ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Entrepreneur visa to Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

String
Newly Registered

Switching from Entrepreneur visa to Spouse Visa

Post by String » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Hello,

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

I am a british citizen and UK Passport Holder. My Wife is from India and currently on a tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa living in the UK and has about 18 months left.

I would like to change her visa status as I will be in a position to do so regarding the financial requirements come april next year. I would like to do this as it would relieve the stress and uncertainty attached to this tier 1 visa, it would make travelling out of the country less stressful and it would free her up to do pretty much any work she likes.

Whilst she has made some money working on her own businesses, she does not financially or otherwise meet the excessive full requirements of tier one renewal when the time comes hence my desire to switch visa as it makes sense.

I have a few questions.

1. Is it a normal procedure and relatively simple to switch visa's as stated in the title?

2. When we come to apply in april using my financial's as evidence of supported funds, will she have to also present evidence and/or get investigated as she currently has an entrepreneur visa and has certain expectations placed upon her? At this point I wish to solely use my financial's as evidence, fully aware that we could use both, preferring to keep it as simple as possible and not open any unnecessary boxes.

3. Will her involvement in switching her visa be the same regardless of what visa she is currently on as it is I who will be the sponsor and as such the evidence falls upon myself.

Any information or thoughts would be great as I am simply trying to get a clear idea of what is and what is not possible or advisable right now.

Many thanks for you time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Entrepreneur visa to Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:27 am

1. Is it a normal procedure and relatively simple to switch visa's as stated in the title? Fairly simple and easy if you meet the requirements to switch.

2. When we come to apply in april using my financial's as evidence of supported funds, will she have to also present evidence and/or get investigated as she currently has an entrepreneur visa and has certain expectations placed upon her? At this point I wish to solely use my financial's as evidence, fully aware that we could use both, preferring to keep it as simple as possible and not open any unnecessary boxes. HO might check that she has been complying with the terms of her Tier 1 Ent visa and that income and tax affairs are all in order. You can use only your income to meet the requirement of £18,600pa but that does not mean HO won't check her HMRC records.

3. Will her involvement in switching her visa be the same regardless of what visa she is currently on as it is I who will be the sponsor and as such the evidence falls upon myself. Switching into this visa is the same from whichever one you switch from. You have to meet the requirements of the FLR(M) process. She will also need some proof of subsisting marriage and cohabitation.
She will also need to meet the English language requirement of A1 level or NARIC assessment on a degree if applicable.

The immigration health surcharge will also be payable upfront before submitting the application (by post or in person). The cost of this will be £500 on top of the visa application fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Thankyou cr001, you've been very helpful. Much appreciated.

The financial requirements from me will be met by a combination of employed and self employed bank account deposits. I work in a school as a peripatetic music teacher for employment but I mostly earn in cash being a private music teacher.

Purely hypothetically and without commitment - In your opinion, is this type of financial evidence harder and more complicated due to being cash deposits and self employed income? Is it advisable to find a good solicitor to aid this through the application procedure or is it straightforward enough to do myself?

I have spoken to a few solicitors who say due to my income source that a solicitor is advisable but I'm not sure whether they are scare tactics to gain clients.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Are you registered with HMRC as self employed? You will need to submit much more evidence of self employment and taxes paid (for 12 months & S302) as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi, Yes I am registered with HMRC as a freelance musician and have been for several years.

I am planning on submitting as evidence;

- Bank statements showing employed monthly payments and self employed cash deposits totalling more than £18600 for this current financial year. (I will be submitting the accounts in april 2016 and applying soon after)

- Pay slips for my employed income which match the account statements.

- An SA302 for the financial year

- A letter from a chartered accountant showing the submission details to HMRC.

Is there anything else I should be considering to submit as evidence? e.g. previous years income details or would that be irrelevant.

In light of the above would you kindly have any advice regarding the previous posts question?

Thanks Again.