ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa (UK)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kau10054455
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa (UK)

Post by kau10054455 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am

Hi There,

I am a UK National and got married to my husband a year ago who is from India - Indian nationality. We have just had the confirmation that he has been granted a UK Visa, we used the fast track system and my husband got his decision made within 1 day, yes that's right 1 day.

For anyone who is trying to do the same - trying to bring their partner over to the UK, I would like to tell you exactly how my process went to help you out, as I know how stressful it was! Hope this is useful.

So firstly I did not get a solicitor, my partner and I did a lot of research on what documents we needed. I will list all the supporting documents we submitted along with the documents my husband gave on his side.

Just a quick little briefing about myself - My husband and I started to communicate from Oct 2015 (via social media e.g. whatsapp calls + chat and fb), we had an arranged marriage and got married in Feb 2016 (Religious wedding), then court marraige on Oct 2016.

• Sponsorship form SU07/12 completed and attached
• VA4AF Form completed and attached
• Letter from House of Commons written by MP Roger Godsiff, who has looked into my situation of bringing my husband over to the UK, and given his in take on it.
Applicant:
• Valid Indian Passport
• Supporting letter from applicant
• Certificate Of Registration Of Marriage
• IELTS English test certificate passed (passed on 00/00/0000)
• UK Pre-Departure Tuberculosis Detection Programme Medical Certificate
Sponsor:
• Indian(Punjabi religious) Wedding was held on - 00/02/2016
• Copy of my full passport
• Copy of my birth certificate
• My Flight tickets and all my families and friends when they travelled to and from India, along with boarding passes.
• Copy of passports of my family and friends who travelled to India for our wedding, along with visa copies of passport.
• Wedding invitation cards (from both applicant and sponsors side)
• Evidence of the salon where I got my pre-bridal package done (receipt attached)
• Facebook evidence of salon where I got my makeup and hair done for my wedding (salon put my pictures up on their website on Facebook after they’d dressed me as a bride)
• Proof of wedding pics and also pictures of when ____ and I spent time together after the wedding.
Communication - from Oct 2015 - Current
• Emails
• Facebook messages between ____and I
• Whatsapp call logs between ____ and I
• Whatsapp messages between ___and I
• Proof of cards, gifts and money sent (e.g. birthdays, New Year) between ___and I
Accommodation – Property Owner is Sponsor ? ’s mother, ? name
• Photocopy of Home deeds (HM Land registry)
• Copy of Mortgage proof
• Copy of council tax
• Property Inspection report
• Letter from home owner stating she is happy for applicant and sponsor to live at her address and that there are no issues.
Employment
• Job Offer Letter (when I started employment)
• Recent salary slips (x 7)
• P60 (x 2)
• Letter of employment, from employer as proof of employment
• Bank statements where my salary goes into each month (x7)
As I did not meet the salary of £18,600, I had savings which I provided along with my salary.
• Previous bank statements from current account showing how and where the savings have come from

I visited my husband again in Oct 2016, again I provided flight tickets +boarding passes, proof of pics, hotel receipts etc.

Along with all the supporting documents I also included a cover letter from my behalf explaining everything. This is every single paper/document my husband and I submitted and he was granted his visa.

kau10054455
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa (UK)

Post by kau10054455 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 am

kau10054455 wrote:Hi There,

I am a UK National and got married to my husband a year ago who is from India - Indian nationality. We have just had the confirmation that he has been granted a UK Visa, we used the fast track system and my husband got his decision made within 1 day, yes that's right 1 day.

For anyone who is trying to do the same - trying to bring their partner over to the UK, I would like to tell you exactly how my process went to help you out, as I know how stressful it was! Hope this is useful.

So firstly I did not get a solicitor, my partner and I did a lot of research on what documents we needed. I will list all the supporting documents we submitted along with the documents my husband gave on his side.

Just a quick little briefing about myself - My husband and I started to communicate from Oct 2015 (via social media e.g. whatsapp calls + chat and fb), we had an arranged marriage and got married in Feb 2016 (Religious wedding), then court marraige on Oct 2016.

Applicant:
• Valid Indian Passport
Sponsor:
• My Flight tickets and all my families and friends when they travelled to and from India, along with boarding passes.
• Copy of passports of my family and friends who travelled to India for our wedding, along with visa copies of passport.
• Evidence of the salon where I got my pre-bridal package done (receipt attached)
• Facebook evidence of salon where I got my makeup and hair done for my wedding (salon put my pictures up on their website on Facebook after they’d dressed me as a bride)
• Proof of wedding pics and also pictures of when ____ and I spent time together after the wedding.
• Emails
• Proof of cards, gifts and money sent (e.g. birthdays, New Year) between ___and I
• Copy of Mortgage proof
• Copy of council tax
• Letter from home owner stating she is happy for applicant and sponsor to live at her address and that there are no issues.
Employment
• P60 (x 2)
As I did not meet the salary of £18,600, I had savings which I provided along with my salary.
• Previous bank statements from current account showing how and where the savings have come from

I visited my husband again in Oct 2016, again I provided flight tickets +boarding passes, proof of pics, hotel receipts etc.

Along with all the supporting documents I also included a cover letter from my behalf explaining everything. This is every single paper/document my husband and I submitted and he was granted his visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 am

What is the purpose of bumping your topic??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 am

Maybe it's an over enjoyment which better to enjoy away from forum.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:55 pm

kau10054455 wrote:Hi There,

• Letter from House of Commons written by MP Roger Godsiff, who has looked into my situation of bringing my husband over to the UK, and given his in take on it.
Applicant:
• Valid Indian Passport
Sponsor:
• Emails
• Copy of Mortgage proof
• Copy of council tax
Employment
• P60 (x 2)

Is that letter from house of commons necessary? Do you think it has a bearing on the decision? or not really?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:02 pm

iambakedallday wrote:Is that letter from house of commons necessary? Do you think it has a bearing on the decision? or not really?
Where does the OP state letter from 'house of commons'? Please, continue your questions in your own topic as you have been asked previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iambakedallday
Newly Registered

Post by iambakedallday » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
iambakedallday wrote:Is that letter from house of commons necessary? Do you think it has a bearing on the decision? or not really?
Where does the OP state letter from 'house of commons'? Please, continue your questions in your own topic as you have been asked previously.
Alright my bad, so I guess I can't ask other people from their thread then. My thread hasn't had any replies yet so I've still got questions hanging and looking around the webpage with the same situation. I won't do it again. :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:37 pm

iambakedallday wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Alright my bad, so I guess I can't ask other people from their thread then. My thread hasn't had any replies yet so I've still got questions hanging and looking around the webpage with the same situation. I won't do it again. :wink:
There isn't an issue asking a question, but you have a long topic already and if you keep asking in other members topic, then it becomes a long topic with your questions as it simply snowballs and then creates confusion. If you are not getting responses in your own topic, perhaps it is not clear what you are asking or you have not asked in a way that member understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)