Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, ca.funke, Amber, sushdmehta, John, ChetanOjha, batleykhan, push, JAJ, Casa, archigabe, sbrennan, Administrator

Postby MOD1221 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 am

" zs786, khalid83 , 1111 ", hope all goes well for you guys. I also submitted my case in the same timeline on 3/19/2010.

Status changed outright to "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on" on very same day i submitted the application.

After 3 weeks when no update was available i emailed all these addresses for update on my application :
lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries @fco.gov.uk
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk replied very next day and informed that they do not have much info on case and might be better to contact BHC.

At first visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk sent an lengthy auto reply regarding application and who should contact and in what time frame they are obliged to reply. and then after further emailing they needed more information. Sent all information but to no avail. No reply from them so far.

ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk reply was a bit strange. They mentioned that my application is in process at British High Commission Islamabad. I have requested that they look into the delay that you are experiencing and respond to your email. Also at the end of email it was written "Please forward any future emails regarding this appeal case to; appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk" which was strange as this was not an appeal case and was a fresh application. So that line really put me off as I had previously visited Uk more than 5 times and all the time came back before visa expiry. Also when i lodged application i had valid Uk multiple entry visa for 5 years expiring in 2014 and we have shown more then enough funds for support(in excess of 20K pounds each) and also that we have been married and living together for 3 years . Anyway i know settlement case are treated differently, so will see what the outcome is.
After that email no reply since two weeks and still waiting.

From UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries @fco.gov.uk , i did not get any reply at all.

Just today i got text message on my cell that application GRY-XXX-X is now in process at BHC . I checked online and status shows "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission." Visiting this forum i get the idea that application status only change twice one "Application sent to Islamabad OC on " and next when "application is ready for collection" but seems that now they do post "Application in process" status as well.

Well lets see and hope ALLAH do the best and i will get my visa soon. Also wish all u guys on the form waiting for visa good luck as well and pray for the best.

regards,
MOD1221
Newly Registered

Postby khalid83 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 am

Salaam,

Thanks ZS786 and MOD1221.

I was tracking my wife's visa application on Gerry's website and before it used to say Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC, but now it says Application under process at British High Commission.

Does anyone know what this mean is good or bad, i just want to know and i hope it goes well for everyone.

Thank you,

Bye
khalid83

Postby Suhaib 786 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

zs786

Inshallah we are all waiting anxciously, im sure your going to hear some fantastic news & inshallah u willl be united for life - trust me those 8 weekz r like 8 yearz...
I make dua that may Allah Almighty do wat is best for u both#
Suhaib 786

Postby deemi » Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 am

Khalid - same here!! The status has changed to visa application is under process at BHC!

This looks like something new as, looking through the forums, no one has ever mentioned it before!!

Im taking a guess here but I can only assume it means that the application is physically being looked at by someone now!

So depending on how long it takes them to assess an application some news should be forthcoming soon!! (Inshallah positive news for all!!).
Done waiting!!!!
deemi

Postby mrh_786 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:16 am

Salaam All,

zs786, we are all making dua for you, inshallah it will be good news.

1111, where did you submit your visa ?

deemi, Khalid - same for me too.
The status has changed to " Visa application is under process at British High Commission"

Submitted wife's application on 26/03/10 @ Mirpur

Inshallah some good news to follow for all of us...

Also had a standard email reply today (email sent yesterday) not much use....

UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam

Your wife's application is currently being processed and a decision will be made within the clearly advertised 12 week processing time. If your wife has not heard anything after 12 weeks from the date of application please make a further enquiry then but not before. We do not provide updates on individual applications for obvious reasons.

You can continue to monitor the progress of the application by checking the VAC's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
mrh_786
Newly Registered

Postby deemi » Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 am

mrh - i have had the same responses via email!!

Maybe thats why they have introduced this new traking update!! So people will stop asking whats going on!!

Anyway keep us updated as my wife applied on 26/03/10 as well!! At Lahore VAC!!

Based on 8 weeks I am hoping we should hear something by next friday!! Inshallah it will be good news!!!
Done waiting!!!!
deemi

Postby sherifuk » Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 am

[quote="deemi"]mrh - i have had the same responses via email!!

Maybe thats why they have introduced this new traking update!! So people will stop asking whats going on!!

Anyway keep us updated as my wife applied on 26/03/10 as well!! At Lahore VAC!!

Based on 8 weeks I am hoping we should hear something by next friday!! Inshallah it will be good news!!![/quote]

Same here pal I submitted my wifes on 25/03/10 status showing its under process... Inshallah pray all of those who applied their result will be positive.
sherifuk

HI

Postby MohammedKhan2009 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 am

My wifes visa was rejected last year and we appealed in January 2010, I got a letter from the AIT saying that the claimant had withdrawn his original decision. Its now been 5 weeks since my wife gave her passport in. Last wednesday I received a call from a women from the UK Border Agency, asking me if sponsored anyone and there d.o.b. She said we are issuing the visa and we will be in touch very soon. Its now wednesday again and we havent heard anything. Does any1 have the phone number I can contact to see what is happening please?

