ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application Nigeria...pls advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chizzy
Newly Registered

spouse visa application Nigeria...pls advise

Post by chizzy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi can anyone pls advise me.

My hubby is abt to submit printed copy of online app and appendix, visa fee, biometrics with 2 photos to Lagos vfs.
I will then send on supporting docs from the UK to Sheffield.
Can anyone advise if I can just print off the online app to send with supporting docs, or does it have to be a signed one? if so, he will have to post it from NIgeria to me???

Also can anybody shed some light in idiot terms the 28 day rule on supporting docs? Is it true that all docs need to dated before the application date?

Many Thanks xxx

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Re: spouse visa application Nigeria...pls advise

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 am

chizzy wrote:Hi can anyone pls advise me.

My hubby is abt to submit printed copy of online app and appendix, visa fee, biometrics with 2 photos to Lagos vfs.
Can anyone advise if I can just print off the online app to send with supporting docs, or does it have to be a signed one? if so, he will have to post it from NIgeria to me???

Also can anybody shed some light in idiot terms the 28 day rule on supporting docs? Is it true that all docs need to dated before the application date?

Many Thanks xxx

Just print off the online application showing your spouse VAC reference number.

Please make sure you give all relevant supporting documents before you send it else it is a guarantee refusal...I believe that not what you want.

Check on this forum you will see supporting documents that are expected from you to support your spouse application.

Ensure you have documents evidence that your marriage is genuine and subsisting ... submit photos, phone call logs, email logs, Skype logs, joint account statements, money transfer receipts etc.

About the 28 days for all documents I don't think it's what you stated here. Just make sure the letters from your organization is within the 28 days, submit financial supporting documents (letter from Employer, original payslips with stamps, original bank statements etc) are all at least dated a month before the date of your application.

I wish you all the best.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:34 pm

chizzy wrote:Hi can anyone pls advise me.

Yes the last bank statement and wage slip must not go far beyond 28 days when application lodged

Many Thanks xxx

chizzy
Newly Registered

Post by chizzy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Many Thanks for the advice, it is really appreciated.

He is submitting his app tomorrow....let the wait commence xxx

alf32
Newly Registered

hi

Post by alf32 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I have private messaged you

vinny

Re: spouse visa - land registry docs

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:30 pm

chizzy wrote:Anybody know if the online copies of land registry documents will be sufficient for Spouse Visa application, supporting documents. My originals where accidently destroyed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:12 am

The online land registry documents from the land registry website is the live document not a copy, their whole system is online now.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am

chizzy wrote:Hi
my husband submitted his application for a spouse visa along with visa fee biometrics etc.
I am about to send all supporting docs to Sheffield, can anybody please advise that along with a copy of the completed online app, do I also have to send the appendix 2 also and Sponsor Undertaking form???

pls advise

thanks
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:03 am

Yes to appendix 2, a sponsorship undertaking form shouldn't be required.

mag4jesus
Newly Registered

Post by mag4jesus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Recently submitted in October and can confirm that the completed online app was sent to Sheffield but not the Appendix 2 or Sponsor Undertaking Form. Sponsor undertaking form should be submitted at the VAC.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 am

The appendix 2 form is crucial! That is the form used to explain how you meet the financial requirement.

maurichick
Newly Registered

Post by maurichick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:11 pm

mag4jesus wrote:Recently submitted in October and can confirm that the completed online app was sent to Sheffield but not the Appendix 2 or Sponsor Undertaking Form. Sponsor undertaking form should be submitted at the VAC.

Hi mag4jesus. Have you been successful and if so, how long did it take?