ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aminoacid88

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by aminoacid88 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 am

sean2606 wrote:
aminoacid88 wrote:
Shreen wrote:@aminoacid ....

What was the outcome in the end of ur email? Did u go collect ur visa ??????
Hi Shreen,
I still haven't received any email from BHC. It's unbelievable that 2 weeks ago my update said its processed. Like the people in the forum said - Karachi is taking way too long. My 12 weeks are up next Thursday ... I really hope I get something soon!!
Good luck to you - hope you hear something soon!
@aminoacid88 Have you tried ringing them and asking them why is it taking this long as it had been processed 2 weeks ago? Must be really difficult knowing hat it has been processed but not yet received a visa, hope you do get a positive reply this week.
I actually just called them. Even the guy said th decision was made a long tim ago so you should have your passport by now. He told me he will escalate it. So now my case is escalated... You're right.. Waiting sucks!
I see you've applied from Karachi as well.. Inshallah yours should go smoothly. Best thing we can do is wait and pray

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:13 am

@aminoacid88 Have you tried ringing them and asking them why is it taking this long as it had been processed 2 weeks ago? Must be really difficult knowing hat it has been processed but not yet received a visa, hope you do get a positive reply this week.[/quote]

I actually just called them. Even the guy said th decision was made a long tim ago so you should have your passport by now. He told me he will escalate it. So now my case is escalated... You're right.. Waiting sucks!
I see you've applied from Karachi as well.. Inshallah yours should go smoothly. Best thing we can do is wait and pray[/quote][/quote]

Hope an pray all goes well for you aminoacid. Just waiting for next week when my 2 months are up (on bank holiday monday grrr) to ask for an update. On the gov.uk site it says 90% of applications from Karachi are process within 60 days and 100% within 90 days. I am sure there are loads more of people who have applied from Khi but are not on this forum but the handful of us from khi that are on here it doesn't really seem like the 90% if you know what i mean.

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:28 am

Asalaamu alaikum....does anyone have a list of required documents if your self employed or are a director of company...I've tried looking on this forum but wasn't able to find it...or if anyone has a link of where I could get such a list.....thank uuuuuu
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

Tazmaniaa

Post by Tazmaniaa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Hyaaa
Can someone please tell me.what needs to in the letter from my employer??
1st application:applied nov 2012
Refused: Feb 2013

2nd application:applied oct 2013
Refused:sept 2014

Appeal submitted 26th sept......

March2015

Post by March2015 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Tazmaniaa wrote:Hyaaa
Please see below:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Hope this helps

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Salaam all

I emailed the uk visa enquiry for an update on my husbands visa application. I received a reply saying the application has been processed and a decision has been made.

Does anyone know how long it take to get a call for the collection of passport. Remember us in your duas all.

Shahfaisal

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 pm

SHAHFAISAL wrote:Salaam all

I emailed the uk visa enquiry for an update on my husbands visa application. I received a reply saying the application has been processed and a decision has been made.

Does anyone know how long it take to get a call for the collection of passport. Remember us in your duas all.

Shahfaisal

Hey it could take as long as 2 weeks ... When did u escalate ur case ? And what is ur timeline please ?

Tazmaniaa

Post by Tazmaniaa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 pm

March2015 wrote:
Please see below:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Hope this helps
Thankyouuu.x

salma123aslam

Post by salma123aslam » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Tazmania and updates on your appeal, on your timeline it says sept 2014
Application submitted mirpur 26th november 2014
Application forwarded to islamabad on 26th november 2014
6/02/2015 visa rejected :(
16/02/2015 sent application for appeal
28/03/2015 received pending appeal notice
Review deadline 8th july 2015

khani

Post by khani » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:40 pm

HELP HELP PLEASE

Hope you all hear good news soon, I need some help regarding filling the application. I did my Nikah online in 2012, but marriage was consummated in last December. So according to marriage certificate it is in 2012, Is it the same date I have to mention in the application for marriage date ? would they object how marriage was done while I was in UK. ???? ANY Help will be appreciated.

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 pm

khani wrote:HELP HELP PLEASE

Hope you all hear good news soon, I need some help regarding filling the application. I did my Nikah online in 2012, but marriage was consummated in last December. So according to marriage certificate it is in 2012, Is it the same date I have to mention in the application for marriage date ? would they object how marriage was done while I was in UK. ???? ANY Help will be appreciated.
Hi

You have to get you Nikka authenticated has that been done?

I know my husband had to do that. Are you able to do that with an online Nikkah? To be honest I haven't heard of an online Nikka before.

All the information you provide has to be backed up with credible documents. I don't know if BHC will accept it.

I don't know if this helps...

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:18 pm

A marriage over the Internet/ phone is classed as a proxy marriage, this as far as I know is not accepted by UKVI As it's not recognised as a marriage In the UK and so the visa will be refused. The only way around this is to either apply for a fiancé visa or to carry out another Nikah in Pakistan and have that registered, then apply with the new nikahnama.

