ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 pm

[quote="yas00007"]Salaam bro/sis

I am in the same position as majority of bro/sis on this forum

My application was submitted on the 24/3/2010 and still waiting.

Does anyone know the email address for the British High Commision where you can get an update as in the previous post?

Ws[/quote]

hello yas00007

whats ur status showing is it changed or still show as islamabad oc my wife app submission was 25/03/10

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 pm

My wife submitted her application Tuesday 11/05/2010. I gathered going through some posts on this forum that there are chances that the UK Boarder Agency will call the sponsor (living in the uk) and will ask certain questions including. Have you sponsored this person? or identification questions about the applicant and the sponsor. Can someone list possible questions that they may ask if they call the sponsor.
Secondly is it at all through that the UKBA will call the sponsor in the UK?

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Salaam z4ydi

I dont think its the norm for the ECO to ring the sponsor or even the applicant.

I believe this only happens on rare occasions when the ECO wants to clarify something - however the burden of responsibility is on the applicant to prove to the ECO that the application is valid and relationship is genuine, i.e. they rely on the evidence provided rather than chase you for clarity.

However if you get a good ECO who thinks the application is borderline he/she may ring!

Hope this helps and maybe someone better placed than me could give you a list of questions!

Wasallam
Done waiting!!!!

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Salaam bro,

I got a call of the UK Border Agency, asking me the person who I sponsored, d.o.b and my d.o.b, this was after my mrs visa was refused, then the ECO overturned the decision. My wife picked up her pass today after waiting 5 weeks for it,

Thanks

Hope this help

deemi wrote:Salaam z4ydi

I dont think its the norm for the ECO to ring the sponsor or even the applicant.

I believe this only happens on rare occasions when the ECO wants to clarify something - however the burden of responsibility is on the applicant to prove to the ECO that the application is valid and relationship is genuine, i.e. they rely on the evidence provided rather than chase you for clarity.

However if you get a good ECO who thinks the application is borderline he/she may ring!

Hope this helps and maybe someone better placed than me could give you a list of questions!

Wasallam

yas00007
Newly Registered

Post by yas00007 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:32 pm

SherifUK,

My status is still at - App forwarded to Islamabad OC

The status has not changed, there must be an email where you get get an update?

WS
Yas

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Thu May 13, 2010 7:15 pm

[quote="yas00007"]SherifUK,

My status is still at - App forwarded to Islamabad OC

The status has not changed, there must be an email where you get get an update?

WS
Yas[/quote]

My wife application submitted on 25/03/10 but the status changed yesterday saying the application is under process with bhc

dont understand this

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu May 13, 2010 8:34 pm

MashAllah, just in 6 weeks, this fast track bro. I hope you get the news sometimes soon. I dont know if any one knows how long does it take after this stage before the status change again. May Allah SWT bless you with khayr inshallah

zs786

Post by zs786 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Salaam to all

All praise be to Allah.

My wife got her Visa today. She went over to the Mirpur Vac to collect today.
Here are our stats:

Applied: 17/03/2010
Visa Issued & Stamped: 30/04/2010
Call received to pick up passport: 12/05/2010

So in total it took exactly 8 weeks. This seems to be the norm with visa timescales at the moment.

Thanks to all for your duas, and thanks to all who have answered my questions on this board. I make dua for all who are waiting, inshallah you will hear positive news soon

I will stick around inshallah and hopefully be of assistance

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu May 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Zs mashallah - I am really chuffed for you!!

I pray that you both bring happiness to each others life!!
Done waiting!!!!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu May 13, 2010 9:56 pm

zs786 wrote:Salaam to all

Wa 'alaikumus salam

Alhamdulillah, that is excellent! Happy for you :D

Can you remember how soon after submission you were able to track your application?
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri May 14, 2010 1:59 am

@zs786

Congratulations and good luck for your future life. :D
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 am

All praise be to Allah.

My wife got her Visa today. She went over to the Mirpur Vac to collect today.
Here are our stats:

Applied: 17/03/2010
Visa Issued & Stamped: 30/04/2010
Call received to pick up passport: 12/05/2010

So in total it took exactly 8 weeks. This seems to be the norm with visa timescales at the moment.

Thanks to all for your duas, and thanks to all who have answered my questions on this board. I make dua for all who are waiting, inshallah you will hear positive news soon

I will stick around inshallah and hopefully be of assistance
Congratulations bro. Whens the Party? :P

Seems like almost all the folks here who lodged their applications around March have had their response. Bring on the new breed of applicants.

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 14, 2010 9:37 am

Zak

Dont forget us brothers that are still waiting!! remember to include us in your duas!
Done waiting!!!!

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Salaam,

I was tracking my wife visa application and her visa application was as follow,

Your Application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same....

what does the same mean at the eind?

please let me know if you guys know this.

Thanks,

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Khalid it basically means the application is ready to collect!! The same refers to the app!!

Inshallah it will be good news!!!
Done waiting!!!!

zs786

Post by zs786 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 pm

kaidee wrote:

Wa 'alaikumus salam

Alhamdulillah, that is excellent! Happy for you :D

Can you remember how soon after submission you were able to track your application?
Kiadee if your still having problems tracking maybe you are not entering the tracking number correctly. Please read below for instructions

The reference number should be typed as mentioned below:

1.Online Web Tracking.
Go to web site www.ukvacpk.com then go to track your passport option.
You would enter your application ref starting for example LHE/111209/112867/1
then you would enter your birth date like 23-04-1980

It would display result like Application submitted to Islamabad Bc on

Here is link for you information.

