ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Application for Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

debooy2

Visa Application for Spouse

Post by debooy2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Please I need a bit of help from this forum. We are yet to marry but I intend to apply after our wedding.

I am the sponsor and my fiancee is a non UK resident. I need help regarding documents and where and who to send documents and where to send them to.

My questions: Is my fiancee the one to complete application or can I complete on her behalf or it doesn't matter?

Where do we send documents and evidence to?

I have read somewhere on here that our evidence and documents are sent separately and I have to send mine from the UK?

Can I also confirm that the financial requirement is the gross earning and not the net?

Please kindly shed more light on these for me.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Application for Spouse

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 pm

debooy2 wrote:Hi everyone,

Please I need a bit of help from this forum. We are yet to marry but I intend to apply after our wedding.

I am the sponsor and my fiancee is a non UK resident. I need help regarding documents and where and who to send documents and where to send them to.

My questions: Is my fiancee the one to complete application or can I complete on her behalf or it doesn't matter? Fiance/spouse is applicant and must sign the form. Either can complete it online.

Where do we send documents and evidence to? Depends which country she is applying from and your post doesn't state this.

I have read somewhere on here that our evidence and documents are sent separately and I have to send mine from the UK? See comment above

Can I also confirm that the financial requirement is the gross earning and not the net? Gross and be mindful if you have variable income as UKVI will take the lowest monthly pay to calculate.

Please kindly shed more light on these for me.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

debooy2

Post by debooy2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. She's in Nigeria.

And please how soon after weddibg can we apply?

And please can someone help with list of documents.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Immediately after wedding if you have the marriage certificate. I am assuming you are marrying in person and not by proxy??

Read the link below on the requirements and also do a search of the forum.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

debooy2

Post by debooy2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I am marrying person. Not by proxy!

Thanks.

debooy2

Post by debooy2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:11 pm

CR001 wrote:Immediately after wedding if you have the marriage certificate. I am assuming you are marrying in person and not by proxy??

Read the link below on the requirements and also do a search of the forum.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
Hi again,

Please I also a need a clarification.I gathered that you would be informed of what to do next when the online application is submitted online.

As the sponsor, is it possible to send my documents with the application in Nigeria if we apply while I'm in Nigeria or is there a process where my original documents will be submitted in the UK? This is important bec i will submitting original documents I would like to know how they will be safely returned to me?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Not sure about Nigerian applications but the online process will tell you what to do. If you are required to send your originals to the UK, you can include a pre paid special delivery envelope for your documents to be returned to a UK address.

Note, you do not have to send your original British passport (assuming you are British).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

debooy2

Post by debooy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:22 am

Hi ,

Thank you. Please what's the list of documents.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:24 am

The form and guidance notes clearly state what needs to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

debooy2

Post by debooy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:44 am

Thank you