ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF4A form (online) and Sponsor's financial details

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mittal81
Newly Registered

VAF4A form (online) and Sponsor's financial details

Post by mittal81 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi All,

Firstly, many thanks for your kind endeavour and support in the form of this site. Great job!

I am in need of some very urgent information about providing the employment and financial details of the sponsor through the VAF4A form online.

Scenario: I and my wife are ILR holders since FEB 2013 and my wife has been in India since Dec 2013 for maternity reasons. We now want to bring the new born baby (3months old) to UK asap and found that VAF4A and Appendix 2 are the forms to be filled in.

I have filled up the VAF4A form this evening under the guidance of a friend who did it 2 years ago, assuming that the Appendix 2 details (Sponsor's employment and financial details) will be asked for as part of the employment section.

I filled in the application form assuming as baby and selected 'No' as the option when asked for the below point under employment

Have you ever worked for any organisation (state or non-state) listed below?
Armed Forces (including National Service)
Government (Central or Local)
Judiciary
Media
Public or Civil Administration
Security (including police and private security companies)?

And selected 'Supported by Spouse/Partner/Other' as the option for the next question as below,

What is your current working status?

As earlier we were assuming that this will lead to asking all the information about the sponsor.
However, it didn't and I am now in serious confusion as to how I go about the details as asked by the printable Appendix 2 form.

I have submitted and declared the form but not taken the appointment yet.

Please can you help me understand if I have selected an incorrect option as 'Supported by Spouse/Partner/Other'?
Although not convincing, but should I have opted for the option as 'Employed', which may have led to all the details from Appendix 2?

In case the option I have selected above is right, is there another online link to fill in Appendix 2 OR should we fill it it manually on a printed form available at the below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

As always, I'd greatly appreciate and thank an early reply towards the above.

Many thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: VAF4A form (online) and Sponsor's financial details

Post by MPH80 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 pm

You print it and fill it out manually.

mittal81
Newly Registered

Post by mittal81 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Many thanks for the swift response.

Sorry to ask; but is that the expected process to be followed? i.e. there is no online format of Appendix 2 at all?

Many thanks again.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:50 pm

You're to register online,fill the vaf4 online,pay,submit and print
Then fill appendix 2 by hand.

mittal81
Newly Registered

Post by mittal81 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 am

Hi,

Many thanks again for the kind and swift response.

Regards.