ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mobberleyroad
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by mobberleyroad » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi All,

My husband has ILR since August 2016 & I have leave as a spouse (2,5 years). I will go for extension in 2019 for another 2.5 years. I will be completing 10 years legal stay in th UK in 2020, my question is, what happens if for any reason, my husband is unable to meet the income requirement by the time my current leave expires? I have a son who is a registered British citizen now. What would be my options? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:31 pm

You can apply on FLR(FP) partner route which is a 10 year route to ILR (but you will reach LR before then in 2020)

If you work and earn £18,600pa, you can use your income to meet the financial requirements for FLR(M) in 2019. If you both work and combined you earn the required level, you can also apply using combined income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mobberleyroad
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by mobberleyroad » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks very much.