ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukmu
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by ukmu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:10 am

@sajjaduk

Thanks for d reply bro but already tried that with our first child, and it took almost a year, and still the application was refused over a very stupid reason, and they advised me to register the child as British in the UK, then reapply for the passport. In the end didn't decide to go down this route because it was just taking too long and went for the simpler settlement visa for both wife and daughter. This time round with our second child probably go down the right of abode route. If you have any advice/experience in this would really be appreciated.

Thank you

asif_sharif
Member of Standing

Post by asif_sharif » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:53 am

nearing the end of the month tempted to email again :? :( :evil:
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am

Does the English test the apuse needs to take just has to be an A1 English test? I hear the requirments have changed in April 2015?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:25 pm

lishah121 wrote:Does the English test the apuse needs to take just has to be an A1 English test? I hear the requirments have changed in April 2015?
From April 2015 for settlement applications a spouse must sit an IELTS exam and achieve atleast an A1 Level of English Result.. it's same as the previous Cambridge exams just a new awarding body and few changes in exam method .

A applicant needs to show basic speaking and listening skills.
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:30 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
lishah121 wrote:Does the English test the apuse needs to take just has to be an A1 English test? I hear the requirments have changed in April 2015?
From April 2015 for settlement applications a spouse must sit an IELTS exam and achieve atleast an A1 Level of English Result.. it's same as the previous Cambridge exams just a new awarding body and few changes in exam method .

A applicant needs to show basic speaking and listening skills.
Thanks

Brom

Post by Brom » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 pm

asif_sharif wrote:nearing the end of the month tempted to email again :? :( :evil:
I would say just be patient coz it's just another 3 weeks bro coz I submitted just a day after you on the 22/April/15 In islamabad and had a response recently that 'Under process for further enquiries' so let hope for the best in sha Allah bro
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

alivis2015

Post by alivis2015 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:50 pm

[/quote]A applicant needs to show basic speaking and listening skills.[/quote]

Thanks[/quote]

Passing IELTS, the minimum grade you can get is 4.0 which is equivalent to a B1 Level. UKBA haven't formally said it but looks like they want everyone to know little more than just basic english.

If anyone looking to save money on IELTS study courses, past exam papers with answers are available on their site. Study and understand them well with help of your partners. Then go for it....

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:27 am

Salam to Everyone and Ramadan Mubarak,

I just saw a post on a facebook page named
" Immigrationboard : Spouse visa Uk from pakistan".

I'm worried about the mentioned points as my 6th month of employement will be completed in August. Im a graduate plus got job after 10 months of graduation.

Im sharing this post below it was posted by page's admin(aka Uncle Ayub).

"Having looked at a number of Refusals people who have posted here....I have noticed one common trend amongst the refusals and that is people who have been unemployed for some time and all of a sudden find a job that pays 18600.
Once they have done the exact 6 months they apply for their visa.
In most cases their employers happens to be Asian business.
The other one is where one has been refused and they change employers for new application within a a period of 6-8 months.
It does not unfortunately take a genius to work out that something's not right in situations like this. Tell me how all of a sudden, young Asian people without decent qualifications or education get a job paying 18600.......Furthermore I can probably count on one hand the amount of Asian businesses in my home town of Batley would pay 18600 for an unskilled job.Most pay £5-6 per hour.
Its no surprise when a file that has the above circumstances in it lands on an ECO desk, he only takes a few minute to decide on the application.In most cases it is a refusal.
So what can you differently you may ask.
1. Try and not hand application when you have done exact 6 months....maybe do it after 8-10 months whilst being in the same job.
2. Your chances in my opinion are cut down to 50% if you work for an Asian business. Unfortunately everything is not straight forward with such employers,as I have first hand experience of people doing something that they shouldn't be doing.......unfortunately at great expense to the applicant who has spend thousands of pounds on such things...........Therefore look for a job with a reputable company or non Asians.
3.Make sure you don't do something or provide something which you shouldn't. Some of these ECO/ECM are really good( but there is a small amount that are so hopeless, I could have done better than them...lol) at their jobs.
Please note that I am not saying every Asian applicant or employers are crooked. there are some good businesses and honest individuals
Unfortunately it only takes a small amount of crooks, to make everybody else be treated like crooks."
Visa Timeline
Married: 13/10/2014
Online Application: 26/08/2015
Biometric @ Karachi: 28/08/2015
Documents Received @ Sheffield: 08/09/2015
Confirmation email from Sheffield : 19/09/2015
RFC: 18/12/2015
Alhamdolillah Visa Granted!!!!

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:06 pm

It's a good point aadi90 makes.

alivis2015

Post by alivis2015 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:07 pm

@stillwaiting123

See when you apply again, where to mention refusal reason from previous application.

I know you have to write it in the actual online application of vaf.
Do I need to mention on sponsorship letter as well or how to go on about it?

Regards

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:10 pm

alivis2015 wrote:@stillwaiting123

See when you apply again, where to mention refusal reason from previous application.

I know you have to write it in the actual online application of vaf.
Do I need to mention on sponsorship letter as well or how to go on about it?

