ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

told i need 6 months of wage slips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kerrieb1
Newly Registered

told i need 6 months of wage slips

Post by kerrieb1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 pm

hi i was wondering if someone could clear my british mind?....i am due to marry my usa partner in january here in the uk...what is supposed to be a happy time is now turning into a nightmare as i found out today that i need 6 months of wage slips to get a marriage visa to get married,my problem is i am a fulltime carer for my disabled son of which i get carers allowance/housing benefit/tax credits/dla for my son...i have £2000 saved to support my partner for the 3 week period my other half will be in england to get married for.. but cab told me thats not enough to get the marriage visa so im feeling i have had my wedding booked for nothing....any advice would be appreciated thankyou!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: told i need 6 months of wage slips

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:30 pm

You need to be clear on what visa exactly your partner will be applying for and what the plan is once you are married.

1. Marriage Visitor Visa - Costs roughly £85 - has to apply before coming to the UK. Has to leave UK before it expires. Cannot switch to spouse visa within the UK. Partner is not permitted to work.

2. Fiance Visa - Costs £1195 - has to apply before coming to UK. Partner is not permitted to work on the 6 month fiance visa. Once married, partner can apply for a spouse visa within the UK, costs £811 by post or £1311 for in person appointment PLUS £500 immigration health surcharge. Spouse visa will be granted for 2.5 years. Once visa is granted, partner is permitted to take up any employment.

If you are claiming DLA and carers allowance, you are likely exempt from the financial requirement and only have to prove adequate maintenance and accommodation, see link below for details on how to calculate this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05533.html

CAB is likely wrong based on your post and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kerrieb1
Newly Registered

Post by kerrieb1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi thankyou for your reply.....the visa we are trying to get is a marriage visa,my partner will only be able to stay in uk for 3 weeks after we marry as my partner has commitments in the usa too with surgeries my partner has to have due to a tumor in foot...my partner will apply for spouse visa once surgeries in the usa are all done!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:56 pm

kerrieb1 wrote:Hi thankyou for your reply.....the visa we are trying to get is a marriage visa,my partner will only be able to stay in uk for 3 weeks after we marry as my partner has commitments in the usa too with surgeries my partner has to have due to a tumor in foot...my partner will apply for spouse visa once surgeries in the usa are all done!
In which case 6 months pay slips aren't relevant to this application. They will be required when you apply for a Spouse Settlement visa.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/docume ... st-provide
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kerrieb1
Newly Registered

Post by kerrieb1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm

thankyou for your reply :)