ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

OOA
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by OOA » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello snasaa,
How do you escalate a case, can you let me know the ways you can contact them and ask for an update please?
thanks

guestxyz
Newly Registered

Post by guestxyz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:50 pm

snasaa wrote:Congratulation guestxyz. May Allah gives you and you wife a happy married life. Ameen!

When did you first escalated your case. I just escalated my wife case recently. Do you reckon I should request for another escalation for my wife case if I don't hear anything by next week?

Thank you for the well wishes.

I suggest you guys should keep on sending request every week at least one query a week. and every time you escalate it, ask for the escalation ID so that you know its a real escalation and not giving you a TOPI. next time/week you contact them again and refer to the previous escalation ID(s). In that way if you have go through the MP then you should have sound evidences that you have in contact with them and these are the escalation numbers.

the agent won't escalate your case until the time line of 24 weeks has reached. In my case we I had mine after 22 weeks but I called them and they said "we (Indian - Call service agent) can't do anything however, I can escalate it that's the best thing i can do. but this doesn't mean that they will pick up your case. You will be luck if they pick up"

hope this is helpful.
All the best !

snasaa
Newly Registered

Post by snasaa » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks guestxyz for your reply. This is very helpful.

OOA - you can only request escalation through email to ukvi.

mooty

Post by mooty » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:20 pm

guestxyz wrote:Assalamwalikum Brothers n Sisters,

I've been following this forum for the past 4-5 months actively. Alhumdulillah my wife got the visa today however, the mental stress we have gone through during this process is something you can't explain in words. Let me share my case here just for those who wish seek more info or wants a bit of a relief.

I got married (nikkah on 31st March), applied for my wife's smart NICOP and new Passport.
application submitted on 15th April 2014. then a long pause until 15th October 2014. what a shame this is.
I've escalated this case 3 times with UKVI, Also contacted my local MP which took 3 weeks to get a response from them.

In my view, the agents who are dealing with your requests email requests or phone calls has nothing to do with the visa application status. They have a standard reply which I read on this forum as well, that's exactly what I get as well, even on the phone I made calls which cost me £23 for 12min (what a waste of money) has made no change/impact on escalations.

The fact is UKVI staff are lazy and idle to do their jobs. I totally agree with the comments/critics raised by one of our brother early on this forum by "cruiser2014". We all should complaint against them.

My point is if you pay that huge amount of money to someone in private in this country, they would do their best to deal with your situation and resolve the service within the committed time. but since UK is making money out this BUSINESS so why would they bother to improve or take actions on such things which is a money making machine for them.

back to the point, if anyone needs any sort of assistance/help, feel free to give me a shout.

I wish you all the best and good luck for your cases !

Kind Regards,
/Z.
Congratulations. Great to hear that April applications are being looked at. Could you please outline the supporting documents you have supplied and what category have you applied? General impression in this forum is that easier cases are dealt more swiftly compare to other cases.

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 pm

th3 wrote:haseb: All the best brother, really happy for you beyond words.

*Anxiously waiting*
Assalam alikum th3

Jazakallah for the kind words and I wish you all the best, Inshallah you too will hear good news. Have faith in Allah and be patient (i know its difficult) and Inshallah the outcome will be sweet.

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:22 pm

snasaa wrote:Congrats Haseb!

May I know how many people had their case escalated recently and they are still waiting to hear from ukvi.

Please tell me when was ur case escalated.
Thank you, I had my wife's case escalated on 26/09/2014 and on the 16/10/2014 they visa application was processed. I would recommend you and everyone here that you email them once a month and thats what I used to do to get update. It wont help emailing them every week as you will waste your own time and make it even more difficult for yourself.

All the best to you and I pray that you and everyone here get reunited with their loved ones.

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Moa7 wrote:Congrats Haseb! What a joy it must be after a wait of 7 months, wish you all the best!

Really hope it doesn't take them this long once the backlog is cleared though. I'm still clinging to the hope of hearing something by Jan-Feb 2015.
Jazakallah Moa7, its been a long wait but one that was worth it alhamdulilallah.
Inshallah you as well as everyone here will get their visa at some point. Have faith, stay strong and try to be patient (found it very difficult myself) and Inshallah you will be reunited with your spouse.

haseb
Newly Registered

Post by haseb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Asim khan wrote:I am so happy for u haseeb ..congratulations mate ... What was ur timeline again ..
Assalam alikum Asim Khan!

