ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tabir
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Tabir » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:22 am

Shreen wrote:Can someone please tell me when i should be hearing from the ukvi about my application processed as i escalated my case on tuesday and got a reply yesterday saying "application concluded and wait for you application to be sent to vac in due course"
You applied on 30th oct, so hopefully in the comjng week. Dun worry. And all the best :)

Maria123
Newly Registered

Post by Maria123 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:39 am

Hi guys..... Sorry been busy sorting things out with my husbands appeal because my employer going on holiday tomorrow so had to get the letter from him today.....

Bdw Moqas1234 congratulations.... Really happy for you.

Ray20 thanks alot for your letter.... It was very very helpful..... I will submit the appeal next week InshAllah.
Its very nice to see that there are still helpful people out there speacially people on this forum.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 am

Tabir wrote:
Shreen wrote:Can someone please tell me when i should be hearing from the ukvi about my application processed as i escalated my case on tuesday and got a reply yesterday saying "application concluded and wait for you application to be sent to vac in due course"
You applied on 30th oct, so hopefully in the comjng week. Dun worry. And all the best :)

Yh i applied on 30tg oct so jus waiting for the emails nw inshallah nxt week :) looks like they will be starting to work on novembers applicant so they should start hearing in the nxt 2 weeks :) ....... Is anyone else left who applied in october and havent had their application processed still ??????!!

uf881
Newly Registered

Post by uf881 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:28 am

Shreen wrote:
Tabir wrote:

Yh i applied on 30tg oct so jus waiting for the emails nw inshallah nxt week :) looks like they will be starting to work on novembers applicant so they should start hearing in the nxt 2 weeks :) ....... Is anyone else left who applied in october and havent had their application processed still ??????!!
Hi Shreen, can I please ask what is the process for escalating the application. I know the details that I must provide however, if you could tell me which email address I need to send these details to, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10 am

saf786 wrote:
akhan48 wrote:
saf786 wrote:Hey I was reading all the comments regarding the differences on a payslip and how much gets paid into the account and I double checked mine. In October I got paid about £20 less because I was off sick .. But my manages hand write it on the payslip '-10 hours' but still my payslip says a different amount and my cheque which was paid into my account is a different amount . Now this different didn't effevt the amount I earned that month as I am self employed as well and I earned more than £1550.. But I'm reading everybodies comments and I'm becoming 2 minded.

I havnt applied as yet as I am preparing for my application to submit in April/may

please please can someone tell me that would this effect my application and if it does what can I do about it so it doesn't cause a problem ?

Please and thank you x
If there is a difference between your wage slip and what actually went into your account, I would strongly suggest you get a letter from your employer to explain the reason. I would also be asking them to write a letter confirming that the wage slip is genuine since it's been altered by hand. With regards to your self-employment activities, it is largely irrelevant since your applying on the basis of your employment income, which I'm assuming is over the threshold?
Thank u for replying
I was hoping to apply with both jobs as both wages added together meet the threshold .. ? Self employed and part time employment
In that case someone with experience of doing this might be able to advise you better, as I applied only on the basis of my employment income. However the issue still stands with your wage slips not matching what went into your account. That would still need an explanatory letter from your employer, as people on here have been refused visas due to just 20p difference between what's on the wage slip and what went into their account.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

@uff881

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

Jus ask them to escalate your case and give them all your details

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Optimus Prime » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Shreen wrote:
Tabir wrote:

Hi Shreen,

My wife is still waiting for her visa to come through. We applied on 24th October in Karachi, it has been just over 13 weeks now so we're hoping that week 14 is the lucky number! I don't know if there is anybody on this forum who applied in Karachi in October apart from my wife?

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Optimus prime you shud escalate it again ... I think karachi is the one thats behind at the moment but inshallah you should hear soon :)

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:20 pm

please guide me about counting days
from when appeal days start counting??
1) the day we submit appeal?? ( like we did on 27 oct)
or
2) from the date applicant get tribunal letter regardung15 weeks of
review deadline?? (like we got letter with date written 17 december

Jazakallah
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:26 pm

phaara wrote:please guide me about counting days
or

Jazakallah
The review deadline is for the ECO to reconsider the decision for the reasons the visa was refused. So if u do not hear back before this date, I presume u will then be given a court date which is usually in 6 mnths..

