ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:57 pm

yeh its so stressful!!

im hoping to send them out by the end of this month InshAllah....gosh im so nervous!

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah I know how you feel but the relief of having your hubby with you is worth all this, trust me. Inshallah you will get good news and your hubby will be with you soon.

Main thing is to keep faith in Allah (swt), that keeps you going!

What office in Pak will your hubby be applying in?

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm

yeah thats the thought that keeps me going everyday!..having him here and just seeing him again ... its been so long :(

well our house is in Mirpur but my hubby works in Lahore so he spends most of his time there ... so we were thinking in maybe applying in the lahore office? ... ive heard the Mirpur office is always veryy busy!...where did u apply?..and how long did it take?

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:38 pm

My hubby applied on the 26th march and he was told on the 28th to collect his passport. I left for Pakistan after a week of his case being submitted, we collected the passport on the 29th of april and visa was stamped, we were lucky it took a month but now it seems its more waiting time unfortunetly!

We applied in mirpur, the first day my hubby didnt even go in because of the queue and they werent accepting more cases, the second day he reached 3am in mirpur embassy lol (bless him) and got through in order to submit application.

How long since you havent seen your hubby? Mine was after 8 months, it was a killer.

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:52 pm

wow..ur so lucky!! Mashallah!... Its going to be 9 months in 2 days!..and counting! .. its soo hard i cant even begin to describe it but uve been through it so ur more than familiar to the pain and agony..rite!?

ive booked my seat for the 25th of oct InshAllah so im hoping to be there when he gets his reply.,,,nonetheless its just been too long so regardless of the applications outcome im still going! :oops:
btw it doesnt effect the application does it if i travel to pakistan after we've submitted in the application!?

yeah thats what ive been told the mirpur application time is like 3 days!...lol i cant imagine my hubby standing in a queue at 3am in the morning, he'll be falling asleep standing up!...so we're thinking to apply at lahore instead..have u heard whats its like applying there at all?

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Nope it doesnt affect your case at all, its only human that you need to see your partner after soo long! I had to move my seats forward as I had only planned to go for 2 weeks, lucky for me hubby came back with me. The only thing is you have to be patient.

The bummer is the pricing for international calling cards has increased in the sense you dont get as much mins as before, too expensive to call from mobile!

I dont know about Lahore, sorry.

9 months, god thats is more than me, i sincerly pray that your hubby gets his visa soon.

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:06 pm

tell me about it the calling cards are just crazy now..before i use 2 spend at least 5..6 hours calling from just 1 card...now the same card wont even call me a whole hour!...now we've resorted to him calling me from there because it works out to be so much cheaper!

U know when u went to Pak after sumbitting in the application did the BHC ring up ur wokrplace and confirm u were working there|?..do they actually ring up ur work places or not....?

so how long after ur marriage did u apply for ur hubbys visa?

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:13 am

cherry1 wrote:tell me about it the calling cards are just crazy now..before i use 2 spend at least 5..6 hours calling from just 1 card...now the same card wont even call me a whole hour!...now we've resorted to him calling me from there because it works out to be so much cheaper!

U know when u went to Pak after sumbitting in the application did the BHC ring up ur wokrplace and confirm u were working there|?..do they actually ring up ur work places or not....?

so how long after ur marriage did u apply for ur hubbys visa?
I asked my manager and he said no one from BHC called so I guess not, I was off for 5 weeks paid leave so I told my manager if BHC called to let them know that I still work there but have paid leave authorised. As long as you have sufficient proof (ie letter from work on their letter head confirming you work there, should be fine).

I applied for my hubby's visa after 7 and half months. I intially worked part time so applied for full time after I got back from Pak which was in mid august, it took till end of Oct for me to transfer to full time. So I had 4 months full time wage slips and then me and my hubby just thought we will apply because we had enough proof.

As promised, the following documents were included in our application (I'll mention any that need to be attested)

1 - A copy of my birth certificate (not original just a photocopy)

2- Photocopies of passport (the page where it mentions her Majesty and has your passport number on it, another copy of my picture part of passport as well as any in's and out's of Pak, I was away to Pak a yr before my wedding when I met my hubby so this was included. All these pages were attested by Lawyer

3- Sponsorship declaration letter (Again this was attested by a solicitor - if you wish I can send you a copy of how mine looked?)

