ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rudey786

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by rudey786 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:36 pm

With regards to proof of communication - i am right in thinking this is not a requirement to show but just something to make your case stronger?
Reason i ask, I've asked 2 of my cousins who have applied and successfully been granted visas and not either of them included any call logs.
I use vyber to call my husband - so all i need to do is screenshot our call log?
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

asif_sharif
Member of Standing

Post by asif_sharif » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:59 pm

rudey786 wrote:With regards to proof of communication - i am right in thinking this is not a requirement to show but just something to make your case stronger?
Reason i ask, I've asked 2 of my cousins who have applied and successfully been granted visas and not either of them included any call logs.
I use vyber to call my husband - so all i need to do is screenshot our call log?
eerm no i am pretty sure its one of the main things they look at
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 pm

rudey786 wrote:With regards to proof of communication - i am right in thinking this is not a requirement to show but just something to make your case stronger?

No this à requirement and busy be met otherwise how would you prove it is à tenions relationship its hard to beliebe they granted à visa with no call logs Unleas they had à Good enough reason such as arranger islamic marriage and submitted thier case straight After thier Nikha therfore had no call logs. ANd Yes screen shots are fine.

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Rudey786 it is essential to have call logs with your application as they would like to know how you have communicated with your partner, if you already have the call logs why not just include them, you have no issues by including them, u would rather give more things then less.

I applied 18 months after marriage and included all my call logs even from the previous 18 months, rather give more then less.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:18 am

@ Arslan is that true that they are not accepting calling cards anymore :( i have exchanged only a few emails with my wife like maybe 10 or 12 in 4 months period in which we have discussed about internet issues and weak signals in Pakistan. The rest is only calling cards.

it makes me really worried now :( :?:

Do not send calling cards as they do not accept These anymore as it does not prove any call logs taken or recieved .i know people who have been rejectes for Sending calling cards[/quote]

maniani

Post by maniani » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:57 am

Can anyone please tell me that do undertaking require!

blumango

Post by blumango » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 am

sami3 wrote:@ Arslan is that true that they are not accepting calling cards anymore :( i have exchanged only a few emails with my wife like maybe 10 or 12 in 4 months period in which we have discussed about internet issues and weak signals in Pakistan. The rest is only calling cards.

it makes me really worried now :( :?:

Do not send calling cards as they do not accept These anymore as it does not prove any call logs taken or recieved .i know people who have been rejectes for Sending calling cards
[/quote]

to satisfy evidence of relationship you must provide not only itemised billing from day of relationship but the phone numbers for both spouses must be registered in each of theirnames/addresses matchingthose details provided on the visa application.

a number of cases were refused when the eco did checksand found the wife in Pakistan mobile was registered in her dads name.

the key thing here is you must provide solid evidence that you and your spouse have been in contact throughout the relationship. calling cards provide no evidence, eco could argue that you could be calling anyone and howdo u prove u made these calls.

so, spouse in uk must provide original itemised phone bills showing your name/address. spouse in Pakistan must provide a print out from the network showing clearly their phone number and registered name/address.

no ifs no buts, sadly this gives the eco excuse to refuse your case if you do not provide the above
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 am

It is best to avoid submitting calling cards with your application as there's no proof of who used the card and where the calls were made to.

Subsisting relationship proof is one of the major things they look at after the financial aspect, so it is best to get this part of your application correct without any gaps/confusion.

I submitted the following:

1) Lycamobile call logs since coming back after getting married. Call logs included my telephone number, wife's telephone number, date called, time called, duration of call, type of call, amount of top-up credit used in the call.
We called each other everyday for at least 3 hours, and my call log printouts from Lycamobile were around 65 pages.

2) Signed letter from Lycamobile head office with my name, address, telephone number, customer number, sim card number, date of joining Lycamobile. This was to prove that the Number used to make the calls was actually mine, and confirmed all details. Singed and stamped my senior manager at Lycamobile.

3) Offical Warid letter stating my wife's name, address, telephone number and date joined. This was to prove that the number is hers, registered on her name and that the Lycamobile calls from the UK were actually to my wife.

