ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Moa7

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Moa7 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:04 am

After two emails of "your application has not yet been assessed by an ECO" after sending the same GWF and date of birth, I got this email reply today:

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

I am not able to see any information in the system. Please check your date
of birth and GWF number. If there is no information in our system next week
then we will need to do an escalation.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
Teofana
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

What is this nonsense?
Last edited by Moa7 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 am

Anyone who applied from Lahore, forget call soon you get email give two days and pick your documents. We did same but never received any call from Lahore center.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am

umeraali wrote:Hi,

Ali2014 and Khan 2013 us three applied same time. I have heard they don't like applicants who email too much is that true? How often do you guys chase up?

Hi umeraali, the ukvi email service is run by an external company that has nothing to do with the decision making. You can email them once or a hundred times not go going to affect the decision or the time it takes to make a decision. UKVI look through a database and check what the update is regarding the applicant hence that's why they ask for GWF number and date of birth because no 2 people will have the same GWF number and dob. Only when a case is escalated will the UKVI enquiry service contact the embassy for an update. That's why we all get generic emails because it all depends on what stage they have the applicant on in their database.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:33 am

alil2014 wrote:

Ali2014 and Khan 2013 us three applied same time. I have heard they don't like applicants who email too much is that true? How often do you guys chase up?

Hi umeraali, the ukvi email service is run by an external company that has nothing to do with the decision making. You can email them once or a hundred times not go going to affect the decision or the time it takes to make a decision. UKVI look through a database and check what the update is regarding the applicant hence that's why they ask for GWF number and date of birth because no 2 people will have the same GWF number and dob. Only when a case is escalated will the UKVI enquiry service contact the embassy for an update. That's why we all get generic emails because it all depends on what stage they have the applicant on in their database.

I chase up quite often and have had the case escalated a 2nd time now, the 2nd of which was yesterday. They said they will investigate and get back in contact with me. They will most probably get in contact with BHC and then request and update I imagine.

Lets see what happens.

Applied on the 24th June 2014, hopefully we hear something back soon. The wait is taking too long! :evil:

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:41 am

the_silk_route wrote:
alil2014 wrote:

I chase up quite often and have had the case escalated a 2nd time now, the 2nd of which was yesterday. They said they will investigate and get back in contact with me. They will most probably get in contact with BHC and then request and update I imagine.

Lets see what happens.

Applied on the 24th June 2014, hopefully we hear something back soon. The wait is taking too long! :evil:
I doubt they will take much notice until 24 weeks are up. The UKVI website states that they intend to deal with 95% settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks. Plus the bhc islamabad have got backlogs to deal with too. But inshallah we will all here soon

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:12 am

tallojani wrote:
lahore_lahore_eh wrote:sorry all that was a typo, i mean to say i applied september 2013 not 2014!! :(
lolsss...evn thn best of luck...share ur list of documents wd us :)
May ALLAH G grant visa to us soon
INSHALLAH..

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 am

hey all
any new updates for february cases??
ths waitng game is jusssttt :evil:
m gettng worrd :( wats takng them soo long....i mean 8 mnths wait isnt enough???/ :( they still expct us to wait more??
they have no feeeeelings
people dealing wd settlement cases have no heart :(

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 am

How does the system work are do they rig the place you work at?
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:55 am

Laiba1234 wrote:How does the system work are do they rig the place you work at?
Yes sometimes they may ring your place of work to confirm employment and other work related details.

NaveedYousaf12
Newly Registered

Post by NaveedYousaf12 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:13 am

Hi guys

I have an important information to share with you all to avoid you all from chaos i been through :D

i had applied in Nov-20 , 2013 for spouse visa from lahore

in this whole year i have mailing them about status and got nothing but the templates as you all very well aware of.
today on 22.10.2014 i lost all my patience and visited Lahore visa office (Gerrys i think) where i had submitted my application
and what they said is really shocking

they said they kept my documents for whole month from 11-sep 2014 to 11 oct 2014 and then return back to embassy coz they didn't have my contact details and they couldn't get it from embassy as they have contacted embassy as well.
so depressive
i said them i have paid for the services and have given details to them not to the embassy so y they are just making such kind of excuses. But they also said they hav not any details as their system with old data has been crashed so i gave them details again
so they guy replied very easily that their system has no previous data and they have too many passports without details

so my advise is if someone thinks its been long time to their application and have not been contacted they atleast visit gerry specially lahore applicants
More over who received email that they will call they shouldn't wait they should go themselves after 2 days of the mail bcz next day passport reaches collection office
i dont know wats the result of my application would be ....
i just dont want anybody to be in my situation
i hope this message will help a lot of people
thanks guys need your prayers cos my kids are waiting for me in UK

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 am

I received a email today stating;
We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for an update on the current status of your
visa application. The response states: 'Initial pre assessment and online
verification conducted. Application is in Entry Clearance Officer’s queue
for further assessment and checks/enquiries'. So we suggest you to be
patient. Should we receive any further information specific to your
application, we will relay this directly on to you.