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Hi Shreen,

My wife is still waiting for her visa to come through. We applied on 24th October in Karachi, it has been just over 13 weeks now so we're hoping that week 14 is the lucky number! I don't know if there is anybody on this forum who applied in Karachi in October apart from my wife?
We did, and also still waiting for it to be processed

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:
phaara wrote:please guide me about counting days
or

Jazakallah
The review deadline is for the ECO to reconsider the decision for the reasons the visa was refused. So if u do not hear back before this date, I presume u will then be given a court date which is usually in 6 mnths..
Yes i know that
Thankyou for reply but my question is from which date they will start counting my appeal timeline
From oct 27
Or from 18 dec
Thankyou
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 pm

akhan48 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
Hi Shreen,

We did, and also still waiting for it to be processed

Dnt worri inshallah ull hear soon :) i jus cant wait for nxt week to get the emails and all this wait to be over its killing me !!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 am

Hi Shreen, can I please ask what is the process for escalating the application. I know the details that I must provide however, if you could tell me which email address I need to send these details to, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.
This request fro "Escalation" is a waste of time. Nothing is escalated on the request of the applicant requesting it, otherwise every Pakistani applicant will be asking for it. Application is a lengthy and detailed process.It only escalates further after the Officers making all the inquiries has completed that inquiry. That will only happen if the people from whom they are making their inquiries respond to te information they want.

For your inf, here is the process on how applicants are dealt with.
Ok folks you want to know what happen when you have lodged your application. This information is supplied to me by a very close friend who is very knowledgeable in the procedures.

After you hand your application into Gerry’s, they keep the copy file and the original is sent of the British Embassy. Some time this can take up to a week to get there as they have to be a certain number of applications because they are transported in a high security van.

Once they get to the British embassy, they are sorted out in date order an placed in locked storage until such time it is allocated to one of the Pakistani staff to make checks and inquiries in Pakistan about the applicant background.

All documents provided in Pakistan are checked and rechecked for their authentic and originality. Inquires and checks are made with various Pakistani government depts., schools, employers, Police and some time field visits to the applicants town or village are required if they is any doubt.

Most people know that things don’t move fast in Pakistan (if at all sometimes) these checks can take a good few weeks (even longer s there is the slightest doubt in application).

Once these checks are made and notes added to files, they are passed onto another person in another team, who then carries out checks on the Sponsor and the docs they have provided.

This person carries out the checks on the sponsors employers with HMRC, with the employers themselves, Police records, checks with Dept of Work and Pensions and the local Council on the individual themselves.

Once this is done, it is passed onto a third team whose job is to check the authenticity of the documents and works out whether the applicant meets the financial requirements depending on which category they apply.

Once this is one, it is passed onto the Entry Clearance Officer who will take intro consideration all the notes made by his other colleagues and then make the final decision to either grant or refuse the visa.

Once he has done this it is passed onto a team who will make arrangements to return the documents back to Gerry’s. In most but not all cases they inform the applicant or the sponsor the decision has been made and the docs will be returned to Gerry’s from where they can be collected.

Gerry’s will the either phone, write or send an email to applicant/their sponsor to come in and collect their docs. Remember Gerry’s don’t know whether the visa has been granted or refused as it comes in a sealed envelope.

Only when the applicant opens the envelope, they find out their fate.

Some of you ask why some take so long whilst other get sorted out within a few months. The answer is that no TWO applications are the same.

Each application takes different times when these checks are being made. This could be a result of no response from the people from whom the inquiries are being made with, or that as a result of one inquiry, it leads to other questions being asked from others. This drags out the matter even further.

Having worked in Government organizations myself in the UK for a good 20 years, believe me things do not happen quickly

Certain application are well written and presented in the correct format and with all the docs provided and cross referenced. This make s the job easier and quicker for those looking at the files. All the documents are provided and look genuine and just a quick glance by an experienced officer, knows that everything about the application is right.

There are certain applications that they get , which just do not look right from the very first glance. Documents are not worded correctly ( eg Employment letter is a classic example). Bank statements and wage slips do not match up, the amount of earnings that is required, does not add up, application made under wrong category etc.

Remember one thing and that is The Entry Clearance Officer ASSUMES that all applicants are liars…..the onus is on YOU to prove them wrong.

They have a very small amount of flexibility to be generous and overlook certain things, but more than one or two small errors, they will not let you off.

From experience and reading the refusals of people who post here, it looks like if you are self employed or work for a family or for an Asian employer, your application is likely to be scrutinized more than if you work for a well known company or public services.

I mean not many Asian firms in the restaurant or shops business pay the minimum wage let alone 18600 for a salary

I can understand why all these applications are carefully scrutinized .Unfortunately we Asian peoples have a habit of bending the rules slightly even though there is a straight forward way. We have a habit providing documents which are not genuine, when it is easier to say that these documents are not available.