4 - A letter from the council confirming that my hubby can reside at my brother's house without overcrowding.

5 - A letter from my brother confirming he was fine with me staying at his house for however long I required without incurring rent.

6 - A letter from my work place confirming that I did work for O2 (it also included my salary amount, when I started work, my job title, my NI number on an O2 letterhead)

7 - 4 months wage slips confirming my salary and how much Tax and NI is deducted as well as a letter confirming my salary increase)

8 - P60 for year 2006-2007

9 - A letter from HM Revenue and Customs confirming my job is registered with O2 and also confirming my tax code.

10 - 6 months worth of bank statements showing my incomings/outings (savings of about 3k)

11 - 3 months contract mobile bills showing my calls/texts to hubby's number (highlighted to make it easier for BHC to look at just at glance). I also included international calling cards as welll as cards that my hubby sent me ie birthday/valentines/eid etc.

12 - Some examples of texts my hubby sent me, printed via o2 bluebook.

13 - Sponsorship undertaking form

That is the list.

In regards to the VAF4 form, that is what your hubby needs to fill (or if you wish you can fill it out on HIS behalf, those are not your details its the applicants).

Hope that helps.

Princess

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:41 am

hey princess.thanks so much!..ur such a sweetheart! :D

ok wel i have everything on that list apart from - A letter from HM Revenue and Customs confirming my job is registered with my employee and also confirming my tax code?? ... do u think it will a issue if i dont submit that?

Also I have 4 months full time pay slips and about 2 months part time..do you think this will be sufficient?

yeah and it would be great if you could show me an eg of ur sponsorship letter so i know im on the right path.plz....gosh i feel so illiterate, i have no idea how to put this stuff togther!!..im just so nervous!

princess22

Post by princess22 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:47 pm

No worries hun, its natural to be nervous.....

Here is a copy of the sponsorship declaration - (some of the things won't apply to you as you are renting out a property):

Sponsorship Declaration

I ..............(your name) residing at.............(your UK address). I do hereby solemnly and sincerely declare and undertake as follows:

1 - I am a British citizen of the United Kingdom holding passport number ........(your passport number) and I reside permanently at the above address.

2 - I wish to sponsor my husband .........(husbands name) whom at present is residing in ..........(your and hubbys full pakistan address). We got married in Pakistan on the .............(wedding date).

3 - I reside at my brother ...............(brothers name) house where I have a room for my sole use which I will share with my husband on his entry to the United Kingdom. ......... (brothers name) will charge no rent for the use of the aforementioned room.

4 - I am in full time employment as a ........... (job title) working for .........(company you work for) at ...............(company's full address), where I earn and income of ...........(annual salary) per annum.

I hereby undertake that I will be responsible for the costs of travel to and from the United Kingdom for my husband ..........(hubby's name) and for his whole welfare, maintenance and accommodation as we reside in the United Kingdom and that without resource to public funds.

Sworn by me at ......(ie glasgow for me) on the .......(date this was sworn at) before

Commissioner of Oath/Solicitor .......................(name of solicitor)

Declared at ...........(place of declaration inc full address)

Signature of sponsor ............. (that's your signature)

The solicitor will then stamp the declaration.

Solicitor's can also make a sponsorship declaration up for you (they do charge though).

In regards to the missing document, I'm not sure but the fact that you have your p60 should mean that your job is registered, I just included everything to be safe.

Your 4 months full time and 2 months part time are sufficient. I hope you get good news inshallah, all the best! x

cherry1
Newly Registered

Post by cherry1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm

thanks again for all ur help princess!! ..i really am grateful!! :D

well il make up the declarationa and have it signed by the end of the week InshAllah .. but the British Embassy in Pakistan have closed down rite now havent they?...because of the Marriott Hotel bombing in pak!

I hope they re-open pretty soon.....

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:36 am

what the embassy is closed?????? can any thing else go wrong at the moment.

Just want to say thanks to those who helped me with the online thing i managed to get in after a fiddled with the DOB. Thanks guys

All i can do is wait and pray

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:43 am

saiqabb wrote:Hi cherry1 itz going to be 5months on the 5th October since iv seen my husband his hopefully goin to come on dat day aswell.Im not sure which form u should use.My uncle provided me with our forms...Double check with someone and then send the papers.
i want to email them but i dont know what to write lol can you tell me what you wrote in your email please,

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:06 am

Hi folks ....