JazakAllahu khair brother for your kind words, I see you have found that out and yes it took them 7 long months wait from the date of submission that was on the 27th of march 2014. I will pray for you and everyone here and Inshallah you too will be reunited with your spouse.

guestxyz
Newly Registered

Post by guestxyz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 pm

mooty wrote:
guestxyz wrote:Assalamwalikum Brothers n Sisters,

I've been following this forum for the past 4-5 months actively. Alhumdulillah my wife got the visa today however, the mental stress we have gone through during this process is something you can't explain in words. Let me share my case here just for those who wish seek more info or wants a bit of a relief.

I got married (nikkah on 31st March), applied for my wife's smart NICOP and new Passport.
application submitted on 15th April 2014. then a long pause until 15th October 2014. what a shame this is.
I've escalated this case 3 times with UKVI, Also contacted my local MP which took 3 weeks to get a response from them.

In my view, the agents who are dealing with your requests email requests or phone calls has nothing to do with the visa application status. They have a standard reply which I read on this forum as well, that's exactly what I get as well, even on the phone I made calls which cost me £23 for 12min (what a waste of money) has made no change/impact on escalations.

The fact is UKVI staff are lazy and idle to do their jobs. I totally agree with the comments/critics raised by one of our brother early on this forum by "cruiser2014". We all should complaint against them.

My point is if you pay that huge amount of money to someone in private in this country, they would do their best to deal with your situation and resolve the service within the committed time. but since UK is making money out this BUSINESS so why would they bother to improve or take actions on such things which is a money making machine for them.

back to the point, if anyone needs any sort of assistance/help, feel free to give me a shout.

I wish you all the best and good luck for your cases !

Kind Regards,
/Z.
Congratulations. Great to hear that April applications are being looked at. Could you please outline the supporting documents you have supplied and what category have you applied? General impression in this forum is that easier cases are dealt more swiftly compare to other cases.
thanks dude ! I don't know if I'm breaching this forum's rules but here is what I provided to the embassy for my wife's application. The intention is purely to help others who needs assistance, if you wish you copy and past for yours (for those who are applying as fresh application) the details:
------------------------------

British High Commission,
P O Box 1122 Street 4,
Islamabad 44000, Pakistan
xx April 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Mrs. XYZ – Pakistan – Date Of Birth (xxrd Sept 19xx)

I Mrs XYZ request to be granted status as a spouse settlement (wife).

In support of this application, please find enclosed:

• Completed online application form reference :GWFxxxxxxxxx
• 2 x Pakistani passport (passport number xxxxxxxxx old/xxxxxxxxx new)
• Original Pakistani ID card – Smart NICOP (ID card number 12345-1234567-8)
• Sponsorship Undertaking from Mr ABC (Form SU07/12)
• Original UK Pre-Departure TB Detection medical certificate (Cert No: ISB123456)
• Original IELTS certificate, over all band 7.5, Candidate Number 001234
• Spouse sponsorship letter from my husband Mr ABC

1) Evidence of my husband’s UK residency

• Official notarised copies of my husband ABC passport (Passport number: AB12345678) and Indefinite leave to remain in UK (Residence Permit: xx1234567)
• Original letter from Home Office stating Mr ABC’s Indefinite leave to remain

2) Evidence of my husband’s economic activities in the UK

• Original letter from EFG Ltd UK confirming that Mr ABC is currently an employee as a 123 Engineer (Telecommunications). This role commenced on the xxth Sept 20xx. Mr ABC’s annual base salary is £xxxxx.00
• Original 6 x wage slips from xx-10-2013 to xx-03-2014
• Original 5 x P60 from 2008-09 to 2012-13
• Original Barclays bank statements (current and savings account) from xx Sept 2013 to xx Mar 2014 showing a balance over xxxx.xx GBP (saving account) and current account showing salaries from Ericsson Ltd UK that tally with the wage slips.