4) Money slips. I sent around £500 per month to my wife for her living costs. I included all the slips from the UK centre, and the centre where collection was made. The slips ALL contained my address, wife's address, my telephone number, wife's telephone number, names, amount, relationship status and so on.

5) Travel tickets. I visited in January 2014, and included all tickets, booking details, boarding pass, e-ticket, flight plan and so on.

My contact section was SUBSTANTIAL, but it is all necessary and true. :wink:

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 am

Salam guys
my wife will be submitting her application on Wednesday

can you guys just check we haven't missed anything from the below list? It would really ease my mind.

• Personal Details form (VAF4A)
• Financial Requirements form APPENDIX 2 (VAF4A)
• 7 months dated payslips
• Bank statements of dated from 31/12/13 to 5/8/14
• P60 End of Year Certificate of
• Copy of current passport of spouse
• Copy of previous passport of spouse
• Copy of current passport of father of spouse
• Deed to property
• Property Inspection letter
• Letter of employment
• Declaration of spouse
• Declaration of spouses father
• English Language Test Certificate of applicant
• Current passport of applicant
• National ID of applicant
• Photocopy of National ID of applicant
• Tuberculosis test results of applicant
• Marriage certificate original
• Marriage certificate English translation
• Wedding invitations
• 12 Photographs of the wedding
• Communications evidence (Facebook messages and Skype Log).
• Western Union money transfer confirmation email

am I missing something?
should I also write a letter as a sponsor detailing how we met, where we married, how we will live in UK etc?

Also with regards to communications evidence We rarely speak on the phone but use Skype and facebook messenger (phone contact is only made when we cannot connect via the internet). I have took 4 screenshots of our facebook interactions , one in feb, one in april, one in june and one august (this year). I don't particularly want to send then a complete transcript of message activity or anything, will these four screenshots be sufficient?

and we also use Skype of which I have saved 5 screenshots from June to September 2014. Will this also be ok? Again I don't want to send pages and pages of call logs. They should see that contact and communication has been made over a long period.

Also I began communicating with my wife back in 2012 (married april 2014) but have no real way of proving this.

Somebody be my guardian angel in this stressful time! :S

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:58 am

guys.. is there any harm or any bad effect on application, when sending email to UKVI weekly for status update.??
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:00 pm

the_silk_route wrote:It is best to avoid submitting calling cards with your application as there's no proof of who used the card and where the calls were made to.

Subsisting relationship proof is one of the major things they look at after the financial aspect, so it is best to get this part of your application correct without any gaps/confusion.

I submitted the following:

1) Lycamobile call logs since coming back after getting married. Call logs included my telephone number, wife's telephone number, date called, time called, duration of call, type of call, amount of top-up credit used in the call.
We called each other everyday for at least 3 hours, and my call log printouts from Lycamobile were around 65 pages.

2) Signed letter from Lycamobile head office with my name, address, telephone number, customer number, sim card number, date of joining Lycamobile. This was to prove that the Number used to make the calls was actually mine, and confirmed all details. Singed and stamped my senior manager at Lycamobile.

3) Offical Warid letter stating my wife's name, address, telephone number and date joined. This was to prove that the number is hers, registered on her name and that the Lycamobile calls from the UK were actually to my wife.

4) Money slips. I sent around £500 per month to my wife for her living costs. I included all the slips from the UK centre, and the centre where collection was made. The slips ALL contained my address, wife's address, my telephone number, wife's telephone number, names, amount, relationship status and so on.

5) Travel tickets. I visited in January 2014, and included all tickets, booking details, boarding pass, e-ticket, flight plan and so on.

My contact section was SUBSTANTIAL, but it is all necessary and true. :wink:
Our application was refused because I didn't submit any communication evidence, so guys it is crucial to do so.

In our next application I submitted only the followings:

1) one page of lycamobile bill showing printed out myself from website, showing my name, address and lycamobile number. I must say the bill was for a period of 2 months but only had 4 calls to my wife's number.

2) Screen shots of Skype log (showed calls and few chats) covering a 6 month period just before the application date.

