 3/4hours after the test so make sure u factor this in and make use of the time. i was fuming as i had nowt to do!

VISA submission

the members who submitted at gerrys isb will agree, this location is another rubbish tip with agents flying about carrying typewriters.plenty of photocopy services available but pls photocopy ur original file BEFOREHAND to avoid stress on the day.

only wife was allowed to go in...she collected a token, waited for her turn...she wasnt offered the 200 sms alert service but she was sold it by default which annoyed me so pls give ur loved one's some cash when they go in.

total time took around 1hr 15mins....if possible, get a early morning time as later it gets busy. the staff dealing with our papers, removed the treasury tag and stapled my original file into 2 sections. the remaining docs in the original file were left loose and all of it was placed into a black bag...the copy file was placed on top of this black bag and the whole thing placed into another larger bag and that was it!! - i found the staple thing unusual becoz no-one on this forum mentioned it but insha ALLAH it should be fine.

thats about it from memory....i8'll stay online over the coming days so any questions can be answered.

there seem to be alot of simple questions being asked...all info is on the gerrys website on appts, numbers etc.

the settlement.pdf document on the gerrys website should not be used as a major guide...the officer didnt follow it when we submitted our case...for example, it says on there to provide a copy of the applicants biodata page of the passport...i did this but they returned it saying no need...(no its stuck on my contents page!!)

regards
thanks for the input - i applied for my wife visa about 3 weeks ago and waiting to hear from them - similar thing happened when she went for the submission - but the sms facility was optional not mandatory and also one more thing - my wife haven't received any update through sms regardless of paying the fee.. i think it's just another way of minting money - pathetic

billo

Post by billo » Fri May 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi RHussain07,
thanks for the info - inshallah you will have a successful outcome.
So the treasury tag thing is a bit of a hit and miss. I remember reading on this forum that some peoples files were accepted with treasury tags.
think we'll stick to paperclips, if they remove treasury tags.
good luck, bro :lol:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri May 07, 2010 5:50 pm

I emailed them at Mirpur and they said treasury tags are ok so maybe an idea for people to email whichever office they are going to. I'm going to print off a copy of the email and have that taken along just in case :P

deer727
Newly Registered

Non EEA FP Re Submite

Post by deer727 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi,
Every One I Need Some Advice I Hope I Will Get It .
My Case Is Non EEA FP I Was Get Marrige In Uk With Islmic Law My Marrige Is Not Rigisterd .
Then I Left Uk Volintry Coz I Was Illgel Abt 7 Years I Back To Pakistan Then I Aplly For NON EEA FP Then I Was Refues ,

UKBAA Refusel Is,

I have refused your EEA Family application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 This decision will not prejudice any future UK visa or EEA Family Permit application that you make.

You state that you have been living illegally in the UK since 2002 and that you have been living with your sponsor since. I note that you were married in a mosque in the UK, but you have provided no evidence that this marriage has been registered by the Imam. I am therefore not satisfied that the marriage you have contracted is valid under UK law.
I am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Regulation 2(1) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Regulation 2(1) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

Every Think Is Fine They Dont Have Any Objaction Just My Marrige Is Not Reconized

After Refusel I Call My Wife To Come Pakistan Than We Get Marrid In Pakistan My NiKha Nama Is Rigisterd With Union Council With Seal And Signatr With Translate In English Attest With MOFA And NADRA Marrige Certificate.Marrige PICS.
I Put My Refusel Latter As Well And Re Subimted In April .

Can Any One Have Idea How Many % Do I Have Chance To Get Visa.
And How Long Is Gonna Tack Time to Get Visa Last Time Im Waiting For Visa Abt 4 Month .

Thanks In Advance

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Fri May 07, 2010 8:01 pm

kaidee wrote:Jazakallahu khair for your kind words, may the like of it and better be for you too ameen.

