ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and employment contract help plz!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

May_2
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and employment contract help plz!

Post by May_2 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi,

I have secured a job, however it is a fixed term contract, for 7 months, (till March 2012), would this be ok, if I am sending 3 months payslips, and the process takes up to say 3 months, would it cause problems?

( A little background history:
I have known my husband since 2007 and married him in pakistan in 2009, having my son in 2010. All that time it was difficult finding a job because of the baby, but Masha'Allah he's older now and I seem to have found a job as a Teaching Assistant and want my husband to be with us as soon as possible, the problem is most of these jobs are funding related and last typically 7 months till 1 year with the option of applying again when the contract is finished, would this be ok if i explained properly and also I have savings of about £4000, and Inshallah will find a job quickly again after the contract is finished. )

Any help appreciated, Thank you.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 am

The BHC in Pakistan make employment inquiries with your employer. If they find out that your job is a temporary contract, there is a good possibility that your visa may be refused`..... Its just something you should bear in mind especially if you are going to spend all that money in applying, only for it to be refused for above reason :wink:

May_2
Newly Registered

Post by May_2 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Thank you for your reply batley khan! I really appreciate it!

I will be stating my job as a temporary contract, but if I was to present it as a job that could lead to the contract being renewed for the next school year, as most of these jobs are advertised again for the following school year, with an excellent chance that the same people apply again and are taken on, its just because of the funding that it is done this way.
If the school/employer writes a letter to confirm this (that the position will be available the following year), and mine and my husband's finances show that we will not need public funds, there is still a chance that the visa will not be denied. right?

I think the optimist in me is seeing your answer as a suggestion that there is a chance :) even though I know I need to be realistic. However the baby and me have been away from husband too long that I think I'd be willing to take the risk.

Thanks again for your answer, and I would also like to say your posts have always been informative; this is my first time posting, but I am always reading up about the process from other people and their posts. :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 pm

You are welcomed to the forum. A well presented application with the correct documents etc is the trick in being issued a visa,

Read the link below my name. It will give you an idea of what docs and evidence you will require and how to prepare your application,

If there are specific question, then don't hesitate to post and we'll see what we can do for you. :wink: