ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse application to uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

missy1
Newly Registered

Spouse application to uk

Post by missy1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:55 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on a few things when submitting a vaf2 settlement form.

can a family memeber also be a sponsor aswell as myself for my husband?

how soon after marriage can you submit the application form?, i have heard to wait as it looks better ???

is it better for me to change my docs into my married name before we submit app?

as it is my husband first time traveling is it better for him to apply for visa or settlement?

any help on this would be greatful xx

bash_h

Re: spuse application to uk

Post by bash_h » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi Missy,

[quote="missy1"]
can a family memeber also be a sponsor aswell as myself for my husband?
Yes, but you would need to submit strong supporting evidence.

how soon after marriage can you submit the application form?, i have heard to wait as it looks better ???
You can submit it the same day you get married if you want, as long as you have the paperwork (marriage certificate, other supporting docs, pictures etc)!

is it better for me to change my docs into my married name before we submit app?
Not necessary, because the marriage certificate should give both your names.

as it is my husband first time traveling is it better for him to apply for visa or settlement?
I think you mean a visit visa or a settlement visa. I would say a settlement visa, as when its accepted, he gets a 2 year visa to live in the UK. He should arrive in the UK shortly after he gets the visa. Alternatively, if there is something holding him back before starting a life in the UK (business or some other reason) you may find it better to wait until nearer to the time and apply then. Though you have to keep in mind the timescales at each embassy.

It would also help if you give us your nationality (I assume your a british citizen?) and the nationality of your husband, you'll get more 'tailored' advice.

missy1
Newly Registered

Post by missy1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 am

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response, my nationality is british , and my husband is a jamaican..

his sister has given a letter of fianacial support and her bank statements, i will also financialy supprt him, but i dont have alot of savings so thought it would be better if a family member could also support him.

the refusal rate is soo high in jamaica , any advice or tips you have would be great!

thanks for all the advice!!