3) Evidence of UK accommodation

• Original Assured short hold Tenancy agreement from xxst Nov 2013 to xxst Oct 2014
• Original consent letter from Landlord. This confirms that Mr. ABC currently rents a property in xxx, Oxford. This confirms that there are 2 double bedrooms and 1 study room therefore is sufficient room for Mrs xyz to reside in this property
• Original Council Tax letter for the period of (xx-Apr-2014 to xx-Mar-2015) for the above property in Oxford
• Utility Bills – Electricity, Phone & Broadband

4) Evidence that I Mrs XYZ has met her sponsor

• Original marriage registration certificate –Gov. of Pakistan
• Original Nikkah Nama
• Photos of the wedding ceremony
• Communication/Calls/Chat history (Skype)/gifts exchange receipts for Mrs XYZ and ABC. These documents confirm that my husband Mr ABC remains in contact with me (Mrs XYZ) on a regular basis.

5) Funds

• Original Barclays bank statements (current and savings account) from xx Sept 2013 to xx Mar 2014 showing a balance over xxxx.xx GBP (saving account) and current account. These documents confirm that for the last 6 months my husband Mr ABC has held sufficient funds to be able to financially support Mrs XYZ. These funds are readily available to Mr ABC.

To concur, the documentation provided clearly establishes that I Mrs XYZ aptitude for treatment as a dependant under spouse settlement (wife) category due to the following reasons:

1) I Mrs XYZ is legally married to Mr ABC and has met my husband
2) My husband Mr ABC holds an indefinite leave to remain UK
3) My husband Mr ABC is employed in the UK and is on a base salary of over £xxxxx.xx
4) My husband Mr ABC has established UK accommodation that is sufficient for Mrs XYZ
5) My husband Mr ABC has sufficient funds to support myself (Mrs XYZ) in the UK, and has proven that he has held over £xxxx.xx in his account for the last 6 months
6) Photo copies of all the above documents

I would be grateful if permission could be granted as requested for status as a settlement spouse (wife), in line with Mr ABC. Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me or my husband Mr ABC.

Kind regards,

Mrs XYZ
0092 333 xxxxxxx
0092 333 xxxxxxx
0044 xxx xxxxxxx
------------------------------------

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi I have some news just spoke to a friend of mine and her cousin applied for visa 26th April and visa was granted today..also have heard from various people that ukba will not be taking any more application after this month so they can sort all the submitted cases..has anyone else heard this?
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Congratulations to all those who have been granted their spousal visa's. It's news like this which gives me hope my wife's will be soon.

2nd Application submitted 30th May 2014 CAT A + CAT D. Been too far apart now, each day is a struggle. Contacted UKVI 3 days a go now to ask for an update; no response. Absolutely appalling service.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:59 pm

prayforus wrote:Congratulations to all those who have been granted their spousal visa's. It's news like this which gives me hope my wife's will be soon.

2nd Application submitted 30th May 2014 CAT A + CAT D. Been too far apart now, each day is a struggle. Contacted UKVI 3 days a go now to ask for an update; no response. Absolutely appalling service.
Inshallah you and the rest of us will here very soon with good news. That is very odd UKVI should atleast tell you what stage your application is at when you email them but then again we are talking about the UKVI.

Nice to see a lot of people having received their visas.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi I Also just received a response back from them n they said visa application takes 15 working days from escalation.. But it is not guaranteed

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

rizzy
Newly Registered

Post by rizzy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm

I could someone help me I'm going to send of all the document soon for my husband to apply again for spouse visa.. My question is do I need to inspect my house again or would the old one work dated in march 2013

tiredwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by tiredwaiting » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 pm

Im waiting for a decision still. Applied 28th Feb 2014 CAT A- 2 Jobs, was escalated last week and the following response received this week:

"pre-assessment and online verification conducted - Under process for further enquiries/checks."

Anyone know what this means?

guestxyz
Newly Registered

Post by guestxyz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 pm

rizzy wrote:I could someone help me I'm going to send of all the document soon for my husband to apply again for spouse visa.. My question is do I need to inspect my house again or would the old one work dated in march 2013
2 things,
A- House inspection report is optional and not mandatory as long as your landlord/state agent provides a cover letter that this house/flat has x number of rooms, bath, etc. and is sufficient for the couple who is going to live here. I've not provided any of such inspection report. Got my wife's visa without this doc. but if you wish you could provide it.
B- The guide line says you must not provide any document which is older then 30 days, it is as equivalent as sponsor's bank statement, can you apply with the old bank statements ? I'm sure NO. so either you don't provide it or if you are doing it, spend few quid on it and get an updated letter from the same place you got at the first point !
hope this answers the query !

all the best.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am considering applying for spouse visa for my wife soon. I read a few posts about long waiting times for entry clearance applications lodged in Pakistan. I found this in BHC in Islamabad website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... ment-visas

You may have already seen it but sounds like they put settlement applications on hold since July, because of a legal challenge, and have recently started looking at them again! So those waiting for their partners visa, it shouldnt take you long now!