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri May 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Jazakallahu khair for your reply. I've tried that but will try again and get the number rechecked - now if only I had the receipt in my hands! :P
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri May 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Alhamdulillah, after trying umpteen different changes to the number that I was given (by relatives in Pak) I have managed to single out the culprit, some numpty put a D instead of a 0 :x aaarrgghhh! That has been troubling me for 5 days now! Stress for free :evil:
Alhamdulillah I can see the fabled message of Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on no date.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon May 17, 2010 2:54 am

All quite on the western front ssshhhhh! :roll: :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 17, 2010 11:45 am

Salaam guys

Been over 7 weeks now and still now news! Status changed last week to "visa application is under review at BHC" - not sure if that means they have only just started looking at it or it has come back from Croydon to the BHC in Islamabad!

Anyway anybody that applied around the end of March heard anything yet??

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

sherifuk
Newly Registered

status change

Post by sherifuk » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

[quote="deemi"]Khalid - same here!! The status has changed to visa application is under process at BHC!

This looks like something new as, looking through the forums, no one has ever mentioned it before!!

Im taking a guess here but I can only assume it means that the application is physically being looked at by someone now!

So depending on how long it takes them to assess an application some news should be forthcoming soon!! (Inshallah positive news for all!!).[/quote]

Hi deemi

can you please tell me what will be situation after the status change from islamabad oc to Visa application under process. how many more days it will take its coming to 8 weeks now this thrusday please advice

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Salaam sherif

Im afraid i cant really help!!! I know that a few brothers status changed some time last week to "application under process" - and one brothers changed again after a couple of days saying that the application was ready for collection!

I had a look around on the net and it can take a couple of weeks from this point or a couple of days!!

Its going to be 8 weeks for us on friday! So we seem to be in the same boat!! My gut feeling is that once the status changes to "application under process" that the application has come back to the BHC in Islamabad and is waiting to be posted out to the VAC. At least thats what i hope!

I would say try emailing the UKHUB but its pot luck if they will tell you anything at all before 12 weeks are up - i had standard responses basically not telling me anything and saying not to contact them again before the 12 weeks were up! But other people have been told that the decesion has been made (even though they wont tell you the decesion)!! Like i said pot luck!

Hope this makes sense and helps in some small way knowing that other people are going through the same thing!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

sherifuk
Newly Registered

status change

Post by sherifuk » Mon May 17, 2010 12:07 pm

[quote="deemi"]Salaam sherif

Im afraid i cant really help!!! I know that a few brothers status changed some time last week to "application under process" - and one brothers changed again after a couple of days saying that the application was ready for collection!

I had a look around on the net and it can take a couple of weeks from this point or a couple of days!!

Its going to be 8 weeks for us on friday! So we seem to be in the same boat!! My gut feeling is that once the status changes to "application under process" that the application has come back to the BHC in Islamabad and is waiting to be posted out to the VAC. At least thats what i hope!

I would say try emailing the UKHUB but its pot luck if they will tell you anything at all before 12 weeks are up - i had standard responses basically not telling me anything and saying not to contact them again before the 12 weeks were up! But other people have been told that the decesion has been made (even though they wont tell you the decesion)!! Like i said pot luck!

Hope this makes sense and helps in some small way knowing that other people are going through the same thing!

Wasalaam[/quote]

Salam Deemi thanks for the information. i think my and ur case will be round about similar time frame let me know if anything chances or hear anything.. i will do the same.

Cheers pal

regards

MOD1221
Newly Registered

Post by MOD1221 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:23 pm

AOA,

It appears that now status is being updated frequently.

I got sms earlier in the morning that "Application ready for collection at VAC center where submitted".

Went at VAC center, entered a long queue , and finally after an hr got my application back along with passport having stamped visa.

After an hr of collection, i got sms that "application collected from VAC center"

And when i arrived back home i checked status online and the status is now "Application collected"

So yes it appears that the status does changed frequently.

Mine application status as it changed are:
"Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on"
"Application under process at BHC"
"Application ready for collection at VAC center where submitted"
"Application Collected"

My time line being follow:

Application submitted : Mar 19 2010
Visa issued : May 07 2010
Application collected : May 17 2010

Also all brothers n sisters who are waiting for their application outcome, wish all of them good luck and INSHALLAH hope for the best.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

status change

Post by sherifuk » Mon May 17, 2010 12:32 pm

[quote="MOD1221"]AOA,

It appears that now status is being updated frequently.

I got sms earlier in the morning that "Application ready for collection at VAC center where submitted".

Went at VAC center, entered a long queue , and finally after an hr got my application back along with passport having stamped visa.

After an hr of collection, i got sms that "application collected from VAC center"

And when i arrived back home i checked status online and the status is now "Application collected"

So yes it appears that the status does changed frequently.

Mine application status as it changed are:
"Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on"
"Application under process at BHC"
"Application ready for collection at VAC center where submitted"
"Application Collected"

My time line being follow:

Application submitted : Mar 19 2010
Visa issued : May 07 2010
Application collected : May 17 2010

Also all brothers n sisters who are waiting for their application outcome, wish all of them good luck and INSHALLAH hope for the best.[/quote]

hello Modi

Mashallah thats very good news happy for you. Can you tell me what date did your staus change to application under process.

?????

Regards

Sherifuk