God knows when further checks are going to be made and when the ECO is going to see it. I hope soon inshallah
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:58 am

the_silk_route wrote:
Laiba1234 wrote:How does the system work are do they rig the place you work at?
Yes sometimes they may ring your place of work to confirm employment and other work related details.
My solicitor said if they feel as if something is dodgy they will. However the main thing they check is your tax records to see if its still up to date and that if your still working. Also I work for a company which has different bases so I could pik up shifts at any base. So as far as I am concern I was told if anything they would ring head office if they had any concerns.
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

mooty

Post by mooty » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

tallojani wrote:[quote="haseb
Assalam Alykom tallojani

It's not that simple for me and the visa application is for my wife. My wife is living in Afghanistan, its a long way to Islamabad, my only option is waiting for a call, if i don't get it within this week I may have to call UKVI.
Walikum assalam, oh I didn't realise that. did you know there is a form if your wife signs that form then someone else on her behalf could collect her documents.[/quote]
From where can I get/download this form please?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Moa7 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
lahore_lahore_eh wrote:sorry all that was a typo, i mean to say i applied september 2013 not 2014!! :(
hahahahahaha :( .
Tallojani I liked what you said before :p
I had to change it, thinking it may not be seen as appropriate.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 pm

NaveedYousaf12 wrote:Hi guys

I have an important information to share with you all to avoid you all from chaos i been through :D

in this whole year i have mailing them about status and got nothing but the templates as you all very well aware of.
today on 22.10.2014 i lost all my patience and visited Lahore visa office (Gerrys i think) where i had submitted my application

they said they kept my documents for whole month from 11-sep 2014 to 11 oct 2014 and then return back to embassy coz they didn't have my contact details and they couldn't get it from embassy as they have contacted embassy as well.
so depressive
i said them i have paid for the services and have given details to them not to the embassy so y they are just making such kind of excuses. But they also said they hav not any details as their system with old data has been crashed so i gave them details again
so they guy replied very easily that their system has no previous data and they have too many passports without details

so my advise is if someone thinks its been long time to their application and have not been contacted they atleast visit gerry specially lahore applicants
More over who received email that they will call they shouldn't wait they should go themselves after 2 days of the mail bcz next day passport reaches collection office
I feel u mate ..its v frustrating for u as ur helpless ..so what are they gona do about ur case ..Why do They have to send ur case back ..they ccould have kept it

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:36 pm

[quote="mooty.....Walikum assalam, oh I didn't realise that. did you know there is a form if your wife signs that form then someone else on her behalf could collect her documents.[/quote]
From where can I get/download this form please?[/quote]

there is the link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-letter
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi,

Has anyone checked their application status here
https://www.vfsglobal.org/ukg-passportt ... undefined

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

raholptl wrote:Hi,

Has anyone checked their application status here
https://www.vfsglobal.org/ukg-passportt ... undefined
It comes up with an error.

As far as I'm aware, there is no method to track online anymore apart from emailing the UKVI team via their "contact from outside the UK" webpage?

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Hahahahahha ... oh hoo we all got so excited lol

All the best to you!
Last edited by rudey786 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:43 pm

rudey786 wrote:
Hahahahahha
I was surprised too that they've managed to have such a quick turnaround time!

Congratulations though, may all of us get good news soon InshaAllah!!!!

NaveedYousaf12
Newly Registered

Post by NaveedYousaf12 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:19 pm

@asim khan
they cant keep more than 30 days thats y they returned
They said they have emailed embassy now and advised me to come next week again

Sofroon
Newly Registered

Post by Sofroon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Hiya all

Need some help feeling low. As most of you might b aware i my husband had a telephone interview with basic questions n thn was told our centre will call us for collection soon this was last friday, today is wed n still no sign im getting worried any suggestions? No email either!!!!

Its sooo frustrating....

Sofroon
Newly Registered

Post by Sofroon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Applied 19 feb 2014
Lahore
Not on hold

blumango

Post by blumango » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Sofroon wrote:Hiya all

Need some help feeling low. As most of you might b aware i my husband had a telephone interview with basic questions n thn was told our centre will call us for collection soon this was last friday, today is wed n still no sign im getting worried any suggestions? No email either!!!!

Its sooo frustrating....

sis, don't worry. look at my t/l.

my wife was interviewed july and was promised a rfc within a week. 3 months later nothing. I had to force a ECM to bring up my case and make a decision.

my main worry was could the eco refuse on the basis that my wife couldn't understand the questions in English. I will tell you now they cannot refuse your application because your spouse wasn't able to understand the q's. the only requirement is your spouse passes a1 test. however, just like in my case the eco had to undertake further checks to establish the authinicity of the English certificate.

so don't worry, they have already decided on your case regardless how your husband responded to the interview.
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm

NaveedYousaf12 wrote:Hi guys

so depressive

Thts scary and strange :o
I applied on 27th feb 2014...waitng since..m thnkng to call them tomorrw i mean gerry islamabad..