3) Screen shots of yahoo mail box only for a period of two years from wedding until use of Skype.

4) One receipt of moneygram in a marriage over 2 years old (I explained in a letter that I only sent money once to cover the fees for last application because wife lives with our parents and they take care of her necessities)

5) I included two travel tickets as I only visited twice (once for wedding and second time 16 months later)
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Blitheringking wrote:Salam guys

can you guys just check we haven't missed anything from the below list? It would really ease my mind.

• Deed to property
• Letter of employment
• Declaration of spouse
• Wedding invitations

am I missing something?
should I also write a letter as a sponsor detailing how we met, where we married, how we will live in UK etc?

Also with regards to communications evidence We rarely speak on the phone but use Skype and facebook messenger (phone contact is only made when we cannot connect via the internet). I have took 4 screenshots of our facebook interactions , one in feb, one in april, one in june and one august (this year). I don't particularly want to send then a complete transcript of message activity or anything, will these four screenshots be sufficient?

and we also use Skype of which I have saved 5 screenshots from June to September 2014. Will this also be ok? Again I don't want to send pages and pages of call logs. They should see that contact and communication has been made over a long period.

Also I began communicating with my wife back in 2012 (married april 2014) but have no real way of proving this.

I would definitely increase the amount on communication records to what you are willing to send..
If you say in your application it is an arranged marriage then you only need to send communication to cover the period from wedding till application date if however you mention the fact that you have known your spouse since 2012 then you will need to prove it by giving communication evidence.

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm

tallojani wrote:
Blitheringking wrote:Salam guys

• Deed to property
• Letter of employment
• Declaration of spouse
• Wedding invitations

am I missing something?

I would definitely increase the amount on communication records to what you are willing to send..
If you say in your application it is an arranged marriage then you only need to send communication to cover the period from wedding till application date if however you mention the fact that you have known your spouse since 2012 then you will need to prove it by giving communication evidence.
Hi

my marriage was arranged in 2012 and I did communicate with my now wife in 2012 (didn't want to go in blind)

thing is my Skype history only goes back to june 2014 and my facebook message history only goes back to febuary, no older communications are available to view.

rarely did we converse on the phone or conventional sms

Faz1985ashraf
Newly Registered

Post by Faz1985ashraf » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Salam all

I just wanted to clarify something regarding my wife's application.

Some are saying that they take lowest wage for the 6 months and some are saying the all all 6 months together.

My wage is well above the threshold and I provided 2 x P60 to prove this. But the month I was in Pakistan for out wedding I was away for 5 weeks and the first 3 were paid holiday and the next 2 were marked as absent therefore I never got paid. I only received 50% wage for that month so it was very low! I'm worried they will use that slip and will reject my wife's application. Can anyone give me some confirmation on what they do. I have 1 full time job with an annual salary but also receive bonus and commission monthly, this is also confirmed on my confirmation of employment letter from my company.

What do u guys think?

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 pm

also guys question 1.11 in the personal details asks

Do you have a home office reference number?

is this the reference number that is given in online application process?

the reference number was in this format GWFXXXXXXXXX

Would this be the home office reference number?

I cant seem to find an answer anywhere

thanks

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

Me and My Husband Finally submitted Today 15/09/2014 at Mirpur. Please kee me in prayers, hopefully in sha allah everyone hears soon and the backlog is cleared! :)

Good luck Ket1 for your new application i hope it works out, i know your abit confused as to where to apply, islamabad i avoided because of disruption all these protests, and ended up going with Mirpur. But ultimately they all go Islamabad its the processing that takes the time not where you submit i think and hope lol. Good luck in sha allah hope this time its smoother than previous and you hear within weeks!

