ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa apply from uk , spouse on visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sak20099
- thin ice -

Spouse visa apply from uk , spouse on visit visa

Post by sak20099 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question , I am British national ,my wife is Pakistani national and currently in UK on visit visa as she came to give MRCS medical exam.
Can I apply for her Spouse visa from UK ? And can she remain in UK while I apply for her spouse visa from UK or she has to go to Pakistan to apply?

Appreciate any help

Casa

Re: Spouse visa apply from uk , spouse on visit visa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:19 pm

No, this can only be applied for from her home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:56 pm

And there is a very specific process for spouse visas from Pakistan. See link below for the step by step process and where you have to send different documents etc.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 93554.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Charles White
Newly Registered

Post by Charles White » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:22 pm

[You may be mistaken there. She has to be in her country of residence yes but the application can be done through lawyers here in the UK

Charles White
Newly Registered

Post by Charles White » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Charles White wrote:[You may be mistaken there. She has to be in her country of residence yes but the application can be done through lawyers here in the UK
Do not make the mistakes i made. See a lawyer because the percentage of success when you do it on your own is 35%. There is a lot of stuff they the UKVI do not share.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Charles White wrote:
Charles White wrote:[You may be mistaken there. She has to be in her country of residence yes but the application can be done through lawyers here in the UK
Do not make the mistakes i made. See a lawyer because the percentage of success when you do it on your own is 35%. There is a lot of stuff they the UKVI do not share.
Absolute nonsense. Most people do the applications on their own and most have success. A lawyer cannot guarantee success and a number members who do use lawyers have also received refusals. UKVI rules on spouse visa is clear, nothing 'hidden'.

Again, stop digging up older threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.