ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mallick
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application Help

Post by mallick » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi,
I am applying spouse visa for my wife who is currently in Pakistan.
I have prepared the case and read a lot of helpful guidance on this website
just want some advice related to my case.
I am a British Citizen ..
Basically we did our Nikahh (Islamic Marrige) in March 2014 and did the Rukhsati (Reception) in August 2016
The reason for this is she was studying in 2014 and was in her 3rd year of MBBS when we did the Nikah so after her final yr we did the Rukhsati but medical students have to do 1 year house job which is about to end in march 2017 therefore I didnt apply for her spouse visa till now.
Now as she is almost finishing her Degree with 1 year house job which is even required by British Medical Association if she want to practice here, I am applying for her visa
I have gathered all the proves such as her degree certificate, house job certificate
My travel tickets to pakistan and our pics during my visit our chat logs in those years and then the reception cards and all
DO I need anything else to prove that we are genuinely married also she is now 3 months pregnant so I believe I have a strong case

Please any further advice/guidance will be very helpful

Kind Regards,

mallick
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Application Help

Post by mallick » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Is there anyone who can help me with my above asked questions ?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't know as what are you asking exactly? But I think if both partners were physically present and the nikah has been performed and produced marriage certificate then it shouldn't matter as what other cultural & religious ceremonies should necessarily be performed but if performed then it can boost the case. But I think if you did reception later onbut still have been able to maintain subsisting relationship from nikkah time with your partner then it should be fine. You can explain all that in covering letter too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks for your reply Seagul. I was just trying to get an opinion about the gap between the Nikah and Valima Ceremony as If I need to provide any other document or not. Here is the list of documents I am submitting with my application have a look and Plz advice if something else need to be added.
1. Cover Letter
2. Explanation Letter
3. Family Settlement Application form VAF4A
4. APPENDIX 2 of VAF 4A Financial Requirement Form
5. Sponsorship Undertaking SU07/12
6. Marriage documents of Main applicant and Sponsor
 Marriage Certificate in English from NADRA.
 Nikah Certificate from Local Imam.
 Wedding invitation Card.
 Reception invitation Card.
 Nikah Ceremony ,Marriage and Reception Photographs
7. Attested Passport Copy of Sponsor
8. Employment Documents of Sponsor
 Initial Employment contract.
 Confirmation of Employment letter.
 Payslips for the last 6 months.
9. Bank Statements of Sponsor
 Halifax Bank Statements for the last 6 months
10. Prove of Communication between Sponsor & Main applicant
 Facebook chat logs.
 Viber chat and call logs.
 WhatsApp chat and call logs.
 Sponsor’s Tickets to Pakistan
 Photographs during sponsor’s visit to Pakistan
11. Tenancy Agreement
 Agreement.
 NOC from Landlord
12. IELTS Certificate of applicant.
13. MBBS Degree and House Job Certificate of the Main Applicant

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Mallick,

you got most of the stuff covered. just to advise on few more docs.

have you got nikah nama english translated copy?
have you done attestation for urdu, english nikah nama and nadra marriage certificate from foreign affairs office?

to prove relationship is genuine.. only picture and chats are not always enough. HO sometimes like to see if the sponsor has send any gifts and money to applicant. since you got married in 2014 and it is long time and i am just assuming that HO can raise questions on how the applicant was supported after Islamic marriage.

make sure explain all point in your cover letter and make sure for your own benefits do explain/reason that you can not move back to Pakistan and live with your wife there. because someone i know they refused and they asked why the sponsor can not move back to wife country and live there.

i have recently applied for my wife and we got married Nikah in november 2015 and getting married in jan next month and i have successfuly got my wife visa very recently.

All the best

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks for your Reply Zk0023

Yes I do have the English Translation of the Nikahh Nama but I dont think we have done the attestation from Foreign Affair Office if its compulsory then I will ask my brother to get it done ?

As we did (Rukhsati) in August 2016 after a 1.5 yr of Nikah, since then I am taking care of her financially but earlier she was living with her Father and was a student so I didnt send any direct money to her but we did exchange money and gifts on different occasions such as on Eids and Birthdays but how to prove that ?? pics of sharing gifts ??

