ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Worried about review

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Worried about review » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Ramaye wrote:Hi,

Online application :22 September 2015
Biomatric :29 September
Recieved online application confirmation email:30 sep
Esclated: 23 dec, decision has been made

Worried about review wrote:
Ramaye wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help!

How long does it take for the supporting documents to be sent back once a decision has been made?

Also does the applicant get contacted via phone or email with regards to collecting passport? Any idea how long it takes for the Lahore centre to contact the applicant to come collect their passport?

Many thanks

Ayesha :)
Aoa can you share your time line
Did you recieved any delay email
3rd application
Online application :09 September 2016
Biomatric :12September
documents sent :14 September
Recieved online application confirmation email:16 September
Waiting patiently ,may Allah give me visa this time

sal29
Newly Registered

Post by sal29 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:00 pm

What questions do they ask on the immigration card?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:16 am

Visa Success After 8 Months Waiting :)

Visa processed 17th Dec on wifes birthday itself
Official email 18th Dec
Collection 21st Dec
Visa granted alhamdulillah

Waited so long for this moment and best of all I'm in pakistan to accompany mrs back to the uk

Good luck all
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:06 am

Hi,

I m new on this forum, but visiting this forum for a long time. It helped me a lot in filing my spouse visa.
I have a question.

My wife (in uk) forgot to put IHS reference no. on visa application pack posted to sheffield. Whats gona happen??

Are they gona return the application??

Please reply

Thanks

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:47 am

Well i checked with her, She never received an email with IHS reference No.

Could anyone please tell me how can i get that reference no. ??

Many Thanks in advance

Ramaye
Newly Registered

Post by Ramaye » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:09 am

Hi, no we didn't receive a delay email Alhumdullaih.

Did you receive one?

Aoa can you share your time line[/quote][/quote]

Did you recieved any delay email[/quote]

hinna

Post by hinna » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:47 am

sajjaduk wrote: Visa Success After 8 Months Waiting :)

Official email 18th Dec
Collection 21st Dec

Waited so long for this moment and best of all I'm in pakistan to accompany mrs back to the uk

Good luck all
Congratulations to you.. :)

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Salam

Congrats to Everyone :) who got their applications approved.
Kindly remember everyone in Prayers waiting for their loved ones.
Been nearly 4 months-Escalated dozen times- Same replies '' Yet to be assessed ''.

Regards

RAZ4
Newly Registered

Post by RAZ4 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:27 pm

shakoorh wrote:
rashadjee wrote:My wifes TB TEST expired in Oct 2015, will she need a new TB TEST?
I don't think you need it as they never check it, but you can get it done again just in case? My wife's expired in November, just after applying for Visa, and they didn't let us re-do until the old one expires so we had to submit with the old certificate.
I am sorry to hear that. Can you tell why it was refused?

adealerking

Post by adealerking » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:56 pm

sajjaduk wrote: Visa Success After 8 Months Waiting :)

Official email 18th Dec
Collection 21st Dec

Good luck all
Big respect to that brother
Many many many congratulations
It's wonderful news

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:23 am

If you don't mind can I please ask you a very small question regarding permanent residence card and new wife spouse visa....
If someone have PR through EU route after ROR then can he sponsor his new wife under EU law .

Is anyone there who can answer my questions , would be much appreciated

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by bahadar on Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:23 am

If you don't mind can I please ask you a very small question regarding permanent residence card and new wife spouse visa....
If someone have PR through EU route after ROR then can he sponsor his new wife under EU law

Is anyone there who can answer my questions , would be much appreciated

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:54 am

Asalamyalaikum,

Looking to apply for my wifes visa who is currently in Pakistan, to live in the UK with me.

Although I've seen everyone is applying online and sending docs to Sheffield, I have heard you can apply directly in Pakistan, and submit all your docs directly to an office Pakistan (I believe its Islamabad)? Does anyone know if this is correct? And if so, has anyone done this?

Jzk.
Newbz.

hinna

Post by hinna » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 am

newbie_1 wrote:Asalamyalaikum,

Looking to apply for my wifes visa who is currently in Pakistan, to live in the UK with me.

Although I've seen everyone is applying online and sending docs to Sheffield, I have heard you can apply directly in Pakistan, and submit all your docs directly to an office Pakistan (I believe its Islamabad)? Does anyone know if this is correct? And if so, has anyone done this?

Jzk.
Newbz.
Salaam

No all documents/paperwork have to be sent to Sheffield. As explained in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

If you take you documents to the visa application centre on the biometric date you will be told to post them to sheffields as they wont accept it.

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi everyone. I just thought I would take some time out and share my experience as my wife has recently been granted a Settlement Visa on the FIRST APPLICATION.

We got engaged in September 2014 after a long family feud with other so called family members. It was a struggle and one which I thought was impossible to overcome...But with the will of Allah and the support of my MUM and DAD, we overcame this hurdle. In January I got married to the love of my life... I just couldn't believe that finally after 2 years I was officially married to the woman of my dreams.

