ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lilstar2015
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by lilstar2015 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Salam
i have been a silent reader on the forum for a few months now. just wondering if you could help me. i submitted my husbands case on the 25th of march from mirpur. we have not heard anything yet, but i would really like to know where about they are now with my application. how can i contact them. what is the website or email. i was going to wait 12 weeks but looks like alot of applicants have requested updates before that, so im getting impatient now too. please hope you can help.

hardest and longest 12 weeks ever. hope inshallah, Allah solves everyone's worries and grants everyone happiness and success.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Today my wife got an email from BHC saying her application is processed and will be sent to visa centre. Strange because I had asked for update and as of Friday it was waiting to be processed by ECO! (So either a quick visa or a quick rejection, in 1-2 working days!).

I think she should now get an email from Gerrys saying passport is ready for collection. I take it she will go to Gerrys again?
Does anyone know if they work Monday-Friday? If they are open on Friday then maybe she could go then to collect!

I take it no appointment needed this time?!

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:22 pm

lilstar2015 wrote:Salam
i have been a silent reader on the forum for a few months now. just wondering if you could help me. i submitted my husbands case on the 25th of march from mirpur. we have not heard anything yet, but i would really like to know where about they are now with my application. how can i contact them. what is the website or email. i was going to wait 12 weeks but looks like alot of applicants have requested updates before that, so im getting impatient now too. please hope you can help.

hardest and longest 12 weeks ever. hope inshallah, Allah solves everyone's worries and grants everyone happiness and success.

The website is this: https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

you need name, DoB and application number.

I think on average it takes 9-10 weeks my wife applied on 17 March and got an email today.

FizzB
Newly Registered

Post by FizzB » Tue May 26, 2015 8:30 pm

ab112 wrote:Today my wife got an email from BHC saying her application is processed and will be sent to visa centre. Strange because I had asked for update and as of Friday it was waiting to be processed by ECO! (So either a quick visa or a quick rejection, in 1-2 working days!).

I think she should now get an email from Gerrys saying passport is ready for collection. I take it she will go to Gerrys again?
Does anyone know if they work Monday-Friday? If they are open on Friday then maybe she could go then to collect!

Hey, thats great news.That means they've started sending processed emails to applicants of the week I applied in as well, yay!

Gerry's will contact your wife themselves either by call, text or email and she'll have to go collect her passport then. Usually takes 1-2 days and it doesn't require an appointment.

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Tue May 26, 2015 8:34 pm

ab112 wrote:Today my wife got an email from BHC saying her application is processed and will be sent to visa centre. Strange because I had asked for update and as of Friday it was waiting to be processed by ECO! (So either a quick visa or a quick rejection, in 1-2 working days!).

Congrats in Shaa Allah hope it's good news :)
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:45 pm

@sajjaduk

Bro looking at everyone that applyed before me and after me i feel right bad Kassmai Home office losing My paper and then asking for 5day's to solve the issue.
I feel as tho if they can not find the paper they will just reject my visa and make a fake story up why its been rejected.

Bro if they cant find my paper what should i do applyed on 10th march and even today 16th march applicant got they visa

Btw mubarak to the people that have recieved they visa's
May allah talla keep you all happy.
Ameen
Last edited by Hamza.123 on Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
02/03/2015: Online Applicaton submitted
10/03/2015: Documents And Biometrics Mirpur
26/06/2015: Documents Returned
27/06/2015: Visa Granted
All Praise's To The Lord Off The Worlsd Allah Swt And The Noor Off Are Eyes Muhammed PBUH

FizzB
Newly Registered

Post by FizzB » Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Hamza.123 wrote:@sajjaduk

Bro looking at everyone that applyed before me and after me i feel right bad Kassmai Home office losing My paper and then asking for 5day's to solve the issue.
I feel as tho if they can not find the paper they will just reject my visa and make a bad quality story up why its been rejected.

Bro if they cant find my paper what should i do applyed on 10th march and even today 16th march applicant got they visa

Ameen
Try contacting them again, call them this time. Its possible that the system made an error when they responded and your application isn't actually lost at all.

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:55 pm

FizzB wrote:

I feel as tho if they can not find the paper they will just reject my visa and make a bad quality story up why its been rejected.

Ameen
Try contacting them again, call them this time. Its possible that the system made an error when they responded and your application isn't actually lost at all.
Hey i did i recieved two updates saying no update because off new case or details incorrect so i called them on friday the guy goes the gwf number does not show up on the system this could mean application is lost/misplaced
All Praise's To The Lord Off The Worlsd Allah Swt And The Noor Off Are Eyes Muhammed PBUH

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Ameen

Did you say you rung them? Dont ring them email them, dont trust call centre people, if someone didnt know where to look for something they would say, oh it's not on the system!
Another strange thing that I noticed was that I filled in the online form using my email address VAf4 Form. When asking for update I thought maybe I should put my wifes email since it was asking for her contact details. This was a few weeks ago she got an email in a day saying they cant find her file (even though name, Dob and GWF numbers were all correct)! I got worried and sent another request this time with her name GWF number and my email address this time and they replied saying, oh it wasnt assessed!

