ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Help - Some questions and confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

whizkid
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa Help - Some questions and confusion

Post by whizkid » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm just preparing for my spouse's visa application and I'm not sure about certain things, many people on this forum have applied for spouse visa and I hope someone can help me out here.

Current Situation, I'm the husband (British Citizen) and applying visa for wife (Hong Kong Permanent Resident). I live with my parents in a 6 bedroom property and have plenty of room to accommodate me and my wife. The property is solely owned by my parents, and all the bills including utilities are in their name.

I've created an account on Visa4UK website, however I've not completed it yet as I'm still gathering evidence:

I'm not sure who is meant to be applying but for now, I've selected the option "Apply for Someone Else" as I have all the evidence & proofs, listed below are my questions:

1) Do I have to send original passports of me and my wife? Or should a photocopy of both our passports suffice? My wife travels so she needs the passport. If photocopies work, I have a scan of her passport, should a printout of the scan be sufficient?

2) As the property I live in is owned by parents, and utilities are in their name, would mobile and bank/credit card statements suffice as proof of address?

3) My wife needs IELTS and TB certificate for spouse visa, should she send this evidence to me (so I sent it together with the whole application) or will she be asked to produce it separately?

4) Do I need to complete Appendix 2 (Financial Requirement Form), I'm in full time permanent employment, earning well above the £18,600 limit?

5) When are the biometrics taken? Before sending evidence to UKVI or after? If before, do they provide evidence, will I need to attach something to say that my wife has done biometrics?

6) Do I send all the evidence to UKVI or I send all the evidence to my wife in HK and she submits it to UKVI?

Below is my checklist, please advise what to delete/add below:

Section 1: Application Forms
Application Form
Appendix 2 Form
SU07 Form

Section 2: Applicant’s Information
Copy of Passport
A copy of Hong Kong ID card showing status in Hong Kong
One Passport Photo
TB Certificate
IELTS English Result

Section 3: Sponsor’s Information
Letter of Introduction
Certified copy of Passport
Passport Photo

Section 4: Proof of Marriage
English Marriage Certificate
Marriage photos of ceremonies
Sponsor’s and applicant airline tickets for overseas marriage

Section 5: Proof of Financial Eligibility
Recent P60
7 Months of Pay Slips
7 Months of Bank Statements showing salary
Company Letter showing salary and length of employment

Section 6: Proof of Sufficient Accommodation
Letter of Permission from Parents
Land Registry of Property
House Inspection Report
Utilities Bills in Parent’s Name
SOME Bills in my name

Section 7: Proof of Genuine and Subsisting Relationship
WhatsApp Call Log
WhatsApp Messages
FaceTime Call Log
Photos of relationship

I'd be grateful if you can answer the six questions above

Thanks for the help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa Help - Some questions and confusion

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:18 pm

You DO NOT need SU07. It is not relevant for a spouse visa.

Yes, Appendix 2 is mandatory. Application will be refused if this is not submitted.

She has to submit her original passport.

She applies and once you go through the process of the online form and book the appointment for your wife to submit the documents and enroll biometrics, it should tell what documents get sent where.

Don't forget to pay the £600 immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

whizkid
Newly Registered

Post by whizkid » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Assuming you receive your visa, do you have a time limit to come to UK?

I ask because my wife has a knee surgery which will delay her arrival to the UK for at least 2 months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:23 pm

whizkid wrote:Assuming you receive your visa, do you have a time limit to come to UK?

I ask because my wife has a knee surgery which will delay her arrival to the UK for at least 2 months.
The initial entry clearance visa is only issued for 30 days and the applicant must enter within that time and collect their BRP card within 10 days of arriving.

Suggest either apply when spouse is ready / recovered or apply stating clearly intended date of travel (although HO don't always honour this request).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

whizkid
Newly Registered

Post by whizkid » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Much thanks CR001.

So from what I gather; once she gets her BRP she has no restrictions on the time spent outside UK? She can freely travel in and out of country?

Also, Is visa or BRP tied to passport? Within a year's time, she will be eligible for HKSAR passport. Currently, she holds a passport of another country which has to be cancelled upon receiving HKSAR nationality. Is the visa easily transferable?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:11 pm

whizkid wrote:Much thanks CR001.

So from what I gather; once she gets her BRP she has no restrictions on the time spent outside UK? She can freely travel in and out of country? Correct, although she needs to be resident in the UK, ie not living abroad and only visiting the UK. Any absence should be limited and for good reason. For ILR, she is required to declare ALL absence of 180 days or more. Excessive absence will have an impact on her qualifying for future citizenship application.

Also, Is visa or BRP tied to passport? Within a year's time, she will be eligible for HKSAR passport. Currently, she holds a passport of another country which has to be cancelled upon receiving HKSAR nationality. Is the visa easily transferable? Yes, it is tied to a passport/nationality. I am not sure if transferable as her entire nationality will change but HO MUST be informed and it might have to be a new application but I am not sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)