So now came the next challenge in my life. How I was going to get a Settlement Visa for my wife. I have no legal qualifications and my academic background is week. My Dad is great... without my dad I would have had to hire a solicitor to do the work. You see my dad is a very intelligent man, he studies LAW every day and his efforts paid off. My dad is no solicitor he just like to study and always likes a challenge. So I left it to him and he knew exactly what to do. My dad prepared the file, he did the online application, he just did everything for me. I and my wife are so grateful to him.

...and now inshallah my wife will be arriving to the UK in the new year.
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:31 pm

hinna wrote:
newbie_1 wrote:Asalamyalaikum,

Jzk.
Newbz.
Salaam

No all documents/paperwork have to be sent to Sheffield. As explained in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

If you take you documents to the visa application centre on the biometric date you will be told to post them to sheffields as they wont accept it.

Thank you for that information!

Just doing my online application now on behalf of the wife, and it asks when she is looking to travel into the UK, and how long she is planning to stay?

Any advice anyone?? Thank you!

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:32 pm

I put the last date available. It does not really matter what date you put in.

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:51 pm

rashadjee wrote:I put the last date available. It does not really matter what date you put in.

Thank you for your answer :-)

Also did you fill in the 'sponsor details'? It asks questions like "When did they arrive into the UK" etc?

It asks for similar information to what I have put under the spouse details - any help would be appreciated! Jzk!! :)

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Salaam. Yes there is a lot of REPETITON in the form. Most of the information you put on the form is repeated. Just follow the form and complete step by step. You will be ok.

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:01 pm

rashadjee wrote:Salaam. Yes there is a lot of REPETITON in the form. Most of the information you put on the form is repeated. Just follow the form and complete step by step. You will be ok.
Ah I see. Would it be ok to put my Date of Birth under "when did they arrive in the UK"? lol :D

Also, just read you had yours approved! Congratulations!! I feel like I have a long way to go before I get my wifes approved :(

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Yes that's correct, D.O.B will only allow numbers and not letters. lol

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:12 pm

rashadjee wrote:Yes that's correct, D.O.B will only allow numbers and not letters. lol
Great, thank you shall do. Also once the application is complete, do you need to print and send back to Pakistan for her to sign? If so, is there anyway I can fully complete/sign the form without having to send it to her in Pakistan?

Thanks

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Salaam. Once the form is completed, your wife can print it off in Pakistan. She will have to log on to VISA4UK website and enter the credentials or you could convert the format to PDF and email it to her. yes she MUST sign it herself. She can then send the application form back to you via DHL.. they normally take 3-4 days. This is what I did. But remember you have 14 days from the date of application to submit your supporting documents... This is what I believe is the current situation with UKVI.

See below info:

Settlement applications - Submitting supporting documents - You or your representative/sponsor should send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometric information (but not before) to

UK Visas and Immigration International, PO box 3468, Sheffield, United Kingdom S3 8WA.

The package should include:
The GWF reference provided at the time of application (e.g. GWF01234567).
One printed copy of the application form and photograph
All additional documents supporting your application. These should include any documents originating in the UK, like evidence of maintenance and accommodation. Only valuable documents such as marriage and birth certificates will be returned and only if you have supplied photocopies of these supporting documents. Documents such as photographs, records of correspondence, bank statements will not be returned and will be retained in UKVI only if directly relevant to the decision.
The documents should be arranged within the package in the following order:

Application form and Appendix 2
English Language evidence
TB certificate
Relationship documents
Maintenance documents
Accommodation documents
A stamped , self-addressed envelope or pre-paid return self-addressed courier envelope to return any original documents to the UK sponsor.

Once a decision has been made, the passport will be sent to the visa application centre where the application was made. All other document will be returned to the address on the self-addressed envelope.”

AcePoetry
Newly Registered

Post by AcePoetry » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:58 am

H

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:01 am

rashadjee wrote:Salaam. Once the form is completed, your wife can print it off in Pakistan. She will have to log on to VISA4UK website and enter the credentials or you could convert the format to PDF and email it to her. yes she MUST sign it herself. She can then send the application form back to you via DHL.. they normally take 3-4 days. This is what I did. But remember you have 14 days from the date of application to submit your supporting documents... This is what I believe is the current situation with UKVI.

See below info:

Settlement applications - Submitting supporting documents - You or your representative/sponsor should send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometric information (but not before) to

UK Visas and Immigration International, PO box 3468, Sheffield, United Kingdom S3 8WA.

The package should include:
The GWF reference provided at the time of application (e.g. GWF01234567).
One printed copy of the application form and photograph
All additional documents supporting your application. These should include any documents originating in the UK, like evidence of maintenance and accommodation. Only valuable documents such as marriage and birth certificates will be returned and only if you have supplied photocopies of these supporting documents. Documents such as photographs, records of correspondence, bank statements will not be returned and will be retained in UKVI only if directly relevant to the decision.
The documents should be arranged within the package in the following order:

Application form and Appendix 2
English Language evidence
TB certificate
Relationship documents
Maintenance documents
Accommodation documents
A stamped , self-addressed envelope or pre-paid return self-addressed courier envelope to return any original documents to the UK sponsor.

Once a decision has been made, the passport will be sent to the visa application centre where the application was made. All other document will be returned to the address on the self-addressed envelope.”
Where did you find this info?
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15