ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension for dependant after main applicant ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

divyas
Newly Registered

Visa extension for dependant after main applicant ILR

Post by divyas » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:34 am

Hello,

I was on a Tier 1 General visa when my wife entered UK in April 2013 under Tier 1 General Dependant visa, which was valid upto Oct 2013 for her based on my visa validity. We both went for an extension in Oct 2013 and my wife got her PBS dependant visa extended upto Oct 2016. I got my ILR in Aug 2015 after completion of 5 years stay in UK. And my wife is eligible for ILR in April 2018, as by then she would have completed her 5 years in UK.
My wife's current visa as a PBS dependant is about to get expired in Oct 2016 and we need to go for an extension this month.
1. On which site should we submit an application for her extension?
2. Under which category does her extension come under? I cannot find Tier 1 general dependant option.
3. Her visa is valid upto Oct, will that be ok if we apply for extension in July itself. (as it will be extended for 3 years and she anyways needs 2 years only to cover her ILR period)
4. As I read online that since I am in ILR now, her's should be applied for FLR(M), but with that her number of years of stay in UK will be reset and she will need to stay for another 5 years for ILR eligibility.

Please advice.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa extension for dependant after main applicant ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:44 am

1. Tier 1 General Dependent

2. Application to Extend Stay in UK as Tier 1 Dependent (click) and Tier 1 General Partner (click)

3. Should be fine

4. No, she can continue to extend her current visa, the immigration rules permit it. She would have to switch to FLR(M) only IF you got ILR based on Long Residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.