ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

1kam1
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by 1kam1 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife was granted a visa on 27/03/14, she entered the UK on the 02/04/14 with a 33 month visa. My wife at the time of the application did not receive a biometric card. In my first application I had submitted:

Sponsor (BRITISH CITIZEN):
1. Sponsors letter (Done by the solicitor)
2. Employment letter
3. Bank statements showing monthly income – 6 Months
4. Wage slips 6 Months
5. Birth certificate copy – Notary Tested
6. Passport copy – Notary Tested
7. Cash savings – 6 Months
8. Property Inspection Report – Estate agent
9. Parents letter to say that the spouse’s wife can live in the property
10. Photographs (Engagement)
11. Wedding invitation cards
12. Proof of address
13. Flight bookings
14. P60 from my employer
15. Communications between me and my wife (Email, Watsapp messages and telephone calls)

Applicant (INDIAN CITIZEN)
1. Passport Copy – Notary Tested
2. English Cambridge B1 Test
3. TB Test Certificate

Marriage Certificate Copy – Notary Tested

The questions I have for my wife’s next application are:

1. What date can I apply for my wife’s next application?
2. At the time she had done her English Cambridge B1? Will they accept this?
3. Do I have to submit all the above again and do I need to add any other documents to the new application?
4. How do I obtain a biometric card for my wife?
5. What is the NHS charge as we didn’t pay this in her first application? When and where can I make this payment?
6. Do I need to submit anything else with this application?

Thanks
Kam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:57 pm

1. What date can I apply for my wife’s next application? Within 28 days of her current visa expiring. She can apply by post or in person for a same day decision.

2. At the time she had done her English Cambridge B1? Will they accept this? Not sure as the rules have changed on what is accepted.

3. Do I have to submit all the above again and do I need to add any other documents to the new application? You/she has to meet ALL the same requirements again for the extension (English A1 minimum, 6 months payslips and bank statements showing you meet the financial requirement, proof of 2 years cohabitation to prove subsisting marriage. You DO NOT need the engagement and wedding stuff or the email/whatsapp etc stuff.

4. How do I obtain a biometric card for my wife? You don't need this before she applies. Assuming she got a vignette in her passport valid for 33 months.

5. What is the NHS charge as we didn’t pay this in her first application? When and where can I make this payment? Yes, she will have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge. This only came into effect in April 2015. See Immigration Health Surcharge (click)

6. Do I need to submit anything else with this application? Read through the FLR(M) form and guidance notes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinuk
Newly Registered

Post by vinuk » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
1. What date can I apply for my wife’s next application? Within 28 days of her current visa expiring. She can apply by post or in person for a same day decision.

Can they apply any earlier than that ? I read somewhere that you can apply three months plus 28 days before the expiry of that visa? that is about 4 months before the expiry? when is that possible?
If the applicant entred uk one month after getting the visa what is the earliest they can apply ?
what are the potential downsides of applying as early as possibly allowed ( assuming the applicant arrived in UK a month after visa was issued, so wasted one month out of the 3 month window) To pass FLR M does the applicant have to be in UK for a min period ?

2. At the time she had done her English Cambridge B1? Will they accept this? Not sure as the rules have changed on what is accepted.

3. Do I have to submit all the above again and do I need to add any other documents to the new application? You/she has to meet ALL the same requirements again for the extension (English A1 minimum, 6 months payslips and bank statements showing you meet the financial requirement, proof of 2 years cohabitation to prove subsisting marriage. You DO NOT need the engagement and wedding stuff or the email/whatsapp etc stuff.

Do they have to prove accom again ?

4. How do I obtain a biometric card for my wife? You don't need this before she applies. Assuming she got a vignette in her passport valid for 33 months.

5. What is the NHS charge as we didn’t pay this in her first application? When and where can I make this payment? Yes, she will have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge. This only came into effect in April 2015. See Immigration Health Surcharge (click)

Is that £ 500 Total for this applicant?. No more to pay later on ? How do you arrive at that fig for this applicant ( dates pls) and up to when will this cover ? will this 500 cover the five years she will have been in UK at the point of applying for ILR ?

