ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse to ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

spouse to ilr

Post by ruqiaabibi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 pm

hi i came to uk as aPBS dependent on tire1 general . i submitted my first application before the 09/07/2012 but my application was refused and later on i granted my appeal and i came to uk on 17/07/2013 after 12/05/2014 i went for extension and i extend my visa as a spouse because that time my husband status was change from tire 1 genral to ILR . now i am on spouse visa now i am not sure that i can apply for ILR after i spend tow years over here . either i can combine one year on PBS dependet and one on spouse visa to meat the requirments of tow years for ILR

vinny

Re: spouse to ilr

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:49 am

When did you apply for FLR(M)?
How long was your FLR(M) granted for?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Post by ruqiaabibi » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:34 am

I applied for FLR(m) on 12/5/14 and it expiring on 12/11/16

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:11 am

Unfortunately, you were unlucky. You applied for FLR(M) after the changes. They correctly granted you leave under Appendix FM for 30 months. It reset your qualifying period for SET(M). You should spend at least 5 years under FLR(M) before applying for SET(M).

Therefore, extend FLR(M) shortly before it expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Post by ruqiaabibi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:34 pm

How long it take to get your record from home office

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:36 pm

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Post by ruqiaabibi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:43 pm

I Spock to home office they said I coming under old rules bcz my first application was submitted before rule change then how I can't combine spouse and pbs to meet tow years period for qilulifying for Ilr

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Unfortunately, Immigration applicants cannot rely on telephone calls with Home Office. The rules had changed when you switched to FLR(M). Why did you switch?

You can try your luck, but may lose your fees if they refuse.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Those are the Home Office call centre have no idea what they talk about. They actually do just say what they think sounds right.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Post by ruqiaabibi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:03 am

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, Immigration applicants cannot rely on telephone calls with Home Office. The rules had changed when you switched to FLR(M). Why did you switch?

You can try your luck, but may lose your fees if they refuse.
According to this changes pbd dependent are not allowed to swtich to flrm then why they allow me to swtich after 6 April 2014 to swtich to flrm then

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 am

If you satisfied the requirements of Appendix FM and there are no grounds for refusing, then you may switch to FLR(M) under Appendix FM.

Under what category did your partner apply for ILR, as a PBS migrant or under Long residence?

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Post by ruqiaabibi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:03 am

vinny wrote:If you satisfied the requirements of Appendix FM and there are no grounds for refusing, then you may switch to FLR(M) under Appendix FM.

Under what category did your partner apply for ILR, as a PBS migrant or under Long residence?
Under pbs migrant and the first application for pbs migrant I submitted on 11/6/2012 before the changes for ilr

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:26 am

It would have been in your best interest to extend as a PBS dependant in 12/05/2014 apply for SET(O) under 319E no sooner than 28 days prior to 17/07/2015.

Unfortunately, this is no longer possible.

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Post by ruqiaabibi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 am

vinny wrote:It would have been in your best interest to extend as a PBS dependant in 12/05/2014 apply for SET(O) under 319E no sooner than 28 days prior to 17/07/2015.

Unfortunately, this is no longer possible.
Is any chance to go for appeal or some thing

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:06 am

Not sure what you can do. It was your choice to switch to FLR(M). It would have been different, if you had switched prior to 6th April 2014, when they may grant leave for 24 months under 285, prior to 284(i) being changed (56,58).

I think that rohans was very lucky.

ruqiaabibi
Newly Registered

Re: B1 Qualification

Post by ruqiaabibi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:56 pm

hi any body told me that i got entery leve 3 B1 certificate awarding body is EMD and i passed it in 2013 can i used this for ILR before Nowember 2015