I photocopied everything that I could here and sent it together with the originals. I had 5 sections with 1 treasury tag through each section to keep the section together and then 1 treasury tag through half of the total paperwork (keep all the sections together and in order) with another treasury tag towards the end of the first half which I joined through to the end of the second half so it all stays together. It meant punching 2 holes, 1 for the section treasury tag and 1 for the whole thing. I did the same for the copy.

Obviously anything that needs signing will have to be photocopied after it has been signed. I'm probably a control freak but I'd rather do as much of it myself as I can!

i totally understand what you mean , i keep thinking that wen my relatives in Pakistan open my file to attach additional document they will end up losing documents or messing the order of the documents. Even though i have not send my file yet am still stressing about that lol i wanted to go n sort everything my self but it works out to be too expensive that way.

Anyways any new on your documents, have they reached Pakistan ?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri May 07, 2010 10:53 pm

They're in the motherland now :P

May 5, 2010 11:48 AM Picked up AYLESBURY GB

May 5, 2010 4:30 PM Left FedEx origin facility AYLESBURY GB

May 5, 2010 10:11 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 5, 2010 10:21 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 5, 2010 10:33 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 6, 2010 11:15 AM Arrived at FedEx location PARIS FR

May 6, 2010 2:31 AM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR

May 6, 2010 9:31 PM At dest sort facility DUBAI CITY AE

May 7, 2010 12:06 AM In transit LAHORE PK Package available for clearance

May 7, 2010 2:00 AM Int'l shipment release LAHORE PK

May 7, 2010 3:40 AM At local FedEx facility LAHORE PK

Times are GMT scan times. What's annoying is that the destination is 3 hours by car from Lahore and as of yet the papers are still sitting in Lahore. According to http://fedex.com/pk/dropoff/ Lahore offices have Friday off so that's probably why. I rang Lahore at 11pm Pak time to check (4p a minute call services from mobile zindabad) and to my surprise actually got somewhere. I gave them my tracking number and they confirmed my name (so I now know that the tracking system in Pakistan actually works :lol: ) and they told me that it would be delivered tomorrow. InshaAllah hope so, appointment is on Monday.

billo

Post by billo » Sat May 08, 2010 12:35 am

kaidee wrote:They're in the motherland now :P

May 5, 2010 11:48 AM Picked up AYLESBURY GB

May 5, 2010 4:30 PM Left FedEx origin facility AYLESBURY GB

May 5, 2010 10:11 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 5, 2010 10:21 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 5, 2010 10:33 PM In transit STANSTED GB

May 6, 2010 11:15 AM Arrived at FedEx location PARIS FR

May 6, 2010 2:31 AM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR

May 6, 2010 9:31 PM At dest sort facility DUBAI CITY AE

May 7, 2010 12:06 AM In transit LAHORE PK Package available for clearance

May 7, 2010 2:00 AM Int'l shipment release LAHORE PK

May 7, 2010 3:40 AM At local FedEx facility LAHORE PK

Times are GMT scan times. What's annoying is that the destination is 3 hours by car from Lahore and as of yet the papers are still sitting in Lahore. According to http://fedex.com/pk/dropoff/ Lahore offices have Friday off so that's probably why. I rang Lahore at 11pm Pak time to check (4p a minute call services from mobile zindabad) and to my surprise actually got somewhere. I gave them my tracking number and they confirmed my name (so I now know that the tracking system in Pakistan actually works :lol: ) and they told me that it would be delivered tomorrow. InshaAllah hope so, appointment is on Monday.
Hey,
can I ask how much fedex charged for this service. Documents we'll be sending are going to end up being pretty weighty!!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat May 08, 2010 12:40 am

£44.08 pick up from home, 3kg of papers. I put them into a box. They fitted in nicely without too much space around the sides. I had some old large jiffy bag envelopes lying around so put my papers in them to cushion them (originals in one, copies in another) and stuck them in the box. Box dimensions were:
Length: 37cm
Width: 28cm
Height: 10cm
Weight: 3kg

www.interparcel.com (I used a friend's account, without an account you'll pay a few quid more but nothing extortionate).