I am doing well here and making progress in my career, also after getting my education and starting my career in the field of IT moving back to Pakistan was not a sensible option for me considering that situation over there is not that well for the past few years ...would this reason will be enough to justify my stay in UK ?

Waiting for your Reply

Thanks alot

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:47 pm

mallick wrote:Thanks for your Reply Zk0023

Yes I do have the English Translation of the Nikahh Nama but I dont think we have done the attestation from Foreign Affair Office if its compulsory then I will ask my brother to get it done ?

As we did (Rukhsati) in August 2016 after a 1.5 yr of Nikah, since then I am taking care of her financially but earlier she was living with her Father and was a student so I didnt send any direct money to her but we did exchange money and gifts on different occasions such as on Eids and Birthdays but how to prove that ?? pics of sharing gifts ??

I am doing well here and making progress in my career, also after getting my education and starting my career in the field of IT moving back to Pakistan was not a sensible option for me considering that situation over there is not that well for the past few years ...would this reason will be enough to justify my stay in UK ?

Waiting for your Reply

Thanks alot
Although I have no practical experience but I think there should not be any issue as when was the Rukhsati takes place as long as the Nikkah was legally performed and yield marriage certificate. I also guess that only HO will want to see subsisting relationship from Nikahh time till now. You should also explain the factual reason (studying) as well in covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks a lot Seagul

Yes, I have explained in detail in my cover letter about her studies and house job and included the original degree certificate and House Job certificate as a supporting document to proof that she was genuinely studying by that time. For subsisting relationship from Nikahh time till now I am providing these docs and also
10. Proof of Communication between Sponsor & Main applicant
 Facebook chat logs.
 Emails
 Sponsor’s Travel Tickets to Pakistan for the year of 2014 2015 and 2016
 Photographs during sponsor’s visit to Pakistan ( eg our trips to different resturants, exchange of gifts etc)

I dont know wht else I can include

Also shall I include her Pregnancy report ?

Thanks alot u guys are really helpful

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Based on comm
mallick wrote:10. Proof of Communication between Sponsor & Main applicant
 Facebook chat logs.
 Emails
 Sponsor’s Travel Tickets to Pakistan for the year of 2014 2015 and 2016
 Photographs during sponsor’s visit to Pakistan ( eg our trips to different resturants, exchange of gifts etc)

I dont know wht else I can include

Also shall I include her Pregnancy report ?
Based on common sense which I wish case worker use these subsisting items should be enough. Based that also make sure that your spouse has passed the correct English language test like ielts skills for life from approved centre, TB test etc.

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks All for your great help.

Yes, She has passed the right IELTS test from the approved center. and will be going for the TB test next week.

Kind Regards

ab_ke_baras
Newly Registered

Post by ab_ke_baras » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:28 am

salam malick,

could you not use your spouse MBBS degree to cover the english test requirment/IELTs part ?

also do share your timeline when you finished with submitting all your documents

thanks

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:56 pm

I dont know mate i just went with the IELTS in addition to the MBBS degree ,dont want to give them any reason to delay the process

I will update the time line after submitting the documents.

Thanks

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello mate, I am on the same boat, I got Nikkah 1.6 year ago and did rukhsati recently. She is also mbbs and she did her ielts academic but it came out that the ielts was not acceptable as it's not on the list of approved tests so we had to get the A1 ielts again. Just got her results and she passed, Thanks to Seagull who pointed out so make sure that you got this covered. One question is how can i book her TB test can i book before i fill up the form? please let me know thanks.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 pm

I found this
Lahore – IOM, Migration Health Assessment Centre
70-H, Gulberg-III, Lahore
Call centre for appointments: Uan: +92 51 111 466 472

do i simply need to call them up and book? Howlong is the test valid for? thanks

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 am

Hi Macy,
Nice to know that you have a similar case as mine.
Yes I checked her ILETS test center no its in the approved list of centers.

