ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa confused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

szofar
Pakistan

Spouse visa confused

Post by szofar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi

Im a bit confused please advice.

I want help my niece to obtain for her spouse who is in pakistan

I have downloaded forms vaf4a and appendix 2 form for guidance.

This is where the confusion lies. Im assuming the spouse in pakistan is the applicant and my niece is the sponser. Im getting different advice in submitting the forms in sheffield with supporting docs.

Are the forms filled in uk and submitted in sheffield or is it filled in by the spouse in pakistan and submitted in appointed centres

My niece has gone to several agents asking for £500 plus to fill forms in which i can do for her.

Please advice how to do this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa confused

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:16 pm

If your niece is British or has ILR, then yes, she is the sponsor.

Does she meet the financial requirement with a salary of at least £18,600 per annum?

Does her spouse in Pakistan meet the English requirement from an approved test centre?

There is a £600 immigration health surcharge that also has to be paid on top of the visa application fee.

Spouse visa from Pakistan - Update and step by step guide (click)

Spouse visa Pakistan - Useful information from a member (click)

Form is an online process, submitted in Pakistan with the passport.

Only supporting documents are submitting to Sheffield.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:37 pm

My niece recieves DLA
spouse has passed his english course from a approved centre

So let me get this right spouse fills vaf4a online prints it off and signs it he also prints off vaf4 apendix 2 and hand fills it in. With supporting docs he submits at a designated centre in pakistan

Now the partner (my niece uk born) needs to submit her supporting docs at sheffield???

Does she not have to submit any application form with her supporting documents. How will they link it to the application from pakistan???
Sorry to sound dumb but i need to get this right b4 i can process the application.

So when these agents based in uk charge clients for making a applications for spouse visa. How does that work i mean if the aplicant has do it online from pakistan and submit. What help do these agents give???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:53 am

Agents only help up to the point of clicking the 'submit' button. Any representative can apply online on behalf of a migrant and then complete the relevant section of the form.

Once your niece's spouse has submitted, the assumption is that a reference number is generated. This should be sent with the supporting documents or a copy of the online form by post (recorded mail) to Sheffield.

The links I have provided give a detailed step by step process.

An 'agent' is not really required, most people complete the forms etc themselves.

Edited last sentence :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:29 am

CR001 wrote:A...

An 'agent' is really required, most people complete the forms etc themselves.
I would read CR001's last advice as:
An 'agent' is not really required, most people complete the forms etc themselves
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:31 am

I think that CR001 may have meant "an agent is rarely required" or perhaps 'isn't really required" :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:15 pm

@ casa & noajthan - faux pas corrected now :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:46 pm

thanx for the the info

i think i have got my head around this,

from the notes i understand that my niece fills the form on her husbands behalf, submits and then prints off and posts to sheffield.

On the vaf4a form there is a signature by the applicant but no signature on the appendix 2 form.

Who Signs the applicants signature is my niece or the spouse in pakistan

Because on the vaf4a form part 1 ABOUT YOU im assuming is the details of the spouse in pakistan.
the final bit of the jigsaw is who signs the form is it my niece who has filled the form in on her husbands behalf or my niece

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

The applicant is the spouse in Pakistan. He signs it and he submit it.

Have you read the whole first link I provided? It details what needs to be done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm

I have read the first link.
Still a bit vague
So i fill the form in online and submits with payment. The spouse in pakistan prints it off and signs it
So the appendix 2 form is printed off and filled by hand.
do i post it to him???

