ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI Enquiry Service email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pervaz

Worried (Kuwait)

Post by Pervaz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:43 am

Application submitted, biometrics completed and scanned documents sent to Sheffield all on 12th of Oct.

51 days later and a progress email states "I have tracked the status GWF000000000-00/00/0000 and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application."

100% of cases are turned around from Kuwait within 60 days.

What are the odds my case will be reviewed by 6th of Jan considering UK has 3 days of official holidays between today and 6th of Jan ?

noajthan

Re: Worried (Kuwait)

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:50 am

Pervaz wrote:Application submitted, biometrics completed and scanned documents sent to Sheffield all on 12th of Oct.

51 days later and a progress email states "I have tracked the status GWF000000000-00/00/0000 and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application."

100% of cases are turned around from Kuwait within 60 days.

What are the odds my case will be reviewed by 6th of Jan considering UK has 3 days of official holidays between today and 6th of Jan ?
Not to mention all the unofficial holidays as civil servants and admin staff use up their annual leave to spend time with families.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Pervaz

Post by Pervaz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:15 am

Thanks noajthan - Civil servants can be so inconsiderate taking holidays esp when our application is sitting on some desk gathering dust (or maybe they could just stamp "VISA" as its the holiday season lol)

Pervaz

Post by Pervaz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:48 am

Well wonders will never cease...

Sent an escalation email yesterday afternoon (25th Dec) and got a reply this morning (at 5.35am) saying that "a decision has now been made on your application".

Now just have to wait for the VFS email ....

Pervaz

Post by Pervaz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 am

Now I am really worried !!

I received the email that a decision was reached on my visa on Dec 26th. So far I have not received any email from VFS asking me to pick up my documents.

If my visa was rejected then will the documents be sent to the Health Surcharge team to refunds the NHS fees - would this explain the delay in no documents received ?

Pervaz

UKVI Enquiry Service email

Post by Pervaz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:42 am

I had sent my wifes application for family visa on 12th of Oct (confirmation email on 13th of Oct)

On 26th of Dec I got an email stating "..a decision has been made"

Since then I haven't got my docs back from the local (Kuwait) VFS so I sent another email last night and got a reply "...Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
other administrative formalities are completed..."

What are the "other administrative formalities" ?

How long would the "decision made" to the documents in your hand take ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVI Enquiry Service email

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:01 am

Likely delays due to the holiday season, short staffed offices etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pervaz

Re: UKVI Enquiry Service email

Post by Pervaz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 am

Thank you CR001, so I shouldn't read too much into the delay (e.g. not gone to rejection team or anything like that)