ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transfer of conditions to new passport - is it necessary?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eyesonly
Newly Registered

transfer of conditions to new passport - is it necessary?

Post by eyesonly » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:52 pm

Hope someone can help:

I am a work permit holder in UK for the last 3 years. I have had a new passport for some time now (Visa still in the old passport), and I have had no issues entering any country as long as I carry both my passports.

I have recently got married and got the wife's dependant visa in her maiden name. After coming to UK, my wife has now had a new passport processed in her married name but the dependant visa is still in her old passport in the old name. I understand that to transfer the conditions to the new passport, it costs £160 (and may take months before the passport is returned) or £500 for a same day service. My question is:

1. Is transfer of conditions really necessary in her case? (trying to save money)
2. Can it create problems while entering UK?
3. Can it create problems while applying for entry to other countries, especially Schengen/US visas?

Anyone in the same boat has any experience to share?

Many thanks

Jimb01
Newly Registered

Post by Jimb01 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:05 am

Eyesonly

I am in a similar situation and my recent post on this subject is also unanswered.
Have you been able to obtain answers to your questions from another source?

In my case the Home Office insisted that wife’s FLR visa was issued in her maiden name as that was the name on her fiancé visa! This is quite extraordinary logic as it is was a requirement that we be married before the FLR visa could be issued! Quite obviously it is scam to extract extra fees for no additional work.

This problem must have been encountered previously especially by people entering the country on fiancé visas. Perhaps someone can suggest where these questions can be answered?

Jim