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Sory forget the appendix 2 question there is no signature required

Still the question do i have to send to him in palistan for signature and returned to me in uk to submit????

szofar
Pakistan

NHS SURCHARGE FORM

Post by szofar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Please can any of you experts advise.
Filling in the Nhs Surcharge form online for my Niece (British citizen based in UK) partner in Pakistan

First question is ARE YOU APPLYING FROM THE UK? does that mean YOU as the niece in UK which will be a yes or YOU the partner in Pakistan which will be a no

and then from starts asking ABOUT YOU. Is the details for my Niece in UK or her partner in Pakistan

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NHS SURCHARGE FORM

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 pm

szofar wrote:Please can any of you experts advise.
Filling in the Nhs Surcharge form online for my Niece (British citizen based in UK) partner in Pakistan

First question is ARE YOU APPLYING FROM THE UK? does that mean YOU as the niece in UK which will be a yes or YOU the partner in Pakistan which will be a no

and then from starts asking ABOUT YOU. Is the details for my Niece in UK or her partner in Pakistan

Thanks in advance
It is the partner who is the APPLICANT so it is HIS details. No, not applying from UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanx CR001

szofar
Pakistan

nhs surcharge question

Post by szofar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:44 am

Hi

I registered to pay for a health surcharge to aquire a ref no for the visa application
im a bit confused i registered successfully issued a referance number bu no payment was asked for.
am i right in thinking that the payment will be asked for when i complete the VF4 form or have i missed something out

Also when is the referance numbr required on the application for because iv filled whole of the form but no section to input the ref numbr ( not submitted yet)

Please advice i could be doing something wrong

Petaltop

Re: nhs surcharge question

Post by Petaltop » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:20 pm

szofar wrote:Hi

I registered to pay for a health surcharge to aquire a ref no for the visa application
im a bit confused i registered successfully issued a referance number bu no payment was asked for.
Are you a citizen of Australia or Canada? On on Tier 2 ICT visa? The spouse of a person who is in the UK armed forces? All these need an IHS number if their visa is for more than 6 months to be able to use the NHS without being billed, but are not required to pay anything.

Here is the list of those who have to register for the IHS number but are not required to anything as they can still use the NHS for free.
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... eed-to-pay
Last edited by Petaltop on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Petaltop wrote:Are you a citizen of Australia or Canada? On on Tier 2 ICT visa? The spouse of a person who is in the UK armed forces? All these get a IHS number but are not required to pay anything.
VAF4 is a spouse visa not Tier 2 ICT.

It is currently Australia and New Zealand citizens that are exempt not Canadians. This exemption looks to be changing in April, see link below.

Immigration Health Surcharge extends to Australia and New Zealand from 6 April 2016
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks for that. I thought that might happen because when they brought the IHS in last April, they said they were in talks with Australian and New Zealand over this.

It read like the UK were going to collect the cost of Australian and NZ citizens NHS treatment from their own countries because until they had ILR, they were visitors. I knew the Australian healthcare does not give the same full cover as the NHS and many need to buy insurance just in case, or pay for their own operations for some things.

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:53 am

Hi
Sorry for late reply

The application is for a pakistani citizen comin to uk as a spouse visa.
Applied for a health surcharge ticked to boxes
1. Are you applying out side of uk yes
2. Do you live on guernsey or isle of man no

Then on the nxt page a reference number appeared no payment details. Have i missed somethin or am i asumin the payment will be asked end of visa application for before submit.

Another question on the vf4 form online when does it ask for the reference numbr. Because iv filled most of it in but no sign of wher to input the recerence numbr

szofar
Pakistan

Post by szofar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:56 am

Missed some info the uk spouse is not in the armed forces

szofar
Pakistan

urgent pakistan visa question

Post by szofar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:48 am

Please can anyone advice urgently.

I have booked a appointement for my spouse visa in mirpur application centre.
I am aware that on the the day only passport and biometrics are submitted.

My main worry is the biometrics, is that done at the application centre on the appointment date or does he have to get it done prior to attending the appointment somewher else.

Please advice asap as the appointment is on friday 19th 2016

Thaks in advance

hn120
Newly Registered

Re: urgent pakistan visa question

Post by hn120 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi,

The biometrics are done at the appointment.

szofar
Pakistan

Thanks for all the help

Post by szofar » Thu May 19, 2016 9:27 pm

From all your help my niece has received her husbands visa this morning

This would not have been possible without the help of knowledgable members on this forum

Much appreciated