hth

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat May 08, 2010 2:41 am

Treasury tags and paper clips

So after many posts based on peoples experience we have reached a conclusion that treasury tags are normally accepted at mirpur VAC and are not accepted at islamabad VAC.(dont know about the other two VACS karachi and lahore)
Its best to go for the paper clips if you are submitting at the Islamabad VAC and avoid using the tags as the staff there will remove the tags and there is a strong possibility that the sequence of documents is disturbed and mixed with the different sections of the application and the staff at gerry could end up submitting your application with the originals and photocopies mixed up :x as they would do their best to rush.

Well this what i have been advocating in my previous posts so as far as i am concerned i would inshallah use the paper clips thing to keep my docs togather instead of making holes in my papers :lol: and a complete photocopy set of the originals in a seperate paper bag or folder etc so the staff do not end up with originals and photocopies mixed with each other. :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 am

My wife has submitted her passport and her Nadra Id card which states daughter of, rather then wife of, Is it compulsory to have the passport and nadra id card in her husbands name rather then her fathers name.

I am confused ???????

deemi

Post by deemi » Sat May 08, 2010 3:11 pm

zmk - stop worrying!! The application is in now and there is nothing u can do!!

Also it doesn't matter if your wifes Id and passport say daughter of rather than wife of.

It probably makes your case a bit stronger but is not essential!!
Done waiting!!!!

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

zmk2 wrote:My wife has submitted her passport and her Nadra Id card which states daughter of, rather then wife of, Is it compulsory to have the passport and nadra id card in her husbands name rather then her fathers name.

I am confused ???????
zmk - ur a brother in need- but bro plz listen - i feal like slapping u with a wet fish
b a man and relax - itz in now so get some courage and leave it - watz guna hapen will happen
even if uv got it prepared by the high commisioner himself or even if u prepared it wid loadz mistake

4 ur info - the british judiciary dusnt recognise in a court of law the status on a pakistani passport or id card

there4 - u dnt have to change it - just make sure name matches with everuything elze - i didn't change it 4 my wife!!
it got accepted 2 weekz ago mashallah

so plz - have sabr and all this energy ur exhausting on worrying - channel that in the zikr of Allah ( sorry 4 being so blunt - i know wat itz like / i was in ur position / but ur the man/ NOT the women - so relax my brother, insh'Allah leave to Almighty Allah)

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat May 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Well, my papers finally got there alhamdulillah. Once my parcel hit Pakistan the tracking system became non existant. I phoned Lahore a few times and spoke to customer services, that part was ok. My tracking screen however showed no updates from my parcel being received in Lahore and that was what concerned me.

I rang at 9.30am GMT as that was 1.30pm Pak and the tracking showed that parcel was still in Lahore and was told that it had left Lahore but their IT system was down or something hence no updates. Great.

I was then given a number for the office at the destination and they told me to ring back after 5 mins. I did and was told that my parcel had been delivered. So all in all, it got there, if it wasn't for a Friday being a holiday in Lahore it would have got there on Friday, and the lack of tracking in Pakistan was a let down. Overall the service was ok, it left Wednesday midday from my house, got to destination midday or so Saturday.

Advice for anyone else who needs to send docs this way:

1) Leave plenty of days between sending and the day you need them by so you don't stress needlessly.
2) If in a rush then factor in that Friday may not count for you depending on destination and that not all places offer Saturday delivery and Sunday delivery seems unlikely. Best to check what the working days are in the destination country.
3) Be aware that tracking in Pakistan may be erratic.
4) Get customer service numbers in advance for destination country just in case and don't be afraid to ring at strange times - chances are that someone will be there.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:39 pm

My wife submitted her application on 06/05 . the reference number they gave is not working on tracking, any 1 experiencing the same thing

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:18 am

zmk2 wrote:My wife submitted her application on 06/05 . the reference number they gave is not working on tracking, any 1 experiencing the same thing
If you read a little down the thread heres some instructions someone posted earlier. The reference number should be typed as mentioned below:

1.Online Web Tracking.
Go to web site www.ukvacpk.com then go to track your passport option.
You would enter your application ref starting for example LHE/111209/112867/1
then you would enter your birth date like 23-04-1980

It would display result like Application submitted to Islamabad Bc on

Here is link for you information.