If you do use your current nikahnama as part of the evidence you will be expected to show that you were together at the time of the marriage in the form of passport stamps or travel tickets and that's where the issue is because no such evidence exists

EDIT: I HAVE READ THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES ON PROXY MARRIAGES AND IT SEEMS THAT THE MARRIAGE WILL BE RECOGNISED IF IT IS RECOGNISED IN THE COUNTRY IT TOOK PLACE IN/ REGISTERED IN. HOWEVER IT ALSO STATES THAT IF ONE OF THE PARTIES WAS FROM THE UK THEN IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED AS THE UK DOESN'T RECOGNISE PROXY MARRIAGES.

HAVE READ OF PAGE 7 AND 8 OF THE FOLLOWING UKBA GUIDANCE DOCUMENT (ESPECIALLY PART 13.3.2 WHICH APPLIES TO YOUR CASE):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rriage.pdf
Last edited by alil2014 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

khani

Post by khani » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:21 pm

auntsally wrote:

Hi

You have to get you Nikka authenticated has that been done?

I know my husband had to do that. Are you able to do that with an online Nikkah? To be honest I haven't heard of an online Nikka before.

All the information you provide has to be backed up with credible documents. I don't know if BHC will accept it.

I don't know if this helps...
Online Nikah is same as telephonic Nikah used to be, Yes Nikkah is registered and authenticated by NADRA as per the law, and the marriage certificate is dated the same, since Nikah date is considered as the official date of marriage, I have to rely on that date to fill in the form, but actual marriage was held in December. I will obviously provide them photos and all other evidences of marriage, my concern will they object it ??? or do I need to explain them ?

daddoo110

Post by daddoo110 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Sallamxx

Is there any updates from the people who applied in Karachi?????
Category A
Online Application 16-1-2015
Submitted Docs At Karachi 19-01-2015
Received At BHC ISB 21-1-2015
No Current Updates 3-3-2015
Delayed For Further Checks 19-3-2015

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Were you not employed when you applied previously twice?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:13 pm

daddoo110 wrote:Sallamxx

None!
Applied online 23/2/2015
Biometrics in Khi 2/3/2015

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 pm

I sent a mail on saturdy asking status of my husbands application and gt a reply sunday 4pm stating application has been processed and decision had been made.

My husband applied online 3rd of feb and biometrics was on 19th feb at lahore VAC.

So it could take 2weeks? Anyone else in a similar position?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm

I HAVE READ THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES ON PROXY MARRIAGES AND IT SEEMS THAT THE MARRIAGE WILL BE RECOGNISED IF IT IS RECOGNISED IN THE COUNTRY IT TOOK PLACE IN/ REGISTERED IN. HOWEVER IT ALSO STATES THAT IF ONE OF THE PARTIES WAS FROM THE UK THEN IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED AS THE UK DOESN'T RECOGNISE PROXY MARRIAGES.

HAVE READ OF PAGE 7 AND 8 OF THE FOLLOWING UKBA GUIDANCE DOCUMENT (ESPECIALLY PART 13.3.2 WHICH APPLIES TO YOUR CASE):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rriage.pdf

I would seek legal advice on this matter.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:43 pm

SHAHFAISAL wrote:I sent a mail on saturdy asking status of my husbands application and gt a reply sunday 4pm stating application has been processed and decision had been made.

My husband applied online 3rd of feb and biometrics was on 19th feb at lahore VAC.

So it could take 2weeks? Anyone else in a similar position?

I am ... I asked for an update on tuesday and got a reply bk on thursday that its been processed .. Still havent heard anything x

Tazmaniaa

Post by Tazmaniaa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 pm

i.need.help wrote:
Were you not employed when you applied previously twice?
Heya yeh i was but its gunna be my third application now so im.jus so weary about everything i have to.chek everything a million times before im.satisfied with it... Jus wanted to mke sure i waset missig anything of myn.

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:07 am

To shreen

Do you think its worth contacting the VAC to see if the paperwrk has arrived back yet. I have heard of some people waiting for collection call and not getting it they ended up going to the VAC and the paperwork was sitting there the whole time.

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:26 am

MORNING!!!

I haven't heard anything yet just wanted to ask if any good news this morning??

Any news for people who applied around the same time as me?

I guess I'm less hopefull due to bank holiday do
BHC have the same time off??

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 am

Nothing yet daddoo, waiting for next week as that would complete 2 months for my application will request an update then and if needed will escalate my case.

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:16 am

auntsally wrote:MORNING!!!

I haven't heard anything yet just wanted to ask if any good news this morning??

Any news for people who applied around the same time as me?

I guess I'm less hopefull due to bank holiday do
BHC have the same time off??
Mornign auntsally, yeah BHC have the same days off like us here i.e fri - mon instead they have more holidays in during the year as they are shut for Pakistani as well as UK holidays.

Heres the link of holidays for BHC Islamabad. https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... -islamabad

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 am

Nothing yet!
My 3 months are done next week Thursday. I escalated yesterday because apparently my application was processed a long time ago. Not sure y my passport isn't here yet.
They're just slow for Karachi.