Indeed the BHC & VACs are closed til further notice as a result of the Marriott blast at the weekend. There is a notice up on the Gerry's homepage stating that updates will be posted when info changes.

My missus was going to submit her revised/2nd application today ... its already been 4.5 since i seen her & if they keep closing the offices, then she aint getting here for ages !!! :(

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:50 am

so now it will take longer than expected everything is getting delayed. i havnt seen my hubi in 5 months prob go on to 6-7 at this rate it is gna kill me.. :cry: ........i guess everyone is missing there partners at this time.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 am

Hiya Naz08,

I know how you feel. I havent seen my missus in 4.5 months.

We're resubmitting a new case, first got rejected coz didnt have info on company accounts for my business and didnt have info detailing the rooms in my parents house. Was advised that given these points of failure its quicker to resubmit than appeal, so thats what we're doing.

Missus was going to go this week but dont look like that will happen now - I dont think that it will open this week ... worse thing is its Eid next week so no doubt everything will be shut again for a few days.

Keep patient & inshallah everything will be ok :D

Naz08 - when did you apply & where????

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:44 am

Not This Again The Embassy Has Been Closing Alot Recently Due To The Security Reasons And Its Apalling Its Been 1 Year now since i seen My husband I was Married Last Year In july 31st And I actually Thought By December My Husband Would Be With Me But I Have Been Refused And Its Sooo AWFUL And Now We Reapplied The Case So That It will Not Take Time And Its DOING the same Thing And i Cannot Take it Anymore :( I just Hope For the BEST for All of you guys N Honeslthy I am Praying For All And PLease Do pray For me Its been The 9th week Since we Submitted Our Papers But No reply N I dont Think I will Hear soon If the Embassy Is Closed Again :(

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:49 am

cutesweetgal - remain hopeful inshallah you will hear smthg positive :D

Can I ask why your furst appplication was refused???
Also when did you submit your second application???

faaniali

:cry:

Post by faaniali » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 pm

as the embassy and visa application submission centres are closed after marriot hotel news then the cases already submitted will they be processed or they are stopped as well >>???? :roll:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 pm

i wud like to know that aswell, wether they will continue working on the cases they have or just leave them untill everything opens,

my hubbi submitted his on the 11 sept i got long way 2 go yet!!!!! he submitted it at islamabad... inshahlah you wife will get her visa this time round....

cutesweetgal - 1 year you havnt seen your hubbi must be hard???? im hoping my hubi will be here next eid the big one after ramadan.

Pakistan is such complicated at the moment, with the embassy closing now n then

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Thx Naz08 - i hope your words come true inshallah :D

As to whether applications are being processed.... the update says the following:

"Our Visa Application Centres are currently closed, pending an urgent review of security following the attack on the Marriott hotel.

The BHC will post information on the consequences for those who have already submitted applications and who are waiting for the return of their passports on both this website and the BHC website, www.ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk as soon as possible."

Everyone will just kinda have to wait for the updates, as & when they give them!!

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:54 pm

i dont understand so we have to wait till the embassy opens again or will they continue to work the website on there is useless i been on it how is that supposed to help us.....how long they are likely to be closed for,

can i email them? or will they not reply bk?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Well to be honest I dont think contacting them will really make any difference - its just smthg tht we gotta accept from our wonderful nation. Cant really blame them BHC or VAC - they are just trying to protect their interests and staff .... unfortunately its us (and the ordinary Pakistani folk) who suffer as a result of the mindless idiots out there who inflict this type of action!!

My feeling is that it should be open by the end of the week or by Monday next week ... not much help to us but we have no choice!!

Naz08 / Faaniali - remain calm and patient. Getting upset and worried will not help you or get you anywhere. Keep the faith & Inshallah we will all hear positive news. :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:50 pm

yeh dats wah im sayn all we can do is wait and be calm lol, we have done all we can, i try not to think about it too much, and not to try and keep checking the application online, buh i have one question

my sister sent a visa for my aunty yeh as a visitor and they checked it online and it said "passport ready to collect". thing is with everthing being closed will she have to wait now?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Judging by the update provided by the BHC I would say yes. If the offices are closed theres no way your aunty can collect the passport.