ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner visa evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mylife0015
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner visa evidence

Post by Mylife0015 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:30 am

Can anyone help me understand what documentation / evidence is required for an unmarried partner visa?

I'm Australian, currently on a work permit. I wish to leave my employment to go contracting therefore switch to an unmarried partner visa. My partner is british.

we would have been living together for 2 years on 15th August. Because we've moved house twice in this time we threw a lot of bills and documentation away - unaware that we may need this later. However we have the following:

1) Tenancy agreement commencing 15th August 2002 in both names for Address 1.

2) Letter from employer sent to my partner advising promotion October 02 to address 1.

2) Car insurance certificate sent to my partner at address 1 on 13th May 2003.

3) Car sales invoice in partner's name showing address 1, received May 2003

4) payslip sent to me at address 1 on 29th august 2002.

5) Inland Rev doc sent to me in Dec 2002 to address 1.

Move into address 2 on 15th June 2003.
----------------------------------------------

1) Various docs / bills sent to each of us respectively at same address, though not together.

2) joint tenancy agreement in both names

Move into address 3 on 7th feb 2004 - until present
------------------------------------------

1) tenancy agreement in both names

2) various bills in respective and both names

We have very little photographs of us together as we're both camera shy.

We do have british airways airmile statements each showing we've taken the same flights to 3 destinations over the last 2 years.

Would this suffice? If this process is going to take 6 months to complete and bring more heartache than freedom to work anywhere, I'd rather stay on with my horrible employer. HSMP not an option. Do not qualify. don't want to get married yet.

Also, can we apply in person for the premium service to get it done in a day?

Sorry its long winded.... hope somebody can help.

noah
Newly Registered

Post by noah » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:45 pm

If that's what you've got, then it's got to do. The evidence needs to tip the balance of probabilities, it does not need to be exhaustively irrefutable. Other ideas might be...

Was your partner on the Electoral Rolls at either address?

Any evidence that you paid council tax at either address?

Old phone bills showing calls to your family in Oz from either address? You may be able to get old bills from BT?