ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK family settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

soulfullness

UK family settlement visa

Post by soulfullness » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 am

My daughter recently got married in Dec 2016 in Sri Lanka after knowing the partner for the past 1 year. She is a British citizen and is trying to bring her husband over to UK from South Asia.

For the last two years she has been working however after two weeks of marriage she lost her job while she was preparing for the spouse visa. While she was having the job, she had a rented house to accommodate him as well as her pay was over £19000 per year but once she lost the job it has become complicated.

At present she is applying for jobs while finding ways on how to bring her spouse. Also she has a bank balance of £16,000 for the last 6 months.

Can anyone advice me in this circumstance how can she sponsor her spouse.

Casa

Re: UK family settlement visa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:24 pm

No as the first £16.000 of savings are disregarded. Without any income she would need to show £62,500 in savings, held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months.

Her husband can apply once your daughter has 6 months of playslips with the 6 months corresponding bank statements showing that she is able to meet the £18,600 annual earnings pro rata (i.e £9.300 over the 6 month period).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.