ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal (oral hearing)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rhy1988
Newly Registered

Spouse visa appeal (oral hearing)

Post by Rhy1988 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:19 am

Hi guys, just looking for a it of advice. I have appealed my husbands spouse visa, he was refused on the grounds of his criminal record. He's sentence was not considered spent. However do they applied the 10year spent sentence rule on him which was incorrect it is the 5year spent sentence. Got paper work from the tribunal the Eco has upheld their decision b has agreed that they applied the wrong law to him and in fact he does fall into the 5year spent sentence which is to finish this year March 2015. I have an acute physical condition I supplied medical letters etc, the Eco said that I have enough help support from family and nhs she sees no reason as to why I would need my husbands. And lastly I cited article 8 right to family life , is my basic human right. The Eco stated that she cannot see any family life between me and my husband. I have been given an appeal hearing date for May by then his spent sentence would be done...any ideas what to expect and what I can do to help my case? Doc and consultant and therapist will be giving me supported letters and family, husband will be getting charge to reference from work and people of standing in his community. I'm really worried and axioms, I'm battling with my health now I am battling with the border agency. I've just had major surgery and coming to terms with losing my sight...I hope this works and the judge has some empathy.
Ray88 - 1-Mar-15 @ 8:10 AM