6. Do I need to submit anything else with this application? Read through the FLR(M) form and guidance notes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:10 pm

vinuk wrote:Can they apply any earlier than that ? I read somewhere that you can apply three months plus 28 days before the expiry of that visa? that is about 4 months before the expiry? when is that possible? Not everyone gets a 33 months visa, so it depends on your application/circumstances.
If the applicant entred uk one month after getting the visa what is the earliest they can apply ? Not too early otherwise there will be a shortfall for ILR and another 3rd FLR(M) extension will be required.
what are the potential downsides of applying as early as possibly allowed ( assuming the applicant arrived in UK a month after visa was issued, so wasted one month out of the 3 month window) Not too early otherwise there will be a shortfall for ILR and another 3rd FLR(M) extension will be required.
To pass FLR M does the applicant have to be in UK for a min period ?
Ideally yes, it is a residence visa afterall and cohabitation needs to be proved. For ILR on Set(M), absences of 6 months or more have to be declared. Absences should be limited and for good reason. A spouse visa should not be used to reside in home country and only visit the UK. Long absences will have an effect on British citizenship if that is the ultimate aim.

Do they have to prove accom again ? Yes.

Is that £ 500 Total for this applicant?. No more to pay later on ? How do you arrive at that fig for this applicant ( dates pls) and up to when will this cover ? will this 500 cover the five years she will have been in UK at the point of applying for ILR ? £500 per applications/extension. If applying from outside the UK, the IHS fee is £600 and then another £500 when extension is done. IHS fee is £200 per year.
If you have specific questions about an application for yourself or your spouse, please start your own topic with the specifics, as Casa has advised you already in your other 'generic' topic. It is rude to attached your questions onto another members thread and it creates confusion when people respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:13 am

1kam1 wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife was granted a visa on 27/03/14, she entered the UK on the 02/04/14 with a 33 month visa. My wife at the time of the application did not receive a biometric card. In my first application I had submitted:

Sponsor (BRITISH CITIZEN):
1. Sponsors letter (Done by the solicitor)
2. Employment letter
3. Bank statements showing monthly income – 6 Months
4. Wage slips 6 Months
5. Birth certificate copy – Notary Tested
6. Passport copy – Notary Tested
7. Cash savings – 6 Months
8. Property Inspection Report – Estate agent
9. Parents letter to say that the spouse’s wife can live in the property
10. Photographs (Engagement)
11. Wedding invitation cards
12. Proof of address
13. Flight bookings
14. P60 from my employer
15. Communications between me and my wife (Email, Watsapp messages and telephone calls)

Applicant (INDIAN CITIZEN)
1. Passport Copy – Notary Tested
2. English Cambridge B1 Test
3. TB Test Certificate

Marriage Certificate Copy – Notary Tested

The questions I have for my wife’s next application are:

1. What date can I apply for my wife’s next application?
2. At the time she had done her English Cambridge B1? Will they accept this?
3. Do I have to submit all the above again and do I need to add any other documents to the new application?
4. How do I obtain a biometric card for my wife?
5. What is the NHS charge as we didn’t pay this in her first application? When and where can I make this payment?
6. Do I need to submit anything else with this application?

Thanks
Kam
Hi Kam,

If you wife is on your dependant visa then you can also apply for her dependant extension. Find out here. I hope it will help. If you will go for FLR (M) then she has to wait for another 5 years to get her ILR. If she will go for the dependant extension (They grant 3 years visa) then she does not need to wait for another 5 years. If you go for the dependant visa then you will need to pay 600.00 IHS. This visa route's application fee is 1771.00. It is higher than FLR (M)

Check it here for more information.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

And scroll down to Dependants applying in the UK on their own.

You can send postal application or you can use online application and then print that application and post it to the HO. If you go for this route they your wife will not need to provide any English test certificate.

I hope this helps. This is just another route to get the visa. In your case either one you can choose (FLR(M) as CR001 suggested or PBS Dependant extension.

Cheers.