ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK online application question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Odai
Newly Registered

Visa4UK online application question

Post by Odai » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Hello

I am currently filling out an application for a family member to come and visit us here in the UK, travelling from Jordan.

There is a question on the form that asks the following:

"Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?"

I have entered 'yes' to this question as they do have significant savings they will be drawing from to fund their trip. However, selecting 'yes' brings up a further input field that asks for the sum of the monthly income from various sources. Regarding savings, it doesn't ask what the all up sum of the savings in the bank account comes to, but rather what the monthly income from these savings is (I'm assuming from interest, investment returns etc). The savings themselves come to a significant sum and are most certainly enough to fund the trip, but the actual monthly income from those savings is insignificant.

Should I ignore the wording on the form and just enter the total sum of savings in that field?

The last time I applied I selected 'no' for this question as there was no income from these savings, even those the savings actually came to a large sum. I thought this was the best option, but the application was rejected with the rejection letter citing this as the reason, explaining that it implies my family member has no savings available to her. So at the moment I am lost as to what is the best option.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Odai.

Odai
Newly Registered

Re: Visa4UK online application question

Post by Odai » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Sorry to bump this but is there any way I can contact the UKVI about family visas by email to get an answer to this question?

I've tried using the online web form but after a week of waiting we still haven't had any response. Phoning the 0300 number gives a pre-recorded message informing that there is a (extortionate) charge to speak to an adviser.