ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time gap from Student visa to non married partner visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Urgu
Newly Registered

Time gap from Student visa to non married partner visa

Post by Urgu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi,
I'm from Mexico and I'm in the UK with a student visa since August 2009, that visa expires July 2011. All this time I've living with my boyfriend (UK citizen) as we have been in a relationship since one year before coming to the UK. I would like to apply for a non married partner visa, but we are going to complete two years living together until August 20th, 20 days after my student visa expires (hard to prove it with documents anyway).
What should I do? apply for a Post study work visa (if that still exists after I finish my Masters) and wait until I can prove two years living together? or could I get a visa extension in some way? If I come back to Mexico and reapply so I can enter to the country, which visa would that be?
Thanks.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Time gap from Student visa to non married partner visa

Post by ElenaW » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:12 am

Just apply for the unmarried partner visa. I'm sure they'll give you a one month leeway.

Urgu
Newly Registered

Re: Time gap from Student visa to non married partner visa

Post by Urgu » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am

ElenaW wrote:Just apply for the unmarried partner visa. I'm sure they'll give you a one month leeway.
Thank you Elena... What would be the earliest I can apply considering that my visa is expired 31 of july... 28 days before?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Apply before 31-July. The closer it (the date you apply) is to 31-July, smaller will be the gap in the "2 year relationship".

regards