ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prayforus
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by prayforus » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 am

Well we waited 4 months when we applied from Mirpur. Apparently the turn around time is now quicker. Nevertheless, if anyone is also applying through CAT A+CAT D please post on here with any questions you may have.

Oh and photocopy everything...twice!

Also submit your rejection e-mail letter, and attach a document to it on how you meet those requirements which have been listed now. Just make sure they can't question anything, read your application as you would if you were the ECO. Don't over do it with information, neither lessen it. Give what they only ask for. In'Sha'Allah we will get our spouse's their visas. It's all with the will of Allah.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:22 am

prayforus wrote:Well we waited 4 months when we applied from Mirpur. Apparently the turn around time is now quicker. Nevertheless, if anyone is also applying through CAT A+CAT D please post on here with any questions you may have.

Oh and photocopy everything...twice!

Also submit your rejection e-mail letter, and attach a document to it on how you meet those requirements ormation, neither lessen it. Give what they only ask for. In'Sha'Allah we will get our spouse's their visas. It's all with the will of Allah.

Could u possibly when u have time post a list of docz u will be submitting when applying under cat a and d. I have never had an issue with docz but as i've not applied under cat A and D just slightly nervous!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 am

prayforus wrote:Hello786 - My wife spoke to a clerk at gerrys just last week and he said it's only for visit visa. We then called lahore just to see what they would say, they said the same.

When we come to apply, if there is an option I shall take it. If not then we will just go the usual route. Mirpur has a turn around of 1 month average for a response, by what my wife was told. How true that is I don't know since they like to mislead people.

Also, make sure you do everything I've said regarding your savings. They're very picky when it comes to that so make it crystal clear.
Salam

I think Mirpur office are misleading people.
I applied from Mirpur around mid January.
its 3 months now and still no response. My application didnt even change to under process when the tracking service was still available earlier this month.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 pm

My wife applied with these documents in her first application.

Contents page - Please create this. It helps them know where everything is. However, please do note, gerry's will put the documents into their own pile format. So it can be a bit pointless creating one. I will still create one again.

Sponsors Information

Sponsors Introduction - Details of yourself, how you met your spouse, where they will live, your plans with them, how long you stayed with them, where you stayed, wedding venue, etc..

Sponsors Education - If you have a degree you can also attach this - There isn't any need to as I was told it's not necessary so left it out. Still it looks good in my opinion. No need to attach a CV.

Sponsors Birth certificate - Supply an original Birth certificate.

Sponsors Passport Photocopy - Provide photo-copy of your passport, with visa stamps of when you went to see your spouse. Get someone to certify that it's a true copy of an original, a solicitor can do this.

Sponsors Employment/Financial

Contract letter from employer - This is necessary it should show your annual salary, when you joined the company, if any overtime is available, how much you've earned to date and if ECO has any questions, they can contact your employer.

P60 - April to April, please provide this. If it doesn't show the full amount of income that you are relying on, attach a note to this explaining that.

Bank statements - This should show your income going in your account from your employment. If you want, highlight these so ECO cannot miss them. 6 months is necessary for CAT A and also make sure the last statement you provide is no older then 28days of when you apply for your application.

Payslips - Very important, do not miss any payslips - minimum of 6 months, net income should match what it shows on your bank statement. If you've moved house in your employment period, explain why some of the payslips have a different address to the others. Again, last payslip cannot be older then 28days at the time of application.

------

Sponsors Savings -

Ok this is the tricky one as you need to get this right first time round. I was questioned where the source of savings came from - an error on my part was I didn't mention all the money in my account, just one gift. So please make sure you mention and show the TOTAL amount of savings in your account. Even if your account has been open for 10 years, try get statements as far back as possible and show this/where the money came from. For this you will need;

Bank statement - This will show the period of 6 months minimum of the money in your account (if old money transfers are in there, show those too/proof where they came from). If you're with some banks they may not provide you with this as there has not been any activity in that account. Do what I do, deposit £500 a month in there so it will never go lower. If it does and you fall below the amount you need to make the shortfall, you will need to wait another 6 months. :cry: Make sure the savings are easily accessible with no penalty if you take them out. So no savings should be in 'fixed' accounts.

Gift- If your savings have been provided as a GIFT and not a LOAN (Loans are not accepted), get a letter from the person(s), declaring they GIFTED you the money and provide where it came from. This could be from rent/property sale etc..Get this signed by all those who have gifted you money. This is not needed if the savings came for example, a house you sold. So instead show the house sale/solicitors letters. Shares/investments must be the a similar manner I imagine.

Bank statement of those who provided you with gift - Very important again, show the transaction of the money going into your account. If in any years that have gone by, the gifter has gifted you money and it's still in your account, show this too with statements and your statements.

Now this is a separate document which you can either put in this section or your employment section. Up-to you.

Show your working out for the savings you need. Show your working out for the annual income you have gained. If like me you're paid hourly you will average out 6 months wages x 2 = annual amount.

If you are paid every 4 weeks and are paid twice in 1 month add all your monthly wages up - divide by 28 weeks x 52 weeks = annual amount

£18,600 - annual amount = shortfall x 2.5 + £16,000.00 = amount of savings needed.

