ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to the UK with Japanese wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Post by dcdx89 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello everyone.

Bit of a long shot but id appreciate advice from anyone who can offer it.

I live and work in Japan with my Japanese partner. We want to get her to England so we can live together at home. She recently applied for the youth mobility visa but failed as applicants are basically chosen at random.

I have a job offer at home that only pays 17.5 a year, so not meeting the 18.6 required. I do however have more than 16k in savings if this helps. Would it be possible to return to the UK on this contract and apply? Also would my partner apply for the visa in Japan or would i need to do it for her in London?

Also any other options that means we can stay together in the UK would be great, but unfortunately i dont think there are any!

Cheers

David

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: uk spouse visa options - savings?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:01 pm

You need 18,600pa....

Savings can be counted to reduce this but unfortunately the first £16k of saving are disregarded so we'd to know the exact amount..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Wanderer wrote:You need 18,600pa....Savings can be counted to reduce this but unfortunately the first £16k of saving are disregarded so we'd to know the exact amount..
In order to make up the difference of about £1000 between the job offer and the Minimum Income Requirement, you would need savings of (difference*2.5)+16000. So, in your case, it would be (1,100*2.5)+16,000=18,750.

That savings needs to be in an accessible form (so, bank account, etc, but not in illiquid assets such as shares, etc.) for at least six months before application. The Home Office may also go into the source of the funds, so have proof of that handy as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 pm

David what is your current employment status in Japan, and how much do you receive from employment income there?

Will this UK job be available to you within 3 months of returning.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Post by dcdx89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:52 am

Obie wrote:David what is your current employment status in Japan, and how much do you receive from employment income there?

Will this UK job be available to you within 3 months of returning.
I am full-time employed in Japan and have earned over 18.6 since i have been here from April 2016 up to now. The job will be available, but within 3 months I can possibly find a job through my previous company that pays 19k a year.

dcdx89
Newly Registered

UK Spouse visa - who applies?

Post by dcdx89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 am

Hello again,

sorry for another annoying spouse visa query but i need get this information as this may be something ill be pursuing in the near future. If I am working in the UK trying to fulfill the visa requirements whilst my wife works in Japan, who actually applies for the Visa? This confuses me as when i read about this online the wording will explain things as if its my wife who applies, but then says 'you' need to supply proof of the 18.6k income. If I am in the UK how do I supply this information to the office in Japan? I dont understand.

Do I literally need to visit Japan to supply my wife with the pay slips I have?

Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 am

Then you may apply for the spouse visa now then.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Post by dcdx89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:16 am

Obie wrote:Then you may apply for the spouse visa now then.
Thats interesting.

Just some additional information -

I am here in Japan on a working holiday visa and have been working since April 2016. I am employed as a part time worker but each month make around 1500 in pounds and over the year is way more than the 18.6k.

Would the immigration office in Japan ask for pay slips for all 12 months? This can be arranged but id like to know.

In regards to the job offer at home, do you know what they would need, would an email suffice? As we would be living with my parents in the UK at the time she arrives in the UK I would imagine that a trip to the UK before-hand is unavoidable by the sounds of it. What would I need to collect from the UK and bring back to Japan to make the application?

I aim to go back around April so I will have some time to sort things out then.

Thank you

vinny

Re: UK Spouse visa - who applies?

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:32 am

dcdx89 wrote:If I am in the UK how do I supply this information to the office in Japan? I dont understand.
Your wife is the applicant. You may use the Royal Mail or Post Office or DHL, etc?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Last Spouse Visa Query - Financial requirement

Post by dcdx89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi everyone.

Just one last post on this spouse visa thing. Can anyone spot any flaws with this plan in getting my Japanese wife to the UK?

I now live in Japan. I visit the UK in April. During this time i will get a written confirmation from an employer showing i have a job offer for 19k a year. My parents will write a letter saying we can live with them. DO ANY OF THESE DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE CERTIFIED?

Ill take those documents back to Japan and apply with my wife for the visa. As I have earned more than 18.6k over the last year in Japan, can i use this to substitute the 6 month work rule? If so can i just use my japanese payslips? do these need to be certified or translated?

I think thats all!

Thank you so much again,

David

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 am

Please continue in this topic. Why do you keep posting new topics in the Tier 1 (General) forum? Are you a Tier 1 (General) holder in the UK?

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Post by dcdx89 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 am

Yes my apologies i seem to be confused.

No I'm a British national living in Japan. My queries are purely regarding the obtaining of the UK spouse Via for my wife to come to the UK.

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Post by dcdx89 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 pm

Good morning everyone.

I am looking for some advice and would appreciate anything that anyone can offer. I am a young British national who has been living Japan for 3 years now with my Japanese wife. Life is great here but I feel it is time to go home and start a career in the UK (my experience is banking/finance)

We do not want to separate so we initially tried to apply for the youth mobility visa to get her home for 2 years so we can work something out from home however we have failed this 3 times as its a system based on luck where they essentially draw applications out of a hat due to limited numbers. The next option is the spouse visa. Here are my questions.

1. Is it possible to go home by myself, find a job that meets the requirement and bring her over from the UK?

2. My salary in Japan meets the 6 month requirement. This seems too simple but is it literally a case of getting 6 months of payslips translated into English then giving them to my wife to apply with in Japan once im home? Surely after the process goes on eventually those 6 months will be old and they will need later ones i wont have yet?

3. If I go home and work for 6 months without my wife, is it possible to apply for her to come over?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:48 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 am
Please continue in this topic. Why do you keep posting new topics in the Tier 1 (General) forum? Are you a Tier 1 (General) holder in the UK?

vinny

Re: Returning to the UK with Japanese wife

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 pm

Yes. It's possible, if you meet the requirements (In 2 - they are talking about UK employment?). You also have to show subsisting marriage for the period(s) that you are apart.