Blitherringking:
Your last bank statement and wage slips have to be issued within the last 28 days before your application, they cannot be more than 28 days old, In your list you say your last bank statement is 5th August 2014. And i agree with the above more communication so that especially the more time spent apart more communication needed. Good luck in advance! Where will you be applying?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:04 pm

umeraali wrote:Hi Everyone,

Me and My Husband Finally submitted Today 15/09/2014 at Mirpur. Please kee me in prayers, hopefully in sha allah everyone hears soon and the backlog is cleared! :)

Good luck Ket1 for your new application i hope it works out, i know your abit confused as to where to apply, islamabad i avoided because of disruption all these protests, and ended up going with Mirpur. But ultimately they all go Islamabad its the processing that takes the time not where you submit i think and hope lol. Good luck in sha allah hope this time its smoother than previous and you hear within weeks!

Blitherringking:
Your last bank statement and wage slips have to be issued within the last 28 days before your application, they cannot be more than 28 days old, In your list you say your last bank statement is 5th August 2014. And i agree with the above more communication so that especially the more time spent apart more communication needed. Good luck in advance! Where will you be applying?
Well observed Umeraali, brlitehrking you must make sure your bank statements are correctly dated.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:35 pm

guys do u have to provide the polio test in the application? or is that just for after u get the visa?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Blitherringking:
thats gud news inshallah it goes smoothly for u :)
thank u so much sister i rely appreciate it and thank u so much inshallah :) i am lukin at mirpur too x
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Ket1 wrote:guys do u have to provide the polio test in the application? or is that just for after u get the visa?
If you are going for TB Certificate, they'll ask you to bring the Polio Certificate along with other documents. If your old TB Certificate is still valid then you'll need it only before you fly out of Pakistan.

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:22 pm

tallojani wrote:

Blitherringking:
Well observed Umeraali, brlitehrking you must make sure your bank statements are correctly dated.
Thanks guys

bit of an issue I have then

my wife will be applying on Wednesday and I will not be able to get a newer payslip or bank statement to her in time.
:(

any ideas?

my last payslip was from july If need be I could scan augusts payslip and bank statement. will this be accepted?

race against time!!!

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Blitheringking,

If you have an employment letter confirming your employment status and Pay Slips and Bank Statements that cover an extended period of time you have nothing to worry about.

Unless it's changed I think the 6 month period prior to application is sufficient, they are full aware that some people due to travel and international boundaries wouldn't be able to submit all completely up to date documents. I think when we applied for my wife's visa, my most current pay slip was 7 weeks old, it's simply not possible to have anything up to date in most cases.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm

king2be98 wrote:Blitheringking,

If you have an employment letter confirming your employment status and Pay Slips and Bank Statements that cover an extended period of time you have nothing to worry about.

Unless it's changed I think the 6 month period prior to application is sufficient, they are full aware that some people due to travel and international boundaries wouldn't be able to submit all completely up to date documents. I think when we applied for my wife's visa, my most current pay slip was 7 weeks old, it's simply not possible to have anything up to date in most cases.
Hi my wife applied today at the mirpur VAC. I submitted 12 months worth of payslips with the last payslip being dated on 22/08/14 (23 days old) as I get paid 4-weekly.

I would definetly advise to make sure your last payslip is not older than 28 days as there is a high chance of the application being rejected by eco.

Also if you get paid monthly wouldn't you have a payslip for August? Any copies of bank statements need to be stamped and signed by manager at the branch/ bank. Copies of payslips also need to be stamped and signed by a HR manager from where you work or accompanied with a letter stating something on the lines that the copied payslip is accurate copy of the original (this letter needs to company letter headed)

Hope this helps

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Why would you need pay slips stamped? Why would you need original bank statements stamped? You only documents which are not on headed paper to be either stamped/signed, if they are headed, there's no need to waste time on that.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm

arslan123 wrote: So they issue you One straight away and how much does It cost from pakistan?
After you get married the Imam will give you an Urdu one. He is the personw ho's also responsible for registring the marriage in the NADRA database, even if he doesn't do the data entry himself, he will as part of his role make sure it's done.

Speak to the Imam to establish which Union Council office he registered it with and go to them. They will have the original print out, make sure they have put the correct details, as they tend to make many spelling mistakes. I had to get our Nikkah Nama changed 3 times before they finally got it right.

Depending on where you're from it will look similar to this:

http://birthcertificatespakistan.com/wp ... icate1.jpg