ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subsisting relationship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tani786tk
Newly Registered

Subsisting relationship

Post by Tani786tk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Evening every1

Hope every1 is well

I'm soon to get married in Pakistan in April and apply for visa in September. It's an arranged marriage.

Will the home office take into consideration that it's an arranged marriage and the husband and wife have not spoken dua to religion/culture?

Regarding communication between husband and wife? ( How often is contact to be made between the couple in 1 month to be on the safe side when applying for spouse visa) I.e. Using whatsapp, viber and emails.

How much money is required to be sent from husband to wife in Pakistan to support her and how often to make the relationship look legitimate?

Thanx in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Subsisting relationship

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Tani786tk wrote:Evening every1

Hope every1 is well

I'm soon to get married in Pakistan in April and apply for visa in September. It's an arranged marriage.

Will the home office take into consideration that it's an arranged marriage and the husband and wife have not spoken dua to religion/culture? Yes

Regarding communication between husband and wife? ( How often is contact to be made between the couple in 1 month to be on the safe side when applying for spouse visa) I.e. Using whatsapp, viber and emails. You should submit evidence from date of marriage to date of visa application.

How much money is required to be sent from husband to wife in Pakistan to support her and how often to make the relationship look legitimate? There is no such requirement.

Thanx in advance
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Subsisting relationship

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 am

Tani786tk wrote:Will the home office take into consideration that it's an arranged marriage and the husband and wife have not spoken dua to religion/culture?
There is a requirement for the couple to have met in person. It is perfectly fine for the meeting to have taken place after the marriage and in the presence of others (in a chaperoned setting, for instance), but a purely Skype marriage is not, to the best of my knowledge, acceptable, nor a mere sighting (seeing each other without talking).

See Section 8.1.5 of the Immigration Directorate Instruction Family Migration: Appendix FM Section 1.0a.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.