If on a salary just get your annual amount and do the calculation above. Please do note; I'm not entirely sure about salary based pay but I do suspect it will be done like that.

----------

Sponsors Maintanence -

If like me you send your spouse money abroad for their maintenance, provide receipts of this ie; western union sent/pick-up notifications or however else you send money.

This should also be in the applicants section of documents as it proves they were the person who picked the money up. Also you can provide bank statements for the applicant showing the money being deposited into the account - This also shows the relationship is genuine as you will not send money to random strangers. :)

---------

Sponsors Accommodation;

Housing report- Important to show you have the space to keep your spouse - no overcrowding in the house. This can be done by an estate agent/solicitor.

Deeds to home - If you go on the land registry site you can get this for around £4 and print it off. Please note keep it safe, as you will need to pay £4 again if you lose it. This will be a land registry form.

Accommodation agreement - Get a letter from the owner/landlord of your property allowing your spouse to stay there. This can be rent free if you stay with family and are not required to pay any rent. Get the owner to sign this.

Utility bills - This shows you actually live at the address and it isn't a 'safe house' for your spouse to come and live separately. Who would pay for something where they don't live right?

--------

Applicants Information;

**PRINT OFF YOUR REJECTION/HOLD DOCUMENT - ATTACH ANOTHER DOCUMENT SHOWING HOW YOU NOW MEET THE REQUIREMENTS YOU DIDN'T AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION**

Applicants VAF4 - Very important make sure you provide this.

Applicants Introduction - Same as your sponsor introduction describing how you met, how the distance has affected you, your wishes in the future, start family etc, where you will live etc..Get this signed by applicant

Applicants English Certificate - This is the A1 certificate of english - please note it has a 2 year life line, once those are up you need to do it again so make sure yours is valid!

Applicants TB report - TB report this lasts 6 months, again provide this and make sure it's valid at the date of application

Applicants Birth Certificate - Need this

Applicants Bio Metrics - So fingerprints and all that stuff. I'm sure they do them on the day or before, I can't remember at the top of my head - you may not need this. I've listed it just incase.

Applicants passport - Also provide 2 passport photographs. Copy of NADRA card is also good to provide.

---------

Applicants Financial;

Applicants bank statements - You can provide these to show the applicant also has funds available to themselves if they need to use them. You can get a bank manager to sign these statements to show they are genuine/stamped.

Maintenance - Like I mentioned before any western union receipts of money being picked up that's sent (by you the sponsor) just adds that added touch the relationship is genuine.

----------

Applicants Relationship;

Wedding cards - Provide these if you still have them showing the venue/dates

Wedding photos - Give them a large number of these so they can be hounded by looking through them. Some people have given less and they've rejected them. Oh and also, because they add wait to the documents, it'll be nice to imagine the look on the ECO's face when they hear the clunk of the documents hit their desk. :D MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS HAPPY - THERE IS ALWAYS ON GRUMPY UNCLE! HAHA.

Nikah'Nama - Original and certified in English. Translated in english which you can get done at a union in pakistan.

-------------

Communication;

Whatsapp - Screenshots of these

Skype - Screenshots of these. Also take a picture of the computer screen and provide that as photo so they can tell it's genuine and not photoshopped.

Facebook - Same as Skype really screenshots/photos.

----

END

****I FORGOT TO MENTION******

Apparently now they ask if the applicant is in employment if so, provide bank statements/payslips etc..If they're not then just tick no on the application form.

------

This is how I did my first application - had no problems, and In'Sha'Allah it will be the same this time round. I just didn't meet the savings requirement at that time.

If I have missed something or added something which shouldn't have been done, please do let me know. I am not an immigration expert by any means, the list I compiled is what I asked others including Joppa at expat forums. Oh, and some common sense. I hope this helps.

You may not need to provide everything I have as each application is different.

In'Sha'Allah this will guide you and many others.

Musriz - Sometimes the tracking doesn't change, it goes straight to RFC. From what I've seen, those who have got their visas got a call/text from gerrys to collect their documents. And those who haven't normally get an e-mail stating why they are on hold, or asking for more documents. Just be patient my friend in'sha'allah it will be good news for you. It's as Allah has planned it to be.
Last edited by prayforus on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Prayforus- Jazak'Allah. The detailed information you have provided will be useful insha'Allah for those who will be re-applying.
I would just like to add, and this is for everyone.
Make sure your personal bank statements show good activity. For eg. All utility and grocery/expenses bills going from your account. Council tex etc etc
BHC can be very particular with the type of activity from ones personal acc.
ALso show as much communication as you can.. emails skype record's .. sms.. whatsapp.. viber.. cards etc..phone bills with regular callls to each other ( not phone cards) .
I agree with prayforus.. best to bombard them with loads of photo's and screenshots of all communication.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Wow thank u very much pray4us thats an amazing and detailed list which will benefit not just me but many others in shaa Allah.