Regards
Hi I just wrote on the online application financial requirement was not Met and included the reference number.. I didn't write anything about it though..but if its a complexed reason then u might want to up to u but mine was just cause savings were low
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

shaf1234
Newly Registered

Post by shaf1234 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:18 pm

S.y.h wrote:April applicants, please keep us updated if anyone receives the much-awaited call/email.
Online application: 10/4/2015
Biometrics: 14/4/2015
Reached BHC: 15/4/2015
Current Status: Waiting to be assessed by ECO
Seems like us:
Online 6th April
Biometrics 14th April

S.y.h
online 10th April
Biometrics 15th April.

Khalid
Online 2nd April
Biometrics 10th April

Someone else mentioned that their brother's timeline
of 17th April.

And there are a few others who are in the same timeline
as above are now being processed and insha allah we should start hearing very soon, as soon as one of the above maybe out of 10/12 applications will hear something then insha allah we will all hear within few days of each other.
I pray for my brothers and sisters who are waiting that with Allah's grace,might and blessing we receive success.Ameen.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Salaam I am wondering if someone can help me my husband took the city and guilds a1 in 2013 is he still ok to use this until 5th November, or does he have to retake.
Also is this true from 6th July 15 only passports will be submitted to the embassy and all other supporting documents will be submitted in Sheffield?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 am

Sarah786 wrote:Salaam I am wondering if someone can help me my husband took the city and guilds a1 in 2013 is he still ok to use this until 5th November, or does he have to retake.
Also is this true from 6th July 15 only passports will be submitted to the embassy and all other supporting documents will be submitted in Sheffield?
Aslong as the certificates have no expiry then they good to submit up until November this year if I remember correctly...

With your other point no supporting documents would not be submitted to sheffield as they only handle mainly USA applications.
As what happens already with pakistan cases is that the passport stays in pakistan and everything is scanned and sent electronicly to Croydon to be dealt with and once everything has been checked and verified and a decision made then a vignette is put in place by bhc pakistan or a refusal notice generated.

S.y.h

Post by S.y.h » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:03 am

New week.. Good luck to all April applicants.. May Allah listen to our prayers of reuniting with our spouses soon. Please keep us updated with your timeline if anyone gets a response.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:25 am

sajjaduk wrote:
Sarah786 wrote:Salaam I am wondering if someone can help me my husband took the city and guilds a1 in 2013 is he still ok to use this until 5th November, or does he have to retake.
Aslong as the certificates have no expiry then they good to submit up until November this year if I remember correctly...

With your other point no supporting documents would not be submitted to sheffield as they only handle mainly USA applications.
As what happens already with pakistan cases is that the passport stays in pakistan and everything is scanned and sent electronicly to Croydon to be dealt with and once everything has been checked and verified and a decision made then a vignette is put in place by bhc pakistan or a refusal notice generated.
Please check this link http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/
There is some infor right at the bottom

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 am

Sarah786 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:

Yes Its true and changes will be made from 6 July 2015 as it is updated on official website(Gov.co.uk)
Visa Timeline

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:47 am

Sarah786 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:

That's a positive thing mashallah
It means a quicker turn around in Shaa Allah :)
It gives us sponsors alot more power aha

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:22 am

As what happens already with pakistan cases is that the passport stays in pakistan and everything is scanned and sent electronicly to Croydon to be dealt with and once everything has been checked and verified and a decision made then a vignette is put in place by bhc pakistan or a refusal notice generated.[/quote]

There is some infor right at the bottom[/quote]

Yes Its true and changes will be made from 6 July 2015 as it is updated on official website(Gov.co.uk)[/quote]

Salaam please could you send me the link ive tried looking can't find anything. Jzk

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 am

Maybe that's a good thing. Inshallah it works in favour for all of us.
What documents do I require from my spouse for the application?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

Changes from 6th July 2015 pakistan applicants
Published today 29th June 15

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 am

Sarah786 wrote:Maybe that's a good thing. Inshallah it works in favour for all of us.
What documents do I require from my spouse for the application?
You would require their English certificates, tb certificate. . Copy of their Pakistani I.D card
The nikkah nama you would already have a copy of anyway as there are 2 copies anyway.

Only one thing I can think of is how would the signature of vaf4a work out ?? but got a slight idea since we are pakistani ;) ... copycat it's a hint aha

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:05 am

Sarah786 wrote:Aslong as the certificates have no expiry then they good to submit up until November this year if I remember correctly...

There is some infor right at the bottom[/quote]

Yes Its true and changes will be made from 6 July 2015 as it is updated on official website(Gov.co.uk)[/quote]

Salaam please could you send me the link ive tried looking can't find anything. Jzk[/quote]

Wsalam as sajjaduk has sent you the link its published today and the docs u will need are mentioned above plus you will need applicants's passport size photographs as they include in supporting docs.
Visa Timeline

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:10 am

@ aadi1990

Omdz how could I have forgotten haha yes a small pic of hubby or wifey ;)

ahsanmujahid
Newly Registered

Post by ahsanmujahid » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:14 am

S.y.h wrote:New week.. Good luck to all April applicants.. May Allah listen to our prayers of reuniting with our spouses soon. Please keep us updated with your timeline if anyone gets a response.
ameen. bruv
my timeline is same as urs. INSHALLAH we ll get good news very soon.