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 am

Thanks zs786 , I have checked it and it states application forwarded to Islamabad OC.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 am

what does it mean By Islamabad OC
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon May 10, 2010 2:32 pm

salam ppl

just wanted to ask how recent the bank statement and wage slips need to be

for example if i am applying in august just say 8 august , do i have to have the bank statment for july and the pay slip for july or can they accept the june ones. It cuz i want to send my docs before end of july so they can get there in beging of august , but i will not have my pay slip for july or bank statment as i could only get it once the month as finished.

any advice

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

My wife submitted an EEA family permit application on 15/03/2010 but till now she hasn't been called by Gerry's to pick her passport.

I just wanna know if people are still experiencing delays with regards to their application. I know we had some problems in the aviation industry lately due to the ash cloud, but it is over as well.

To be honest the wait is annoying and you can't focus on your life completely.

Maybe some of you can help me with their recent experience with regards to visa applications.

Thank you,

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm

hi guys it has been a long time since i have visited this forum and could you advice me on this, As you no my wife's visa was refused last year and i appealed against the decision and i had an hearing on 12 april 2010 which they originally said my marriage was not genuine but at the hearing the judge said the marriage is genuine butas she has been to the UK on a previous visa and she overstayed although ui wasnt married to her then, the refused the appeal but what i want to know from you guys is that not against the law? to refuse on that basis because she is coming for a settlement not as a visit i have re-appealed to reconsider the decision would you guys advice me what will happen next or what should i do to rectify that?
your advice will be appreciated

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:17 pm

zmk2 wrote:what does it mean By Islamabad OC
Sent to British High Commission Islamabad, which is actually overseas here in the UK. So the application will come to the UK to be processed and then returned to Pakistan via Gerries

Don't expect to see much updates on the tracking website, basically when your application has been submitted you see the status 'Application forwarded to Islamabad OC'. The next update you get when the visa has been processed and returned to Gerry's probably something like 'Passport ready for collection[/quote]

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:20 pm

khalid83 wrote:Hi Everyone,

My wife submitted an EEA family permit application on 15/03/2010 but till now she hasn't been called by Gerry's to pick her passport.

I just wanna know if people are still experiencing delays with regards to their application. I know we had some problems in the aviation industry lately due to the ash cloud, but it is over as well.

To be honest the wait is annoying and you can't focus on your life completely.

Maybe some of you can help me with their recent experience with regards to visa applications.

Thank you,

Khalid83

My wife subimitted her spouse settlement visa application on 17/03 - Will be full 8 weeks this wednesday. Stil waiting :roll:

Inshallah it is not to long now until we hear back as BHC process majority of application within 12 weeks

Do keep us updated if you hear anything soon,
May Allah give all of us Sabar. Ameen

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

lack of evidece

Post by sabeennaz » Tue May 11, 2010 12:26 am

i have major problem ive been married and stayed with my husband for 5 months and came bac to uk. i have been away from him since and its been 2 years.

he has been refused on lack of evidence of subsisting marriage for 2 years since my husband and i neither gave any text or contact evidence as we didnt know how to provide it and now we are waiting for date of appeal hearing.

my question is how do i show evidence for the 2 months if all i have been using is calling cards.

however, we did text and as i have pay as you go they only give outgoing text record of 1 year the most if i give £10.

my question is if i get the 1 year statement from vodafone of outgoing texts as its the only evidence of any contact, then is that sufficient to show subsisting marraige bearing in mind i have been away from him for 2 years. plz help guys would that do?