ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help - LTR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manishman
Newly Registered

Urgent help - LTR

Post by Manishman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:18 am

Hi, I would be grateful if I can get an urgent response.

I have made an application for LTR last year but it was refused, I then filed to appeal the case. I got a letter from tribunal in march of this year for a hearing on june 29. After attending the hearing, I was told that a decision would be made and sent to me by post within a couple of weeks. Now it has been 3 months since I attend the hearing and no decision as yet. Efforts were made to try to contact the tribunal for an answer but the only response was that they have received the documents which they requested a few days after the hearing but no decision as yet.

Now, my father is really ill and basically on his death bed and I need to be there. My only option is to just scrap this whole thing and ask the home office to return my documents asap. I was wondering if me asking for my travel documents would mean that I have to withdraw everything even after I have already attended the hearing but now only waiting on a decision?

I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT HELP!

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:19 am

What category of 'LTR' did you apply for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manishman
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help - LTR

Post by Manishman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 am

it was on basis of family life with spouse and 2 children

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 am

What is your UK immigration history?

What is the immigration status of your wife and children?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:56 am

On a previous occasion , I have found that complaining to the resident judge of the FTT can help.

I remembered a matter that was sat on for 6 months. After complaining to resident judge, determination arrived in couple of weeks with apology from resident judge.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Manishman
Newly Registered

Post by Manishman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:03 am

CR001 wrote:What is your UK immigration history?

What is the immigration status of your wife and children?
Both my kids are British born and my wife has ILR.. this is my my first time dealing with anything of this sort.. so I have a clean immigration history