ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa 2nd part - do not meet the finance requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

confused123456
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa 2nd part - do not meet the finance requirement

Post by confused123456 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I have asked this in a post by someone else but think might be better to create my own post.

Basically my husband's 1st part spouse visa will expire on 07/04/2017.

I was self-employed before and managed to sponsor him last time but now my business is not going well.

My husband just started his business too and if the expiry date is a few weeks in April next year we will have both have our account audited and confirmed income for a whole tax year but there's no way before 7/04 we could get it done as tax year ends 05/04.

Is there other ways we could apply for 2nd part of the visa? Any suggestions please?

As I don't want him to start again with the 10 year- partner route.

I was thinking of applying the 10 year-route then vary it to 5 year-route once we have all the documents - or just send documents without the accounts information then submit it a few weeks later?

Otherwise we have to give up our business and look for a salaried job and it might be difficult as they will want 6 month payslips..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

confused123456
Newly Registered

Rental Income for FLR extension

Post by confused123456 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:32 am

Hi,

I am in process of buying a Buy To Let property and wondering if the rental income can count towards the financial requirement to sponsor my spouse?

His visa expires on 7th April 2018 and my income is not enough. He has just started his self-employment but for a full financial year it runs from April-April next year 2018 so he will not have his account in time.

I have couple of questions:

1) If I have rental income do they deduct the mortgage payments and management fees? And I will not this rental income for a 12 month period (will 5 or 6 months acceptable?)

2) Can I combine the non-salaried employment Cat B with self-employment as I have income about £3000 for self-employment 2016-2017 financial year and will earn about £16000 for non-salaried employment Cat B (agency work)

Please if anyone can help I would really appreciate your help! We are just worried now as we are both working and earning more than the required income but unfortunately it doesn't work out nicely with the timing!

Thanks

vinny

Re: Rental Income for FLR extension

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:42 am

See also Appendix FM-SE. They appear to accept income from non-employment sources, such as rental income.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Spouse Visa 2nd part - do not meet the finance requireme

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.