Thank u once again for ur kindness!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:39 pm

musriz wrote:Prayforus- Jazak'Allah. The detailed information you have provided will be useful insha'Allah for those who will be re-applying.
Make sure your personal bank statements show good activity. For eg. All utility and grocery/expenses bills going from your account. Council tex etc etc
ALso show as much communication as you can.. emails skype record's .. sms.. whatsapp.. viber.. cards etc..phone bills with regular callls to each other ( not phone cards) .
I agree with prayforus.. best to bombard them with loads of photo's and screenshots of all communication.
What about the appendix 2 form? It needs to be filled online ? Or we have to download and print it n fill it in hand ?
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm

RZ Girl wrote:
musriz wrote:Prayforus- Jazak'Allah. The detailed information you have provided will be useful insha'Allah for those who will be re-applying.
What about the appendix 2 form? It needs to be filled online ? Or we have to download and print it n fill it in hand ?
RZ Girl. You have to fill out one form online when you submit your application. This also needs to be printed and submitted alongside the rest of your documents at Gerry's.
Appendix 2 you have to print out and fill it by hand and also submit together with the rest of your documents.
Please check which appendix applies to the category you are applying in.
I applied in Cat A, therefore it was the financial appendix which applied to me.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:18 pm

What musriz has said is correct. You fill it out online, print and submit with your documents. Double check everything you fill online. Don't make a mistake at all, and don't lie. If they ask that you've applied before, say yes. Make sure you check where they ask for income properly, one digit wrong and it could cause a major headache.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Quiet on the front today. In'Sha'Allah some get good RFC tomorrow. Keep hope and faith people! 8)

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm

prayforus wrote:Quiet on the front today. In'Sha'Allah some get good RFC tomorrow. Keep hope and faith people! 8)

Yes insha'Allah prayforus.
We are all waiting for easter break to be over and BHC re-opening tommorrow.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:42 pm

musriz wrote:
prayforus wrote:Quiet on the front today. In'Sha'Allah some get good RFC tomorrow. Keep hope and faith people! 8)

Yes insha'Allah prayforus.
We are all waiting for easter break to be over and BHC re-opening tommorrow.

oh gosh I do hope so, good luck to everyone. :)
... Rubbish

nimi

passport sumitted for visa to uk

Post by nimi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Partner submitted passport on 1april 2014 at Lahore visa office for visa stamp. Hoe long does it take

zeeh
Member of Standing

Re: passport sumitted for visa to uk

Post by zeeh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 pm

nimi wrote:Partner submitted passport on 1april 2014 at Lahore visa office for visa stamp. Hoe long does it take
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 WEEKS
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

nimi

Post by nimi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

zeeh wrote:
nimi wrote:Partner submitted passport on 1april 2014 at Lahore visa office for visa stamp. Hoe long does it take
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 WEEKS
Omg that is so long. Reading posts on this site people are getting passports back within 2 weeks

zia123
Newly Registered

Post by zia123 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi and Assalamualaikum, if I apply for flr (m) from Islamabad on the basis of carers exempt of income threshold how long will it ideally take. Anyone done it recently ? Thanks

moon1192
Newly Registered

Post by moon1192 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am

i cant check my status of application please suggest me the real website or email address from where i can check my visa processing.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 am

moon1192 wrote:i cant check my status of application please suggest me the real website or email address from where i can check my visa processing.

The tracking service is not available anymore.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:04 am

nimi wrote:
zeeh wrote:
24 WEEKS
Omg that is so long. Reading posts on this site people are getting passports back within 2 weeks

Not sure whose posts you have seen where they have received their passports back in 2 weeks.
The majority of us have been waiting for 3-4 months and some even longer.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:08 am

moon1192 wrote:i cant check my status of application please suggest me the real website or email address from where i can check my visa processing.

https://www.vfsglobal.org/ukg-passportt ... d&ErrMsg=1
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Does anybody know any numbers or emails I can contact about this income hearing ? Because I would really like to know what is happening with this and how long can our lives be paused away from loved ones. Watching my daughter breaks my heart who had a dad but still can't have a dad

moon1192
Newly Registered

Post by moon1192 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 pm

i submitted my application on 24 march 2014 after a week BHC send me a letter in which they wrote that my application is delayed due to lack of evidence as my sponsor could not meet the financial requirement.after that my husband send them all documents.i want to ask you how long it will take

bilaljee
Newly Registered

Post by bilaljee » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Can some please let me know if priority service for settlement visa available in Pakistan for £ 300 extra.

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:19 pm

I would also be interested to know whether the priority service for settlement visa is viable.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

fn286

Post by fn286 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am

Dear flozo64 an bilaljee,

I find it hard to believe there is any or will ever be any priority service for UK, not even for any country in the world. There are certain checks that need to done before visa is granted and there is no time limit for those checks. And also some cases takes longer to assess.

These websites can have errors. Priority visa is only for visit and that also depends on case to case. Priority service won't guarantee visa or quick decision but early assessment... BHC doesn't have to do much to delay your case.. all they need to say under review...checks awaited...

There are many other errors on these websites...help text is also ridiculus..FAQs are in complete... you can only take a chance by paying £300 extra...lets other know if it worked... second option...make a stronger case and get the outcome sooner :)