So my experience is be careful with what they tell you! Email them and you should get an answer in a day or two (maybe use the same email address supplied when filling in VAF4A).

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 pm

sajjaduk wrote:

Congrats in Shaa Allah hope it's good news :)

Thanks bro, hopefully you get your answer soon too!

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Anybody knows if Gerrys islamabad is open on Friday, I am pretty sure they are just double checking.

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 pm

ab112 wrote:Anybody knows if Gerrys islamabad is open on Friday, I am pretty sure they are just double checking.
Yes I'm certain they are
They are just closed weekends and public holidays...
Soon as you get a call or text it will include details of collection times

Edited; just did a search and they are open
They are open from 8am till 1pm

ab112

Post by ab112 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:13 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
ab112 wrote:Anybody knows if Gerrys islamabad is open on Friday, I am pretty sure they are just double checking.
Yes I'm certain they are

Thanks, it means she could make it on Friday hopefully.

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Tue May 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Ameen

They can't reject without an reason and loosing paperwork ain't a good enough basis. It's not possible anyway if they say they lost them.

I would suggest let the 5 days complete and if there is still and issue then go to the VFC with the slip they had given you including correspondence between yourselves and UKVI and get them to do the chasing up.

It's the responsibility of gerrys to get the paperwork to bhc and bhc to process them.

If worst case scenario gerrys should have kept a copy of everything for their records at their offices so this can be forwarded if genuinely it's lost.

I have herd many similar situations before and then after a week a decision email has come through saying processed .

I will do dua for yu today
May Allah SWT help you in everyway and give you success on your application

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Tue May 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Removed
Read below updated
Last edited by sajjaduk on Tue May 26, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March2015

Post by March2015 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:22 pm

Good luck Ab - hope it all goes well inshallah. Guys please remember me in your dua's - this is a tough time. I will pray for you all too.
Last edited by March2015 on Tue May 26, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Tue May 26, 2015 9:22 pm

Just double checked sorry the time I put before was Ramadan times :(
Friday collections are open from 8am till 5pm

Keep us updated and in Shaa Allah
I will be remembering you guys in my duas today
may tomorrow bring you good news
ab112 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:
Yes I'm certain they are

Thanks, it means she could make it on Friday hopefully.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks pharaa hope I do hear something soon!!
I was refused last time because the main reason was employer didn't pay my tax. Hope everything goes well for you this time round :)
Congrats syrshiraz! And good luck ab112 hope its good news for u! :)

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:09 pm

sajjaduk wrote:

Ameen

They can't reject without an reason and loosing paperwork ain't a good enough basis. It's not possible anyway if they say they lost them.

I would suggest let the 5 days complete and if there is still and issue then go to the VFC with the slip they had given you including correspondence between yourselves and UKVI and get them to do the chasing up.

It's the responsibility of gerrys to get the paperwork to bhc and bhc to process them.

If worst case scenario gerrys should have kept a copy of everything for their records at their offices so this can be forwarded if genuinely it's lost.

I have herd many similar situations before and then after a week a decision email has come through saying processed .

I will do dua for yu today
May Allah SWT help you in everyway and give you success on your application
Jazakallah khair brother may Allah Tala Keep you Happy. Ameen

zoopla
Newly Registered

Post by zoopla » Tue May 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Just submitted this week and have biometric next week.
Our application is quiet straight forward so potentially ia we get a quiker reply.

If our the visa is inshallah approved. You get a 1 month visa to come to the uk then pickup the id card from the post office. Is that card then the equivalent of a visa for the next 30 months?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 27, 2015 2:57 am

zoopla wrote:Just submitted this week and have biometric next week.
Our application is quiet straight forward so potentially ia we get a quiker reply.

If our the visa is inshallah approved. You get a 1 month visa to come to the uk then pickup the id card from the post office. Is that card then the equivalent of a visa for the next 30 months?
Yes ... the BRP card is evidence of your right to be in the UK.

rafari
Newly Registered

Post by rafari » Wed May 27, 2015 3:53 am

All applicants who applied before april and have not paid heakth surcharge, will they have to pay this amount before getting their BRP card?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 27, 2015 4:49 am

rafari wrote:All applicants who applied before april and have not paid heakth surcharge, will they have to pay this amount before getting their BRP card?
No ... people who applied before the Date the health surcharge was rolled out will not have to pay the health surcharge to receive BRP

Only time they will need to pay the surcharge is during the FLR application 2.5 years and ILR application

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed May 27, 2015 6:07 am

sophia20 wrote:Thanks pharaa hope I do hear something soon!!
I was refused last time because the main reason was employer didn't pay my tax. Hope everything goes well for you this time round :)
Congrats syrshiraz! And good luck ab112 hope its good news for u! :)
ameen IA
wel yea IA this time you will def get ur visa soon. did u get new ielts test after april?
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

March2015

Post by March2015 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am

@sophie - ask for an update