Thanks

Mohammed
MohammedKhan2009

Postby kaidee » Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Anybody know how long before you are able to track your application online? I submitted mine on Monday 10th May 2010 but unable to track as of yet - just get an invalid search notice. And does the SMS coincide with you being able to track?

I submitted at Mirpur.
Last edited by kaidee on Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy
kaidee

Postby 1111 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:19 pm

1111, where did you submit your visa ?

I applied in Islamabad, Pakistan.

hope all goes well for you all and hear good news soon.

thanks
Newly Registered

Postby khalid83 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Salaam Everyone,

I e-mailed British High Commission and they got back to me within 5 minutes and the reply was as follow.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. I have checked on the status of your wife's application and can confirm that a decsion was made on 6th May. Please note that we cannot provide the nature of the decision.

Please do not contact the VAC directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

So my question now is how long will it take before Gerry Contacts my wife? I hope it is a good news for me and for all you guys as well.

Thanks
khalid83

Postby navalaviator » Wed May 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Well i assume that the new status update i.e." Visa application is under process at British High Commission" could be a part of the recently raised customer service standards of application processing. 8)

http://ukvacpk.com/news.aspx
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.
navalaviator
Member of Standing

Postby sherifuk » Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

[quote="khalid83"]Salaam Everyone,

I e-mailed British High Commission and they got back to me within 5 minutes and the reply was as follow.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. I have checked on the status of your wife's application and can confirm that a decsion was made on 6th May. Please note that we cannot provide the nature of the decision.

Please do not contact the VAC directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

So my question now is how long will it take before Gerry Contacts my wife? I hope it is a good news for me and for all you guys as well.

Thanks[/quote]

HELLO Khalid

Where did you emailed to get that response. When did you submitted your wife application and which vac

Please advice

thanks
sherifuk

Postby deemi » Wed May 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Salaam guys

I've been thinking about this new status update thing and looking on the net as well.

It looks like this is common for non pakistan visa applicants to recieve this response. Just type the words into google and u will see what I mean!! So maybe they have just introduced it for pak applicants now.

However I was also thinking that the british high commission is in Pakistan and we know that applications are processed in the main in the uk for settlement. So maybe it means that the application has been processed and sent back and the guys in Islamabad just have to do thier thing before sending it off to the relevant vacs?? Which can take a while (7 - 10 days) from wat I have read on these boards.

Anyway these are just some random thoughts that I am sharing and not any concrete facts!!

Also zs786 any news brother??

And khalid let us know when u applied please and were u sent the email!! Thanks.

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!
deemi

Postby yas00007 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Salaam bro/sis

I am in the same position as majority of bro/sis on this forum

My application was submitted on the 24/3/2010 and still waiting.

Does anyone know the email address for the British High Commision where you can get an update as in the previous post?

Ws
yas00007
Newly Registered

Postby sherifuk » Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 pm

[quote="yas00007"]Salaam bro/sis

I am in the same position as majority of bro/sis on this forum

My application was submitted on the 24/3/2010 and still waiting.

Does anyone know the email address for the British High Commision where you can get an update as in the previous post?

Ws[/quote]

hello yas00007

whats ur status showing is it changed or still show as islamabad oc my wife app submission was 25/03/10
sherifuk

Postby z4ydi » Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 pm

My wife submitted her application Tuesday 11/05/2010. I gathered going through some posts on this forum that there are chances that the UK Boarder Agency will call the sponsor (living in the uk) and will ask certain questions including. Have you sponsored this person? or identification questions about the applicant and the sponsor. Can someone list possible questions that they may ask if they call the sponsor.
Secondly is it at all through that the UKBA will call the sponsor in the UK?
z4ydi

Postby deemi » Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Salaam z4ydi

I dont think its the norm for the ECO to ring the sponsor or even the applicant.

I believe this only happens on rare occasions when the ECO wants to clarify something - however the burden of responsibility is on the applicant to prove to the ECO that the application is valid and relationship is genuine, i.e. they rely on the evidence provided rather than chase you for clarity.

However if you get a good ECO who thinks the application is borderline he/she may ring!

Hope this helps and maybe someone better placed than me could give you a list of questions!

Wasallam
Done waiting!!!!
deemi

Postby MohammedKhan2009 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Salaam bro,

I got a call of the UK Border Agency, asking me the person who I sponsored, d.o.b and my d.o.b, this was after my mrs visa was refused, then the ECO overturned the decision. My wife picked up her pass today after waiting 5 weeks for it,

Thanks

Hope this help

deemi wrote:Salaam z4ydi

I dont think its the norm for the ECO to ring the sponsor or even the applicant.

I believe this only happens on rare occasions when the ECO wants to clarify something - however the burden of responsibility is on the applicant to prove to the ECO that the application is valid and relationship is genuine, i.e. they rely on the evidence provided rather than chase you for clarity.

However if you get a good ECO who thinks the application is borderline he/she may ring!

Hope this helps and maybe someone better placed than me could give you a list of questions!

Wasallam
MohammedKhan2009

Postby yas00007 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:32 pm

SherifUK,

My status is still at - App forwarded to Islamabad OC

The status has not changed, there must be an email where you get get an update?

WS
Yas
yas00007
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Immigration for family members