Here is the list of Approved TB test clinics for Pakistan
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-pakistan

Thanks

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:48 am

mallick wrote:Hi Macy,
Nice to know that you have a similar case as mine.
Yes I checked her ILETS test center no its in the approved list of centers.

Here is the list of Approved TB test clinics for Pakistan
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-pakistan

Thanks
Hello Mate, I have got the medical done yesterday and now about to send the application. Did you get the seperate accomodation? Because i rented a separate flat through agency and i have agency tenancy agreement with letter of confirmation. I came to know that i do not need the property inspection report if the flat is empty and letter confirms the availability.

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 pm

The property inspection report in not mandatory therefore I didnt get that as well, although I got the No objection letter signed from my landlord stating that

"This is to confirm that Mr. XXXX has rented a flat, (address) managed by me. The property has enough space to accommodate his spouse (Wife name) and I have no objection on accommodating his spouse to be on his rented flat.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case if you need any further details. "

I have applied online yesterday and booked the appointment in karachi visa center after that I will send the supporting doc according to this link
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html

Hopefully everything goes smoothly

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:14 am

Hello Mate thanks for the detailed reply, My documentation is simmilar with same time after nikkah, the only difference is our nikkah was done over skype, i am not sure if i should add skype pics etc as wedding ceremony proofs are added in much more detail, furthermore i have not done my passport pages notarized neither i have done the nikkah forighn affairs attestation, bcoz nadra issued a certificate in English of Nikkah registration which is itself an official document. I hope i am doing it right.

Howlong does it take to book an appointment online,? i will book in Lahore. Thanks again.

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am

There is no need to get passport pages notarized, according to the guide this is the requirements

Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in the UK
This could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passport or Travel Document
 valid UK visa or UK stamp from their passports
 Home Office letter confirming their permission to stay in the UK

I have attached the original nikahh nama with a sticky note on it stating that its the Nikah namma from local imam/council and NADRA certificate in English of Nikkah registration is I hope enough as I have done the same thing.

Online process itself takes 15 to 20 mins overall and for appointment they give you a window of 2 weeks to select the date and time for ur wife to come to visa center in pakistan to register Biometric and online applicaiton form once she is done with that then u can send the supporting doc from here to sheffield .

I am not sure about the Skype Nikah pics, i believe if u r mentioning that ur nikah is done over skype in ur application then may be need to give the evidence. ppl with such experience can give more authentic answer.

This is a helpful link as well
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 03755.html
Thanks

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:38 am

Hi all,

I am slightly confuse about the visa application process here

online application made: 17 Jan 2017
Biometric in pakistan: 24 Jan 2017
Supporting Documents send:27 Jan 2017
Supporting Documents received back: 31 Jan 2017

I am not sure but they sentt each and everything back in my application pack including the application form appendix 2 and sponsor letter, there is no acknowledgement letter or anything which can assure that they process the docs.

I am not sure wht to do as if they are done with the documents or I need to contact them to make sure I they have received it and returned it back to me

Plz suggest and share if something similar happened to one of you

Thanks

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 am

Also I can see from the Royal mail tracking that they received my application pack on 30th jan 2017 at 10:30am and by 6:30pm they sent it back on the same day and i received it on 31st jan. this creates alot of confusion in my mind never experienced or heard such a quick response :shock:

I added the paid return envelop with my application. that might help the fast return :?

I have checked the address I sent on and its correct
UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

Plz share ur thoughts guys

Thanks a lot

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:16 pm

The only satisfactory thing I can see on the return envelop is the GWF reference no written on the front, which shows they have done the screening of the documents. Otherwise everything is returned back as it was sent just the order of the documents is shuffled a bit.

Plz if anyone can comment with such experience or heard something like this will be very helpful for my satisfaction :)

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 pm

HO scan the documents into their system and send originals back to you. It doesn't mean any more than that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Thanks CR001 for the response found some other forums to get the answer of my own question

Here are the links for everyone who has experienced the same

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 15041.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 15041.html

mallick
Newly Registered

Post by mallick » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Is there any way to check online status of the application ?