I will apply next couple of months, I dont know what this means for the new applications!

guestxyz
Newly Registered

Post by guestxyz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 pm

tiredwaiting wrote:Im waiting for a decision still. Applied 28th Feb 2014 CAT A- 2 Jobs, was escalated last week and the following response received this week:

"pre-assessment and online verification conducted - Under process for further enquiries/checks."

Anyone know what this means?
This is a very standard response and another TOPI ! you need to ask them for the escalation ID, so that next time you can refer. and write down to Contact UKVI Visa department to provide an update and not those agents. I reckon they get paid by the response they provide (that's my guess I may be wrong) and not to escalate it unless necessary.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:16 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:Hi I have some news just spoke to a friend of mine and her cousin applied for visa 26th April and visa was granted today..also have heard from various people that ukba will not be taking any more application after this month so they can sort all the submitted cases..has anyone else heard this?
Hmmm not too sure about that? I don't think they can stop people making applications for UK visas - that would be big!!

Congrats Haseb MashaAllah great news ... stay strong guys!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:31 am

rudey786 wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:Hi I have some news just spoke to a friend of mine and her cousin applied for visa 26th April and visa was granted today..also have heard from various people that ukba will not be taking any more application after this month so they can sort all the submitted cases..has anyone else heard this?
Hmmm not too sure about that? I don't think they can stop people making applications for UK visas - that would be big!!

Congrats Haseb MashaAllah great news ... stay strong guys!
No I didn't say they would stop..I said they will stop taking applications after October for a few weeks to clear backlog as they are not meeting their standards.

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

Girl786

Post by Girl786 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 am

2nd Application submitted 30th May 2014 CAT A + CAT D. Been too far apart now, each day is a struggle. Contacted UKVI 3 days a go now to ask for an update; no response. Absolutely appalling service.[/quote]

OmG seriously . Even reapplied & paying alot again thy tke hell of time . Well this immigration system is so bloody crap . I reapplied as well now 23 october i think again 6 months wait . I guess u ill hear soon in november bc i had recived an email in which thy said thy ill take 24 weeks nw.

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:07 am

Hi all
anyone knw islamabad jerry number??? I called thm just to find out about my passport but they didnt pick up :(
i called them on ds nmbr 051 2285623 but they are not answrng
Anybdy knws any nmbr other den ds???

Tomz123
Newly Registered

Post by Tomz123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:14 pm

My wife applied on April in Islamabad and we got a call yesterday to collect our passport, it was refused.

The reason was that we submitted 7 months payslips, first one was for 5 days and when they added the average gross income it came to 17k (although I had a letter from employer saying i am on 19k and my contract stated my start date).

Now they have asked me to appeal with new evidence etc.. Does anyone know how long the appeal is going to take or is it a good idea to put a fresh application?

I have also changed jobs since a month now so do I need to mention that for appeal/reapply?

mooty

Post by mooty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Tomz123 wrote:My wife applied on April in Islamabad and we got a call yesterday to collect our passport, it was refused.

The reason was that we submitted 7 months payslips, first one was for 5 days and when they added the average gross income it came to 17k (although I had a letter from employer saying i am on 19k and my contract stated my start date).

Now they have asked me to appeal with new evidence etc.. Does anyone know how long the appeal is going to take or is it a good idea to put a fresh application?

I have also changed jobs since a month now so do I need to mention that for appeal/reapply?
It's really disappointing to hear the bad news of refusal. Best luck for future application or appeal. Can you please give us more detail of your refusal? Thanks in advance.

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Tomz123 wrote:My wife applied on April in Islamabad and we got a call yesterday to collect our passport, it was refused.

So sorry about ur refusal...i thnk u shud reapply.cz appeal is a verrry lenghty process...it takes more then one year for sure...
Can u tell me the numbr frm which u receivd call??
And on which date u applied???
Dnt wry Allah g plans best fr u...evrythng happns fr a reasn...atleast they replyd u within 6 mnths...
INSHALLAH evrybdy will meet their spouse soon