We tell a small lie to start off with, but this small lie leads to more and bigger lies. We must learn to be honest and abide with the rules and laws of the land we live in

Hope this helps to explain the procedure, the reasons for the length of time differs for each application. You must learn to be patient. the average wait from Pakistan is nearly 6 months. So whilst you wait for your application to be dealt with, just carry on with life as normal and when Allah wills and decides your destiny, you will know.
https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:58 pm

@Optimus Prime

What was the outcome of your escalation on the 2nd January?

uf881
Newly Registered

Post by uf881 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Shreen wrote:@uff881

Hi Shreen, sorry to bother you again, I just wanted to ask, you know from the options that they give you i.e: I would like a status update or I would like to ask a question... does it matter about which one I select when asking to escalate my case? Thanks.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:54 pm

uf881 wrote:

Hi Shreen, sorry to bother you again, I just wanted to ask, you know from the options that they give you i.e: I would like a status update or I would like to ask a question... does it matter about which one I select when asking to escalate my case? Thanks.
Its ok :) u need to choose "update on status" x

uf881
Newly Registered

Post by uf881 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Shreen wrote:
uf881 wrote:

Its ok :) u need to choose "update on status" x
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Optimus Prime » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:46 pm

akhan48 wrote:@Optimus Prime

What was the outcome of your escalation on the 2nd January?
All they said was that they sent the information to the relevant department. Biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. Didn't tell us what is happening, where my application is, or any sort of timeline. What batleykhan wrote was spot-on! Everything seems to go through layer upon layer of scrutiny. I reckon the reason why Karachi takes longer is because of the sheer distance from Karachi to Islamabad. If everything is getting transported in high security vans, then it must take longer to deliver applications to and from Karachi than from other cities like Lahore and Mirpur which are geographically closer to Islamabad. It's just a theory though, don't really have any proof to back it up :/

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:03 am

akhan48 wrote:
saf786 wrote:Hey I was reading all the comments regarding the differences on a payslip and how much gets paid into the account and I double checked mine. In October I got paid about £20 less because I was off sick .. But my manages hand write it on the payslip '-10 hours' but still my payslip says a different amount and my cheque which was paid into my account is a different amount . Now this different didn't effevt the amount I earned that month as I am self employed as well and I earned more than £1550.. But I'm reading everybodies comments and I'm becoming 2 minded.

I havnt applied as yet as I am preparing for my application to submit in April/may

please please can someone tell me that would this effect my application and if it does what can I do about it so it doesn't cause a problem ?

Please and thank you x

If there is a difference between your wage slip and what actually went into your account, I would strongly suggest you get a letter from your employer to explain the reason. I would also be asking them to write a letter confirming that the wage slip is genuine since it's been altered by hand. With regards to your self-employment activities, it is largely irrelevant since your applying on the basis of your employment income, which I'm assuming is over the threshold?
]

Salaam guys

I have just read this , my husbands December payslip is different to what actually had been paid in i think its an error obviously. What i wanted to ask was can't he just get a new wage slips that matches whats been paid in the bank its a slight small difference on the wage slip it says £1375.69 and he got paid £1357.89 - its an accountant error i think. What would you guys advise ?
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

ak_786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ak_786 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:26 am

Maria123 wrote:Hi everyone

My husbands visa has also been refused today because of the same reasons that Ak_786 and Ket1 got but its really annoying because we do actually meet the financial requirement just a differnce of one wage slip as from bank statement as I got paid £2.00 extra. Going to see a solicitor on Monday to see what can be done next.

Sorry to hear about your husbands visa refusal, i know how you would be feeling at the moment. But whatever happens is allah swt will and its for our better. So have patience sister and ive spoken to a lawyer about my situation and he is confident that a senior eco will review this and overturn it as im overpaid not underpaid. Just get a letter from your employer explaining this mistake and a letter from yourself. My lawyer said admin review by Senior eco takes 19 weeks (5 months) as was the case with sister ray 20 whose application was reviewed and overturned.

ak_786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ak_786 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 am

[quote="Maria123"]Ray20 help would be appreciated.

AK_786 are you going to appeal ir re apply[/quote

I am going to appeal as if i reapply i am sure they will pick on some other petty reasons. Im alsi confident that this will get overturned in admin review so it shouldn't go to court as it will cost ukba and they know judge will see common sense first.

ak_786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ak_786 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:39 am

Your welcome in sha Allah they should overturn the decision in Your case too I will remember you and the rest in my duas[/quote]

Thanks sister, also if possible could you pm the ltrs as well so i know if ive done it correctly.

ak_786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ak_786 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:52 am

ak_786 wrote:Your welcome in sha Allah they should overturn the decision in Your case too I will remember you and the rest in my duas

Thanks sister, also if possible could you pm the ltrs as well so i know if ive done it correctly.[/quote]

I mean pm me the same ltrs you pm Maria 123 as im in the same boat and want to make sure i have written correct letters

Tabir
Newly Registered

Post by Tabir » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 am

Yayyyyyyy Alhamdulillah got my visa today. Sooo happyyyyy. Thanks to anyone and wveryone who prayed. And for those waiting Insha Allah u guys will hear gooodd news soon :))))