ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application financial

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tomjones
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa application financial

Post by tomjones » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi

I am putting in an application 1st time and I would like advise on cash savings I work and I have the correct amount of savings but I have bank statements for some cash gifts that were transferred but not others, I have letters declaring who has given me what to say how much I got from each person who gifted me and where they work. Will this be enough for an accepted visa if not what are the chances of rejection. Also one solicitor told me they couldn't do my case because I had no bank statements evidence for some of the money given to me by family members but is this neccasaryy?

please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa application financial

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 pm

UKVI can, and often do, ask for proof of source of funds. They want to establish you have 'saved' the money and not 'borrowed' it.

How much savings do you have and how long has it been in your account?

Don't you meet the financial requirement with your salary?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa application financial

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Yes because in order to qualify, the Case Worker will want to see an evidence trail of the source of the funds. A letter proves nothing. :idea:

Edit: Beaten once again by CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.